Elite indicators :) - page 93

Thanks for the great work, mladen and igorad !

I also learn from other contributions. Thanks Simba, mrtools, Snowski ,..

Simba, in post #917 you have shown a chart with modified TMA. You said that you've configured an ATR multiplier. Is this all you did? From my point of view an ATR multiplier can only change the range and therefore the bands but not the center (buffer1). But your chart shows that also the center is changed.

Could you please explain what you mean with ATR multiplier?

I would be glad to hear how you use the TMA Bands.

kalusao:
Thanks for the great work, mladen and igorad !

I also learn from other contributions. Thanks Simba, mrtools, Snowski ,..

Simba, in post #917 you have shown a chart with modified TMA. You said that you've configured an ATR multiplier. Is this all you did? From my point of view an ATR multiplier can only change the range and therefore the bands but not the center (buffer1). But your chart shows that also the center is changed.

Could you please explain what you mean with ATR multiplier?

I would be glad to hear how you use the TMA Bands.

Kalusao

1-ATR multiplier ...m

extern int HalfLength = 56;

extern int Price = PRICE_CLOSE;

extern int m = 2;

double range = iATR(NULL,0,20,i+10)*m;

2-I didn`t change the center,I just used 2 TMAs..first one with HalfLength =59 and m=3...second one with HalfLength =290 and m=7 .

3-How do I use them?..There are many ways to use them,and I plan to open a new thread here explaining my methods,for the moment let`s suffice that if you take the distance from the top(I round numbers) at 163 to the center at 155,where the 2 TMAS cross, and project it down,it gives you 147,now,you add+-10% of the total distance(16 handles)..and it gives you a target area for a bottom at 148.60-145.40...the exact bottom was 148.63...so,not bad..once I am in the area I look for potential buy patterns...In this case there was a nice 2B buy pattern with the spike that made the lows(I explained this pattern in another thread)

Regards

S

Thanks Simba. I was missing the change in the Halflength.

Your method looks interesting. I don't know how you determine the Halflength and ATR multiplier values and I'm looking forward to read more in your thread.

Regards,

kalusao

Halflength

kalusao:
Thanks Simba. I was missing the change in the Halflength.

Your method looks interesting. I don't know how you determine the Halflength and ATR multiplier values and I'm looking forward to read more in your thread.

Regards,

kalusao

Kalusao,

Thanks for your kind comments.

I determine the Half length by doing spectral analisys,a la Hurst,I use a propietary method developed among a group of 8 people working together for several months under a nondisclosure mutual agreement,but this is not a problem since we can either use the DFG and/or the Ehlers Corona indicator by Igorad and/or Richcap indicators posted in the digital filters section to measure the length of the dominant(s) cycle(s) with similar results.

No matter what method you use,the 10% deviation rule makes practically certain that the target area is going to be the same.

Regarding m values,this is not a science,more like an art,basically you try anything between 2 and 8 and get a feel for the best visual match,then you play your choice on the visual tester and see in real time if it still works or not...you repeat the process until you get a value that usually works well in the visual tester...If you use ATR,usually the longer the Halflength,the higher the ATR multiple has to be,if you use std that is not necessarily so...I prefer ATR,but that is just a personal preference.

Regards

S

Simba,

I have played with HalfLength and ATR multiplier and noticed that the higher the multiplier the more I see that the bands are not smoothed. This is in contradiction to what I see in your chart. There the bands are all smoothed.

Is there anything else that I am missing?

Regards,

kalusao

Strange indicator from broken mind?

Hi all,

a quick question to all programers here. There is lots of TS in forex we all know, but if we can separate them just for a bit in 2 groups: basic(popular) and advanced(not so popular). What will happened if we take for example 5 or 6 of the basic ones, plot them in indicator and record all the entry/exit signals?

The "normal" S/L and T/P its not a difficult guess, so....if we can put them marked on our charts combined with low liquidity (volume, time...) can we "see" the easy "prey" all the sharks are seeing? Can we swim first and just surf the wave they made?

Just that. Thank you in advance.

P.S Of course we need to have in mind that sharks will not "eat" them twice at the same day using the same money, of course the "prey" will loosen their s/l and t/p the second time....and so on.

