Elite indicators :) - page 359

4tfErgodicCCI

Hi Mkaden,

Trust you had a great weekend.

The "4tfErgodicCCI" that you constructed, does not move or keep the labels behind the rows (attached pic). My "concern" is that it may therefore not give the correct signals although logic says that it is only the Labels that are not performing correctly. Any suggestions, plse?

Secondly, would the #DTosc indicator behave any better of you give its RSi the Tim Morris treatment?

Best regards.

ValoFX

Here is the corrected "4 time frame ergodic CCI". Labels are placed and moved correctly now (added an option to show them or not too).

As of DTOSC : will check it out.

Mladen

ValeoFX:
Hi Mkaden,

Trust you had a great weekend.

The "4tfErgodicCCI" that you constructed, does not move or keep the labels behind the rows (attached pic). My "concern" is that it may therefore not give the correct signals although logic says that it is only the Labels that are not performing correctly. Any suggestions, plse?

Secondly, would the #DTosc indicator behave any better of you give its RSi the Tim Morris treatment?

Best regards.

Many thanks Mladen

mladen:
ValoFX

Here is the corrected "4 time frame ergodic CCI". Labels are placed and moved correctly now (added an option to show them or not too).

As of DTOSC : will check it out.

Mladen

================

Many thanks Mladen.

I have never had much success with ErgodicCCI, but after I reread the methodology, decided to test it again. Interesting concept to me. Your opinion, plse?

Regards,

ValeoFX

As promised, here are 2 "flavors" of dtosc (Robert Miner Dynamic Trader oscillator or Stochastic Rsi indicator). One is applying Tim Morris smoothing to rsi and then it is using the smoothed rsi in calculation. The other is applying Tim Morris smoothing to to stochastic instead (rsi is used in its raw format). Was testing what would be the best way to use Tim Morris smoothing and in the end I am posting the 2 versions here

Here are the comparisons : upper is regular dtosc in both examples. In the upper example smoothing is applied to rsi. In the lower example smoothing is applied to stochastic.

Applying smoothing to rsi has its good points but in my opinion it is more useful to apply the Tim Morris smoothing to stochastic (especially if you take into account example like this - where noise for Tim Morris average is set to 100, lag added is very small and the smoothing achieved with it when compared to original is very interesting)

Many thanks Mladen

mladen:
ValeoFX

As promised, here are 2 "flavors" of dtosc (Robert Miner Dynamic Trader oscillator or Stochastic Rsi indicator). One is applying Tim Morris smoothing to rsi and then it is using the smoothed rsi in calculation. The other is applying Tim Morris smoothing to to stochastic instead (rsi is used in its raw format). Was testing what would be the best way to use Tim Morris smoothing and in the end I am posting the 2 versions here

Here are the comparisons : upper is regular dtosc in both examples. In the upper example smoothing is applied to rsi. In the lower example smoothing is applied to stochastic.

Applying smoothing to rsi has its good points but in my opinion it is more useful to apply the Tim Morris smoothing to stochastic (especially if you take into account example like this - where noise for Tim Morris average is set to 100, lag added is very small and the smoothing achieved with it when compared to original is very interesting)

====================

Good morning Mladen,

Thank you for these 2 indicators, which I will run from today for the rest of this week on a 24/7 basis before reporting back to you. Unless of course, that something crops up that needs your attention.

Much appreciate your time and expertise.

Sincerely,

mladen:

arrows please

Here they are Arrows on dtosc and signal line crossing

camisa:
arrows please

4 time frame ergodic CCI TREND SIGNAL

HELLO MLADEN,

can you please create a trend signal and alert when the 4 time frame ergodic show same color..

ergodic CCI will signal and alert for uptrend only when the first 4 bleu color match and vice versa for downtrend

thanks you and all the best

mktsagli

That is a consequence of using 4 time frames. When using 4 time frames only one way of aligning different time frames can be used and it is on current bar only. There are more reasons for it.

As an example : imagine 1 hour and 4 hour values and a 4 hour value changes - it will change back 4 1 hour bars length and will show change where it was not existing at that time (1 hour values were from 3, 2,1 hour ago and current value, and the 4 hour value is the current value). Also, a usual error when using multi time frames and using "previous bar" for trends is not usable at all (people are omitting that previous bar for one time frame might have no common point at all with a previous bar of some other time frame). An example : 1 day previous bar is a bar from yesterday and, for example, 1 minute previous bar is from today. They never show the same time point and in such multi time frame usage one might end up in looking into completely different time points in multi time frames (time points that never show the same time at all)

As this is a 4 time frame indicator I thought that it should alert on only valid signal (and only valid "trend" determination) that is available when multi time frames are concerned and that is exclusively the current bar, hence it was made so. All the other attempts would give false signals that never existed in reality since they were happening in different time

Mladen

mktsagli:
HELLO MLADEN,

can you please create a trend signal and alert when the 4 time frame ergodic show same color..

ergodic CCI will signal and alert for uptrend only when the first 4 bleu color match and vice versa for downtrend

thanks you and all the best

I was wondering if I could get an email alert on the inwmarrows indicator when an up or down arrow appears on a closed candle for buy or sell?

also i would like to have an email alert on the color macd indicator when the colors change from green to red.

thanks in advance!

Files:
Reason: