Elite indicators :) - page 430

Inverse Fisher Transformation on RMI ?

mrtools:
Hi Paul, Thought we had one but couldn't find, so did this one.

Hi Mrtools, this is a great indi you implemented here. Could you also implement Inverse Fisher Transformation indis from the original RMI and from the TM smoothed RMI ? As you know there are already IFT versions of the RSI and RSX in this thread.

Inverse Fisher Transformation on Spearman Oscillator - Thanks !

mladen:

... Two additional parameters added. UseInverseFisherTransformdoes simply that : switches the inverse fisher transform on and of. Second, the TranformMultiplieris a bit more complicated to explain. Spearman rank correlation naturally falls into a -1 and -1 range. But in that range inverse fisher transform performs poorly (you can try it out : set the multiplier to 1 and you will see how inverse fisher transform performs on "natural" values of Spearman rank) . Hence we need some modifier to bring the values into a range where it will be favorable to us. That is the multiplier doing. I used a default value of 2.5 but you can test some other values - depends what are you exactly looking for : with higher multiplier values you can turn it to a kind of a "binary" indicator.

PS: spearman.dll from the zip file is required by the indicator in order to work properly

I am very impressed ! This should be now a very nice complementary confirmation indi vor e.g. an IFT RSX indi. Thank you and this highly professional forum ! I'll test it.

Boxter:
Hi Mrtools, this is a great indi you implemented here. Could you also implement Inverse Fisher Transformation indis from the original RMI and from the TM smoothed RMI ? As you know there are already IFT versions of the RSI and RSX in this thread.

Hi Boxter,

Need to wittle down some of the buffers am working on it though, just for information

Advance Decline Line (ADL) indicator request

Hello, I am wondering but I haven't found yet an Adavance Decline Line (ADL) indicator in this forum yet. It seems to be pretty valuable trend indicator.

See also Advance–decline line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and http://www.decisionpoint.com/tacourse/adabout.html.

Here is an AmiBroker chart sample showing an ADL based on Price and and ADL based on Volume indicator, both with an additional MA e.g. for entry signal crosses.

Further it is shown a potential divergence between ADL highs and Price highs indicating a soon trend reversal.

It would be great to have these ADL indis for MT4 as well.

Files:
adl_sample.jpg  76 kb

Self Advance Decline line ...

This is a "self" advance decline line ....

The "self" in this case is simply because it is counting number of advances and declines in the chart it is attached to instead of calculating a composite (made from multiple stocks) signal. Will make the version with multiple stocks choice too (not sure if we can have all the stocks needed for it in metatrader but we shall see) but posting this for now.

Formula used is exactly the one stated at wikipedia (with data used as explained above) :

AD line = (# of advancing stocks – # of declining stocks) + yesterday's A/D line value

As it is visible from the formula there can not be some "zero cross" signaling mode, but it seems to have some interesting results (slope) for different look back periods

PS: added a version which includes a "signal line" too (to make it similar to the posted picture). It seems that for shorter periods it is giving interesting signals

Boxter:
Hello, I am wondering but I haven't found yet an Adavance Decline Line (ADL) indicator in this forum yet. It seems to be pretty valuable trend indicator.

See also Advance–decline line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Decision Point �: About Advance-Decline Line.

Here is an AmiBroker chart sample showing an ADL based on Price and and ADL based on Volume indicator, both with an additional MA e.g. for entry signal crosses.

Further it is shown a potential divergence between ADL highs and Price highs indicating a soon trend reversal.

It would be great to have these ADL indis for MT4 as well.

mladen:
This is a "self" advance decline line ....

The "self" in this case is simply because it is counting number of advances and declines in the chart it is attached to instead of calculating a composite (made from multiple stocks) signal. Will make the version with multiple stocks choice too (not sure if we can have all the stocks needed for it in metatrader but we shall see) but posting this for now.

Formula used is exactly the one stated at wikipedia (with data used as explained above) :

AD line = (# of advancing stocks – # of declining stocks) + yesterday's A/D line value

As it is visible from the formula there can not be some "zero cross" signaling mode, but it seems to have some interesting results (slope) for different look back periods

PS: added a version which includes a "signal line" too (to make it similar to the posted picture). It seems that for shorter periods it is giving interesting signals

Mlden,

You could do a version that used all/main pairs(example:EURUSD) EURXXX Advances and declines vs all/main pairs USDXXX +GBPUSD(inverted)

S

As always..

mladen:
ValeoFX Here you go

==========================

Good morning Mladen,

As always deeply grateful for your kindness. Much appreciated.

Successful day to you.

=========================

Mladen, it works like a charm; many thanks again.

Another divergence request plse..

Mladen, unlike what looks like a very useful indicator above, my request is just for a divergence to be attached to this indicator, plse.

I know you are thinking on another plain at present, so I can wait.

Thanking you in advance.

Files:

Advance decline line for any list of symbols ...

This is the advance decline line that is using symbols from a list f symbols (specified by user) in order to calculate advance decline line.

Format of the symbols list is the following : "symbol,sign to use;symbol1,sign to use 1;" and so on. So, by every symbol there must be a sign t use with that symbol given as 1 for + and -1 for -. Indicator accommodates itself to the symbol sign too (if it recognizes the symbol it will invert the value of the indicator if necessary) Symbols can be any symbol (not limited to forex) and you can use any number of symbols in the list of symbols (no limit for that) So, more or less, if one has the stocks that are used in the original advance decline line calculation, this indicator can calculate it

Here is an example of advance decline line on EURUSD (upper picture) and the same on USDCHF (lower picture) where indicator autocratically inverted the chart (since the sign for USDCHF is -1)

Volume Flow Price Divergence indi

mladen:
mike

This is the volume flow indicator (VFI) itself (converted the tradestation code from traders tips).

volume_flow_indicator.mq4

regards

Mladen

Hi mladen, I like your Volume flow indi very much. Nevertheless it would be great to have an additional "Volume Flow Price Divergence" indicator.

An approach for a normalized Volume Flow Price Divergence indi could be:

- calculating the slope (in % values) of a linear regression line in the price chart (maybe one line)

- calculating the slope (in % values) of a linear regression line in the VFI indicator (maybe the other line)

- finally comparing the values either by drawing 2 separate lines or by calculating a divergence value (e.g. an EMA of the slope differences).

Formulas:

LRS(t) = LinReg( Close(t))(n) / LinReg( Close(t-n) )(n) //for price

LRSI(t) = LinReg( VFI(t) )(n) / LinReg( VFI(t-n) )(n) //for volume

DIV(t) = EMA( LRSI(t) – LRS(t) ) * 100

A challenge for you ?

Reason: