Vertical line

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I'm looking for an indicator that plots a vertical line only on the current bar of whatever timeframe the chart is set to. This indicator should show a vertical line from the chart to the indicators below and should overlay over the indicators where I can see the point the line intersects with the indicators. Can someone point me to where I could find this, thanks!

Is thjis what you are after?

vertical_line.mq4

Files:
vert.gif  33 kb

cja:

vertical_line.mq4

Thanks Cja, this is exactly what im looking for!

Cja,

This little vertical line is very helpful. Can you please modify it with a "shift" function? I need it to stand by N bars to its left, instead of standing at the current bar.

Also I probably need more than one vertical line on my chart, so I hope this indicator can be loaded more than once?

Thank you very much Cja.

vertical_line.mq4

cja:

vertical_line.mq4

Files:

wccmcd:
Cja,

This little vertical line is very helpful. Can you please modify it with a "shift" function? I need it to stand by N bars to its left, instead of standing at the current bar.

Also I probably need more than one vertical line on my chart, so I hope this indicator can be loaded more than once?

Thank you very much Cja.

vertical_line.mq4

wccmcd

Try out this version : you can have positive as well as negative shifts (into the future) with this version : vertical_line__shift.mq4

Files:

Oh my dearest Mladen... you are so kind...

It's just perfect except I can't load it twice on the same chart... I tried to load 2 lines with different shift value and different color, but the 2nd line won't listen to me.

Do you have time to improve it?

Thanks!!!

mladen:
wccmcd Try out this version : you can have positive as well as negative shifts (into the future) with this version : vertical_line__shift.mq4

wccmcd:
Oh my dearest Mladen... you are so kind...

It's just perfect except I can't load it twice on the same chart... I tried to load 2 lines with different shift value and different color, but the 2nd line won't listen to me.

Do you have time to improve it?

Thanks!!!

wccmcd

Here you go : vertical_line__shift_2.mq4

Set the UniqueID filed to unique value for each new instance and you can have as much instances on the same chart as you wish

Mladen,

I also found something strange: the line in the picture is set to shift 5 to the left. this is a M1 chart. when price bar moves, the line moves too... I then changed the timefram to M5 and changed back, the line then set to the right place... looks like a refresh problem... Could you check it as well?

mladen:
wccmcd Try out this version : you can have positive as well as negative shifts (into the future) with this version : vertical_line__shift.mq4
Files:
shift.png  13 kb

wccmcd:
Mladen,

I also found something strange: the line in the picture is set to shift 5 to the left. this is a M1 chart. when price bar moves, the line moves too... I then changed the timefram to M5 and changed back, the line then set to the right place... looks like a refresh problem... Could you check it as well?

Yes, you are right

Updated the one at the original post - no need to keep the faulty one there Download it from there and it will work OK now

YEAH~~~

mladen:
Yes, you are right Updated the one at the original post - no need to keep the faulty one there Download it from there and it will work OK now
Reason: