News Trader EA - page 117

Updated results for this week (high impacted news events only, NewsTrader_v5.3 EA, nfp settings) - in 4 digit pips.

EURUSD: 180.

GBPUSD: -17.

USDJPY: 0.

USDCHF: 0.

AUDUSD: 0.

USDCAD: 28.

NZDUSD: 0.

---------------

Most risky pair to trade the news is GBPUSD and most safe is USDCAD (for NewsTrader_v5.3 with nfp settings - see 1st post of this thread).

47 dollars in profit for interest rate for CAD:

The Bank of Canada's rate decision has significant influence on financial markets. Changes in rates have a direct impact on interest rates for consumer loans, mortgages, and bond rates. The BOC issues a statement with every rate announcement. Because the decision itself is usually highly anticipated, the wording of the BOC statement is usually as important if not even more important than the actual interest rate move made by the central bank.

Files:
cadrate_1907.jpg  120 kb

Updated results for this week (high impacted news events only, NewsTrader_v5.3 EA, nfp settings) - in 4 digit pips.

EURUSD: 22.

GBPUSD: 8.

USDCHF: -50.

USDCAD: 11.

---------------

Most risky pair to trade the news is GBPUSD and most safe is USDCAD (for NewsTrader_v5.3 with nfp settings - see 1st post of this thread).

ND I asked one time before, but do you have ANY IDEA why news 6.0 EA goes HAYWIRE for AUD and NZD releases sometimes?

It JUST went nuts on me again, it seems to happen on EVERY AUD or NZD release - places tons of pending orders and deletes them immediately! I have no idea why! Its driving me bananas, especially because EUR and CAD and JPY and GBP trades have been happening fine. I mean, why would it KEEP placing/deleting orders rapid-fire?

I have attached a screenshot showing this bizarro behavior!

PLEASE help!

Odysseus

Files:
news6mess.gif  93 kb

Hi odysseus11,

I replied ...

It may be happened because of 2 cases:

- wrong format of your txt file (your errore, some space ... and so on)

or

- bad connections between metatrader and the broker's server at GMT night for some pairs.

As to me so I am having this too (second case).

For 5.3 version. You can see - placing,deleting,placing,deleting:

But not to every AUD or NZD release ...

I think - it depends on the broker: Alpari broker is having very bad connections for those 2 pairs during GMT night. I did not try IBFX and FXCM but those 2 brokers may be better for those pairs.

Please find attached the statements for 1 year by pairs.

You can see from the statements that AUD and NZD did not trade often.

And most profitable pairs are GBPUSD and USDCAD (for 1 year).

Alpari broker is deleting the history on Account History if more than 1 year so I can not post the statements for 2 or 3 years. But if we look for 2 or 3 years forward testing/live trading so most profitable and less risky pair is USDCAD. And, I am sorry - we can see same issue with AUD and NZD (which I are having too).

So, most probably - it is because of bad connections of Metatrader with the broker's server at night for those 2 pairs.

Because if it happened with me for 5.3 and if you have it for 6 so - it may be nothing with wrong txt file format.

odysseus11:
ND I asked one time before, but do you have ANY IDEA why news 6.0 EA goes HAYWIRE for AUD and NZD releases sometimes?

It JUST went nuts on me again, it seems to happen on EVERY AUD or NZD release - places tons of pending orders and deletes them immediately! I have no idea why! Its driving me bananas, especially because EUR and CAD and JPY and GBP trades have been happening fine. I mean, why would it KEEP placing/deleting orders rapid-fire?

I have attached a screenshot showing this bizarro behavior!

PLEASE help!

Odysseus

Hi Odysseus,

Thanks for your pm somehow missed your post anyway looking in the code found that possibly the problem could have been 5 digit problem seems this Ea didn't have auto 5 digit, but weird thing i can't understand is why only those 2 pairs, anyway added the auto 5 digit code and please test and see if this helped any.

Files:

thanks to you both for looking into it - bill, i will try out your mod.

I had been just multiplying the pip counts by 10 anyplace pips were stated in the text files and settings, so I dont believe that would have caused the issue, tho and again it seems to just be those 2 pairs, which is why I am so insane over this.

ND, perhaps for news 5.3 AUD and NZD arent trading particularly often or profitably, but I can assure you that using v 6 I have had excellent opportunities on both pairs just in the past couple of months - the moves are far less whipsawed and the ranges easy to predict. Far easier than the commonly traded news pairs IMHO.

Anyway, I will try the v 6a and put it on a live account at a different broker or 2 and perhaps also try on a demo account, see if the behavior exists for all of them.

Again, thanks for the replies and feedback.

Odysseus

It was good profit today on GDP for USD and CAD:

Files:
gdp_usdchf.jpg  71 kb
gdp_eurusd.jpg  73 kb
gdp_usdcad.jpg  73 kb

EURUSD: 46.

GBPUSD: 59.

USDCHF: 105.

USDCAD: 127.

---------------

EURUSD: 96.

GBPUSD: -95.

USDJPY: -26.

USDCHF: -41.

AUDUSD: 18.

USDCAD: 37.

---------------

Reason: