Elite indicators :) - page 92

simba, I think it is a good idea

I am working on Millard's channel but I really would not like to tell anything that would sound like a promise.

Some work on it is done some is still to be finished, and if I learned anything about "schedule" in coding after all these years is that one can never tell when will some code be finished (sometimes problems that look simple as hell are the ones taking more time than those that seemed complicated at the beginning))

So, what I "propose" is to start all that once the channels are ready (since they are indeed very, very interesting and since sharing your knowledge here would be much appreciated)

regards

mladen

SIMBA:
Yes,these indicators make you think about what will be the most probable course of action,and they get you to think dually,which is the best way to think when trading .

I have learnt to enjoy the TMA centered,ever since you were kind enough to post it in one of my threads..Now,I have tried to take the new one you posted here and tried to do a mod which basically consists in "projecting" it into the future,I have used Fourier extrapolator to no avail(which I have used successfully for other indicators),the other option is to use the Polyfit indicators by igorad and try to bridge the 2 together,but I don`t even know how to start ...I am not a coder(that is obvious),so,I would like to ask you,if you think that it could be useful,if you could devise some way to do this mod,basically project your indicator(which is already centered) into the future,n bars,selectable by user,and,specially the TMA with bands.

My idea is to use if for trading,setting one at half span equal to half the span of the dominant cycle(using Corona charts you can know the dominant cycle ),and another one set to half THAT span...basically I am trying to replicate what Hurst did with his channels,and what Brian Millard and the guy at swingmachine are probably already doing...both crossovers and projected bands will probably be extremely useful in trading...basically,this method will combine both Time(half cycle) and price(std of price),and ,with practice,will help finetune our trading.

If you think it is a good idea,and you want to do it,I can open a thread here and show anybody interested how to use them.

Thanks for your indicators,as usual,they are awesome.

Regards

S

OK, will work something in that direction :):)

Of picture : just make the terminal window smaller (I use that way, easiest to lazy ones like me ) and then save it (active chart (as is))

mladen

SIMBA:
Thanks mladen,

This is what it can already be done with your TMA bands,as they are now(I just modded them to have a selectable by user ATR multiplier).

If we could project both the TMAS and the bands into the future,I am sure we will gain an edge in decision making...they are not going to be the Holy Grail,but they will help a lot in making decisions,specifically when deciding about market situation...ie:If you are a swing trader,and you aim for 2-4 weeks swings...Would you short the GJ now? Or would you wait for a long entry?...

Sorry,I don`t know how to make the attachment smaller,if somebody can indicate me how to do so,I will do it asap.

Regards

S

Channels

mladen:
simba, I think it is a good idea

I am working on Millard's channel but I really would not like to tell anything that would sound like a promise.

Some work on it is done some is still to be finished, and if I learned anything about "schedule" in coding after all these years is that one can never tell when will some code be finished (sometimes problems that look simple as hell are the ones taking more time than those that seemed complicated at the beginning))

So, what I "propose" is to start all that once the channels are ready (since they are indeed very, very interesting and since sharing your knowledge here would be much appreciated)

regards

mladen

Thanks mladen,

This is what it can already be done with your TMA bands,as they are now(I just modded them to have a selectable by user ATR multiplier).

If we could project both the TMAS and the bands into the future,I am sure we will gain an edge in decision making...they are not going to be the Holy Grail,but they will help a lot in making decisions,specifically when deciding about market situation...ie:If you are a swing trader,and you aim for 2-4 weeks swings...Would you short the GJ now? Or would you wait for a long entry?...

Sorry,I don`t know how to make the attachment smaller,if somebody can indicate me how to do so,I will do it asap.

Regards

S

Files:
channels_1.gif  46 kb

Thks

mladen:
OK, will work something in that direction

Of picture : just make the terminal window smaller (I use that way, easiest to lazy ones like me and then save it (active chart (as is))

mladen

thanks...Twice

S

I think that now is good time to show Hurst Channel for MT4.

Files:
hc_1.gif  15 kb

igorad:

Good time indeed. Excellent and impressive work, Igorad.

Thanks..!

igorad:

Thanks Igorad!!!

Thks

Thanks thrice Igorad

mladen:question...Will you still develop the TMA bands with projection?

My question stems from the fact that Hurst Channels and TMA bands have slightly different behaviour,both are very good,and they behave differently.

Regards

S

Simba, yes, I will.

That is why I was talking about "Millards channel". His implementation indeed depends on triangular ma (he in fact recommends only the triangular ma in his "Channels & Cycles" book - with a good subtitle too : "A Tribute to J.M.Hurst") Here is one link with an already renamed Millards way of making channel (even though it talks about Hurst channels on a couple of places) just to show what it would be about cycleMABands and compare it to a page from Millards book (unfortunately all I have is a scanned version)

Igorads version of Hurst channel is a very good one and we could make a complete collection of channels with one more. But, as I said, please do not take it as a promise : right now I am in such an intensive learning period (and working on some other things) that I really can not tell when

regards

mladen

SIMBA:
Thanks thrice Igorad

mladen:question...Will you still develop the TMA bands with projection?

My question stems from the fact that Hurst Channels and TMA bands have slightly different behaviour,both are very good,and they behave differently.

Regards

S
Files:
millard.jpg  320 kb

Millard

mladen:
Simba, yes, I will.

That is why I was talking about "Millards channel". His implementation indeed depends on triangular ma (he in fact recommends only the triangular ma in his "Channels & Cycles" book - with a good subtitle too : "A Tribute to J.M.Hurst") Here is one link with an already renamed Millards way of making channel (even though it talks about Hurst channels on a couple of places) just to show what it would be about cycleMABands and compare it to a page from Millards book (unfortunately all I have is a scanned version)

Igorads version of Hurst channel is a very good one and we could make a complete collection of channels with one more. But, as I said, please do not take it as a promise : right now I am in such an intensive learning period (and working on some other things) that I really can not tell when

regards

mladen

Yes,Igorad version of Hurst channels is exceptional,and your version,which is slightly different(I love the ATR 10 being taken from 10 bars ago,that presupposes an ATR cycle of approx 20 bars,which indeed is the dominant one) is exceptional too,so when we have 2 exceptionals we can finetune the trades 2 ways...In any case,what do you want me to do? Shall I post my use of your TMA Bands or shall I wait for the development of projections?

Thanks both to Igorad and to you for the exceptional indicators you have been coding.

Regards

S

Reason: