Elite indicators :) - page 435

taipan99
taipan99  
mladen:
taipan99

This one is interesting one

There is all in all, 64 possible kind of alerts if I am correct (any currency can cross any currency and it has to know if it is up or down for any of the possible combination) I tested it and it seems to be working OK. Maybe you are just going to get too much alerts (since in the times of sudden price changes they all seem t cross each other )

regards

Mladen

Thank you for your advice and I will take note of it. Thanks a zillion and happy new year 2012.

bebeshel
bebeshel  

"rsx + ma + tma abands mtf+divergence"

Good night, Mladen

could you add mtf, and divergence in this indicator?

rsx__ma__tma_abands.mq4

Thanks.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

bebeshel

If I am not mistaken, there is already a version of rsx with divergences. In this one the only logical spot to which the divergence could be applied is rsx value, so as far as I see, a case of rsx divergences is already covered

regards

Mladen

bebeshel:
Good night, Mladen

could you add mtf, and divergence in this indicator?

rsx__ma__tma_abands.mq4

Thanks.
bebeshel
bebeshel  

I understand...

True, but no bands, TMA applied to the indicator ...

If you could put mtf, y divergence and would be very grateful.

rsx__ma__tma_abands.ex4rsx__ma__tma_abands.mq4

Thanks.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Here you go

Divergence and multi time frame added so now it has all you asked for

rsx__ma__tma_abands_amp_divergence.mq4

updated version posted here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

bebeshel
bebeshel  

Mladen

thanks, ----a lot

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Averages composite trend ...

This one uses averages to construct a kind of a multpile indicator composite trend signal.

I used the "composite trend" name for it since it is exactly what it does : it combines multiple sub-signals into one overall signal. The calculation itself is a macd (aa difference of 2 averages - if ema is used, then by definition that is a macd). So, all in all, this is a kind of a composite macd.

In this one what is possible to do is to use variable number of sub-calculations (up to 15 - I limited it simply for practical reasons) and it can use all the averages types that we already have in the averages collection. To change the number of sub-calculations, enter the periods that you wish to use in the "MaPeriods" parameter separated by ";". Also, what is added is the price pre-smoothing (filtering). It seems that some price pre smoothing with a fast type of average (zero lag ema, non lag ema, tema ...) is useful for this indicator since it smooths the whole indicator out and thus the slope of the indicator itself can become a kind f a signal) Here is an example of an instance without price pre smoothing (upper) and a price smoothed by 10 period non-lag MA (lower). As it is obvious, there is very little or no lag at all added, and some slope signals are eliminated as they should in order to avoid false decisions

averages_composite_trend.mq4

As a reminder, ma types that can be used are (but you can find their descriptions in indicator parameters too) :

0 SMA

1 EMA

2 Double smoothed EMA

3 Double EMA (DEMA)

4 Triple EMA (TEMA)

5 Leader EMA

6 Smoothed MA

7 Linear weighted MA

8 Parabolic weighted MA

9 Alexander MA

10 Volume weghted MA

11 Hull MA

12 Triangular MA

13 Sine weighted MA

14 Linear regression

15 IE/2

16 NonLag MA

17 Zero lag EMA

updated version here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

hazelj80
hazelj80  
mladen:
hazelj80

This is it. Added line at the middle of the previous bar. Time ofset is not apliable to this indicator since it works on strictly currentbar. Hence the line is drawn in the midpoint of the previous bar + LineExtend bars to the left

regards

Mladen

thank you for all your help!

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Directional momentum-volatility

This one is a result of fooling around with volatility and momentum.

What I was wandering what would I get if I try to make a kind of a directional momentum-volatility combination (mmentum is directional, but volatility is usually not). This is the result. Price smoothing is used to filter out too many signals when the momentum is ranging around 0 value (in which case we would get a lot of signals in the ranging period)

Calculation itself is very simple (to my surprise) but is seems that the result of that yet another very simple calculation is not bad and is usable in everyday trading. With very mild price pre-smoothing it seems to do quite well in filtering ranging signals. Values itself are not actually momentum but volatility over the desired period, but did not want to make the name of the indicator too complicated

momentum_-_directional.mq4

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Directional momentum 2 ...

And this version too ...

In this one instead of using a classical momentum calculation I used a velocity (it can be found on this thread) which is already a smoothed momentum without lag. So instead of having price pre-smoothing in order to filter out nasty momentum "habit" of crossing the 0 line a lot of times in times of low volatility, velocity is used and smoothing lag is avoided. It gives signal much faster because of that and I think that this way it is a bit more useful

As a comparison : upper is the previous indicator (the one using classical momentum calculation with price pre smoothing) and lower is this one (using velocity for calculations). What is even more interesting is that even with price pre-smoothing set to 1 (no smoothing) in previous, this one gives signals faster (try it out, you'll see what I mean )

momentum_-_directional_2.mq4

Also, since it has one parameter less, it is much easier to optimize the indicator for "what you see" on chart. Here is a 15 period typical price example with this indicator