SIMBA:
Good question,

If you Look at my chart ,upper left corner,you will see GBPJPY M2...;)..Why is that so?....Because I use Constant Range Bars..why?..Because as you have had the opportunity to experience ,they smoothe the signal and decrease the noise....Without delay....without repainting.

I have found that 99% of indicators do not work,and the other 1% that DO work,they work better in CRBs,if you know how to size them....So,Igorad and mladen indicators deserve to be put on CRBs

Now,the 2 questions you may have....;)

1-What do I use to create the CRBs?...I use a commercial product(a script) by mql services,whose owner is a member of this Forum(Michal or Michel)...since they are one of the few commercials that deliver,sorry,i won`t post the script here,the script is affordable,and there are,probably,several similar scripts or indicators,for free.

2-How do I size them?...I use ATR(100)..and I choose the ,rounded,number of pips for H4 ATR(100),which for GBPJPY is 100 pips,so the bars in that chart are 100 pips from high to low...For EURUSD I use 50 pips and for other pairs I size accordingly....Why Do I use h4?...Because my methods seem to work better in h4(and EA tests usually confirm that),so,I thought that equalizing the bars for h4 volatility will improve them even more...It did.

In any case,I combine techniques with CRBs and techniques with several normal timeframes,so,don`t worry,I too use normal charts,and will use in my promised thread,but CRBs afford me a better "less biased" view...

Regards

S

Hi Simba

Saw your M2 chart was guessing that's what it was but have Renko script, very ingenious use of these, kind of quickly threw this together using TMA Bands with Renko, looks like a lot of opportunities.Looking forward to your thread.

ps) bands aren't set right just threw this together real quick before going to work!!

Files:
simbas.gif  36 kb

Just as a temporary help : in this one those ATR multipliers and ATR length can be set from parameters

One more thing (something I usually do not do, but) : Michal's CRB is a very professionally made script. Also mrtools's solution is elegant as usual

SIMBA:
Good question,

If you Look at my chart ,upper left corner,you will see GBPJPY M2...;)..Why is that so?....Because I use Constant Range Bars..why?..Because as you have had the opportunity to experience ,they smoothe the signal and decrease the noise....Without delay....without repainting.

I have found that 99% of indicators do not work,and the other 1% that DO work,they work better in CRBs,if you know how to size them....So,Igorad and mladen indicators deserve to be put on CRBs

1-What do I use to create the CRBs?...I use a commercial product(a script) by mql services,whose owner is a member of this Forum(Michal or Michel)...since they are one of the few commercials that deliver,sorry,i won`t post the script here,the script is affordable,and there are,probably,several similar scripts or indicators,for free.

2-How do I size them?...I use ATR(100)..and I choose the ,rounded,number of pips for H4 ATR(100),which for GBPJPY is 100 pips,so the bars in that chart are 100 pips from high to low...For EURUSD I use 50 pips and for other pairs I size accordingly....Why Do I use h4?...Because my methods seem to work better in h4(and EA tests usually confirm that),so,I thought that equalizing the bars for h4 volatility will improve them even more...It did.

In any case,I combine techniques with CRBs and techniques with several normal timeframes,so,don`t worry,I too use normal charts,and will use in my promised thread,but CRBs afford me a better "less biased" view...

Regards

S

I haven't notice you were using Renko untill now. I found it an interesting mather to explore since i also think 99% of the indicators doesn't work, they all lag and are all affected by the time factor. By eliminating the time i found that charts are more precise and indicator more effective, but, now the Renko box is becoming my main concern, your method of defining bar size is interesting. but box size defines a chart so much and is such an important factor that i still hesitate in using CRBs. I am looking for more info on that mather on how to define box size. I think that optimizing box size is a University thesis by itself. All you inputs will be deeply consider. I personally use a free script. Here it is.

renkolivechart_v1.6.mq4

Files:

Missing

kalusao:
Simba,

I have played with HalfLength and ATR multiplier and noticed that the higher the multiplier the more I see that the bands are not smoothed. This is in contradiction to what I see in your chart. There the bands are all smoothed.

Is there anything else that I am missing?

Regards,

kalusao

Good question,

1-What do I use to create the CRBs?...I use a commercial product(a script) by mql services,whose owner is a member of this Forum(Michal )...since they are one of the few commercials that deliver,sorry,i won`t post the script here,the script is affordable,and there are,probably,several similar scripts or indicators,for free.

Regards

S

Reason: