Elite indicators :) - page 682

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
SAugustine:
Hi Mladen

Looks interesting & promising enough to experiment with!! Could please add the vertical lines for zero-cross coupled with the standard message alerts package?

Thanks & regards

Sylvester

Sylvester

Here is a version with alerts and lines on zero line crossing added

Hercs
Hercs  
mladen:
ValeoFX T3 TMA combination is a combination of T3 and centered TMA. Centered TMA can change values up to half period back (so it depends on the centered TMA period how many bars back can be recalculated)

It's been a while since we had in-depth discussions on half periods. Mine was running at your defaulted period 5, hence the 5 backward activities.

I moved it to "0" to see what effect it would have from there and then the penny dropped. Changed it up to 8 with astonishingly good results.

Would you be kind enough to add lines on candles for me to the attached version - I just want to use it as a test-model. It can wait if you are too busy at present.

Best regards,

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
ValeoFX:
It's been a while since we had in-depth discussions on half periods. Mine was running at your defaulted period 5, hence the 5 backward activities.

I moved it to "0" to see what effect it would have from there and then the penny dropped. Changed it up to 8 with astonishingly good results.

Would you be kind enough to add lines on candles for me to the attached version - I just want to use it as a test-model. It can wait if you are too busy at present.

Best regards,

ValeoFX

Here is a version with lines added

PS: when different types of averages are compared, sometimes it is not clear which one is the "fast" average and which one is the "slow" and in that case the colors for up and down may seem illogical. In cases like that simply adjust the colors to your needs since there is not mathematical way to do that

Sylvester
Sylvester  
mladen:
Sylvester Here is a version with alerts and lines on zero line crossing added

Hello Mladen

Thanks a stack for this tool. Still in experimental phase now.

Regards

Sylvester

Sylvester
Sylvester  

Hi Mladen

I've come across a simple but interesting trading strategy (of course they all are in theory), from a guy named Vladimir Ribakov, which uses the standard MT4 Accumulation/Distribution indicator which I'm now experimenting with in demo on the H4 & D1. Surprisingly I find that this A/D indicator even repaints on these high tf's very slightly. Is this the very nature of this indicator to depict properly or would it be even more valuable as a nrp version. If your answer is the latter then could you please do me a favour and make it into a nrp.

Thanks & regards

Sylvester

Files:
Hercs
Hercs  
mladen:
ValeoFX

Here is a version with lines added

PS: when different types of averages are compared, sometimes it is not clear which one is the "fast" average and which one is the "slow" and in that case the colors for up and down may seem illogical. In cases like that simply adjust the colors to your needs since there is not mathematical way to do that

Good morning Mladen,

Thank you very much for both the indicator as well as the advise. Much appreciated as always.

Successful day to you.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
SAugustine:
Hi Mladen

I've come across a simple but interesting trading strategy (of course they all are in theory), from a guy named Vladimir Ribakov, which uses the standard MT4 Accumulation/Distribution indicator which I'm now experimenting with in demo on the H4 & D1. Surprisingly I find that this A/D indicator even repaints on these high tf's very slightly. Is this the very nature of this indicator to depict properly or would it be even more valuable as a nrp version. If your answer is the latter then could you please do me a favour and make it into a nrp.

Thanks & regards

Sylvester

Sylvester

Accumulation/Distribution should not repaint (the built in version does not) and there is nothing in its formula that could cause repainting (the formula of it is : Acc/Dist = ((Close – Low) – (High – Close)) / (High – Low) * Period's volume). I do not know which version is the one you posted and what is causing that repainting (since it is not a source code)

Sylvester
Sylvester  
mladen:
Sylvester Accumulation/Distribution should not repaint (the built in version does not) and there is nothing in its formula that could cause repainting (the formula of it is : Acc/Dist = ((Close – Low) – (High – Close)) / (High – Low) * Period's volume). I do not know which version is the one you posted and what is causing that repainting (since it is not a source code)

Hi Mladen

Thanks for the prompt reply. Attached is the indicator that I'm using on FXCM. When I say repaints what I'm actually referring to the "backwards wiggling effect" that shows on screen (surprisingly on H4 & D1 too) which to me looks like its incrementally subtly rearranging the shape of the A/D line. So I'm really unsure if this is true repainting or just the very nature of the beast.

Thanks & regards

Sylvester

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
SAugustine:
Hi Mladen

Thanks for the prompt reply. Attached is the indicator that I'm using on FXCM. When I say repaints what I'm actually referring to the "backwards wiggling effect" that shows on screen (surprisingly on H4 & D1 too) which to me looks like its incrementally subtly rearranging the shape of the A/D line. So I'm really unsure if this is true repainting or just the very nature of the beast.

Thanks & regards

Sylvester

Sylvester

It should not repaint

What might happen is that when indicator reaches a new highest high or lowest low on the screen segment you are observing, metatrader adjusts the whole display to fit in the new range and then it looks like it repainted even though it did not. Other than that I haven't found anything in the code that could cause reapinting

traderduke
traderduke  

mladen

Could you please add the "averages" function to your "Trend direction & force index - smoothed 3 & alerts" indicator like you did for the 'Flat Market-wArrows - averages" indicator?

Thanks

Ray