Elite indicators :) - page 435

Compliments

altoronto:
ValeoFX, I am using CCI 14, tolerance 10. I'll try with RSi TM smoothed nrp, thanks for tip.

==================

The only CCi-setting that has a definitive overheating level, is the CCi-5.

Just look at this chart on M5 on which I run the #DTosc. You will see that I changed the Dots-signals to "stars" and from what I am seeing, I must compliment you again on your insight.

Nice to see you back, BTW.

Files:
altoronto-m5.png  120 kb

ValeoFX:
==================

The only CCi-setting that has a definitive overheating level, is the CCi-5.

Just look at this chart on M5 on which I run the #DTosc. You will see that I changed the Dots-signals to "stars" and from what I am seeing, I must compliment you again on your insight.

Nice to see you back, BTW.

Looks good on M5. I am testing it on range/renko charts 8 pip charts.

Adding alerts to Balance of Market Power

I do not know if this is the right place for this request but could an alert with email option be added as well as a visual color change when the indicator changes direction/slope? Many thanks for everyone that contributes to this forum.

mladen:
In the March 2012 issue of TASC they are bringing back an idea of swami charts (indicators) again

As far as I know, we do not have any of the swami charts (indicators) s here is a swami stochastic. It is different than the John Ehlers though : we can choose which range of stochastic indicators we want to be calculated (by default, it ranges from 6 to 48) and if we want a "generic" stochastic generated or not (it is an average of all the stochastic values calculated for start to end stochastic and then it is averaged in order to give us a kind of a "generic" stochastic)

Here is an example without generic stochastic generated (upper), and with it (lower)

PS: in this indicator a reasonable BarsToDraw must be used. The main problem is in a fact that each and every value is drawn as an object and even for mild start and end values it tends to have a very big number of objects and that is something that metatrader does not like too much . Calculation itself is optimized but great number of objects can slow down terminal significantly, so I do not recommend big number of bars drawn (I think that the default is quite enough for normal usage - even like that it has more than 6000 objects drawn)

Mladen,

1-Could you modify the swami stoch in order for it to work with different MA options selectable by user?The indicator is very robust and responsive,and I believe that using either Hull MA or NonLag MA or T3 instead of SMA for the stochastics calculation we may keep the robustness while getting a couple of bars better entries.

2-I am sure you already thought about it, taking a few of the fine indicators of this section and adding the Swami concept may be a keeper...

Regards

S

Composite RSi

Gentlemen (and others ),

I thought it prudent to show you a use for this new "Composite RSi" by Mr.Genius himself. The chart shows the #DTosc in first sub-window followed by the Composite RSi-3/3 for direction and at the bottom the RSi-13/3 for TREND.

Comments would be appreciated, but the entries yesterday were brilliant.

Looking forward to hearing your comments.

Files:

I think it is a good idea, but swami stochastic needs some additional explanation ...

The stochastic used in it is not a built in stochastic. It is a kind of a 2 times EMA smoothed stochastic. Smoothing periods are fixed (first EMA 3 smoothing is applied to numerator and denominator of stochastic calculation and then the stochastic itself is smoothed by a 9 period EMA). So, it is rather far from the built in stochastic indicator

In order to implement different types of averaging I will need to solve a problem of processor usage first. That (along with big number of objects it creates) is the biggest problem. Swami indicator with default settings behaves like 42 separate indicators (42 different stochastics is calculated in order to show those values) With some different types of smoothing it would add significant CPU usage. If I find some acceptable solution I will most certainly post it here since I too think that the composite stochastic it is constructing is remarkably robust (was even surprised f that - Ehlers version does not have that composite value at all, and I was surprised that they overlooked the possible usage of it since it seemed as a logical idea).

SIMBA:
Mladen,

1-Could you modify the swami stoch in order for it to work with different MA options selectable by user?The indicator is very robust and responsive,and I believe that using either Hull MA or NonLag MA or T3 instead of SMA for the stochastics calculation we may keep the robustness while getting a couple of bars better entries.

2-I am sure you already thought about it, taking a few of the fine indicators of this section and adding the Swami concept may be a keeper...

Regards

S

T3 Bands - MTF Squeeze indi request

Hi mladen, you implemented a very interesting t3 bands and t3 deviation indi where I can't find the threat link anymore. Nevertheless It would be great if you could also implement a t3 MTF Squeeze indi based on the t3 bands indi. Thanks

Market Open - Sessions

I'm looking for an indicator that showshorizontal lines for the different market sessions openings (main chart). If it could also handle the daylight saving times that would be fine. I looked everywhere but couldn't find one that can show that. All I found and which comes closest is the one I post below - but it plots vertical lines.

Maybe one of the gifted coders could change the indicator so that it plots horizontal lines instead of vertical lines ?

Thanks in advance.

derfel

Files:

DTosc idea

Mladen,

Do you think it would be possible to give the #DTosc the same treatment as the "Composite RSi" in order to "speed it up"?

Rather intrigued by this new concept of yours.

Best regards.

derfel

try it with this one. Hour shift added. For automatic daylight savings indicator would have to be much, much more complicated (it would need to know time zone of the broker, broker daylight saving settings (not all countries in the same time zone apply same daylight savings), dates when those savings take place ... and so on). In this one you can shift all the sessions by HourShift value. Try it out. Maybe that will d

PS: there was an error in code which caused wrong calculation. It is crrected now

derfel:
I'm looking for an indicator that showshorizontal lines for the different market sessions openings (main chart). If it could also handle the daylight saving times that would be fine. I looked everywhere but couldn't find one that can show that. All I found and which comes closest is the one I post below - but it plots vertical lines.

Maybe one of the gifted coders could change the indicator so that it plots horizontal lines instead of vertical lines ?

Thanks in advance.

derfel
Files:
Reason: