Volatility Quality Index - page 9

67-17454:
Raff1410 - I guess the question is, why am I getting Alert screens, but not get the visual/screen update of that alert?

False signals... When PRICE_CLOSE=PRICE_HIGH, or PRICE_CLOSE=PRICE_LOW...

Raff

67-17454:
Last night (8/2/06) I received Sell alerts for both the GBPUSD & EURUSD (actually 2 GBPUSD Sells in a row), but the visual display never showed down arrows or went to red. Both GBPUSD & EURUSD VQ graphs seem stuck at a maximum level, even though I think they should have drifted down as price action reversed.

I closed out MT4 and reopened it to see if I was in some kind of MT4 Twilight Zone, and it didn't make any differences.

It's like the indicator is stuck now.

If I get a Sell alert, and the Indicator is in a Sell mode, I shouldn't get a second Sell alert until I get a Buy alert, should I?

MarkC.

Would you be willing to attach your MACD that is in the picture you attached?

I really like the look of it.

raff1410:
False signals... When PRICE_CLOSE=PRICE_HIGH, or PRICE_CLOSE=PRICE_LOW...

I got another signal (Screen Alert) about half and hour ago and watched the indicator flicker between a green line and red with down arrow a few times before ending up back as a green line. So I guess the trick is to wait until the bar finishes forming andyou've gotten both a Screen Alert and a visible indicator change.

hidethereal:
Would you be willing to attach your MACD that is in the picture you attached?

I can give you the .ex4. The fellow I got it from didn't want to release the source code for it, but it's OK to distribute compiled.

Files:

Track false signals

New version of VQ indicator, post #1:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Raff

Some pictures...

Raff

Guys, this looks nice, good job. Has anybody tried it with a volatiility based stop, there are a few out there for e-signal etc, not sure if there is one in existance for MetaTrader. It seems to be that a volatility based trailing stop would be the most complimentary method for locking in some profit.

If anybody has the software, that would be good as a test !

Appreciate the addition of the price of the Alert!

Did I read post 1 correct, there won't be any updates/upgrades/changes to the indicator?

BTW, could anyone help me with iCustom and VQ.exe if I wanted to combine it with other indicators for an EA? I've never used iCustom. I would just want to know if it's in a BUY (Green) or SELL (Red) mode and combine this with other indicators for a 'Green Board' or 'Red Board'.

Files:
vq_ea2.gif  8 kb

Seems like visibility of this Indicator is slipping under the waves.

It was pretty instrumental in helping me bag 25 pips yesterday and 97 today.

Reason: