Nonlagging Tools - page 40

Guys,

Any average must return a simple price when calculation length is 1. So, if you want to make a difference, the length in the iMA() should be changed from 1 too.

PS: iMA() with period 1 is suitable for price retrieval because of the speed - compared to the mql code that does the same thing, it is at least 6-7 times faster (if I remember correctly when I measured it) to get a price using iMA() with period 1

anyone now, if we have :

"All Time Frame Absolute Strength " in the same windows , Weekly, Daily, H4;...etc.

Thanks.:)

MLaden,

You should make a thread with little gems like #400. I am using iClose, iHigh etc all over the place with 30 pairs. What a find!

BTW How are you performing your timings, using metatrader code or a dll probe?

Thanks,

Tzuman

Tzuman

In that case I was using a simple GetTickCount() to get the time it took to execute

The good thing with iMA() is that it simplifies those 7 possible price choices (if we write it in mql we have to have a switch, and that switch, even in the case when the price is the first one in the swotch, because of the P-code nature of the .ex4, was that 6-7 times slower than the iMA() usage) and keeps speed. It can be done even faster (custom dll that would do just prices retrieval) but that would complicate the usage of existing indicators, so I decided to use the "iMA() way" instead

Tzuman:
MLaden,

You should make a thread with little gems like #400. I am using iClose, iHigh etc all over the place with 30 pairs. What a find!

BTW How are you performing your timings, using metatrader code or a dll probe?

Thanks,

Tzuman

mladen:
Guys,

Any average must return a simple price when calculation length is 1. So, if you want to make a difference, the length in the iMA() should be changed from 1 too.

PS: iMA() with period 1 is suitable for price retrieval because of the speed - compared to the mql code that does the same thing, it is at least 6-7 times faster (if I remember correctly when I measured it) to get a price using iMA() with period 1

Seems interesting !

though don't understand fully b'coz zero knowledge in coding

sorry silly request, do we have a indicator based on this function iMA coded by you !

Please can someone add Mode into this indi

ive tried a few things, but must of missed something

thanks very much

Files:

Thanks Mladen

much appreciated

(i'll get the hang of it one day)

mladen:
Here you go There is no ColorBarBack (no need for it in a non repainting indicator) but the shift ("Displace") and percentage filter are added. Have a nice weekend

The indicator in the post above (coded by mladen...THANKS!!!) draws a MA...

Can someone please add an input option so that it can either (1) draw a MA or (2) paint the price bars???

Thanks in advance!!!

non lag is onlyVOLUME :)

but this indicator is quite nice !

thanks !

mrtools:
Kokopelli, did this version.

Yes, you did...and THANK YOU!!!

Reason: