Elite indicators :) - page 305

Can someone take a look at this code and tell me how this Open Pips display is used. What it diplays exactly and how it interpret the info it's giving? In other words, how do I use it?

Open pips indicator shows the pip movement of a pair since it opened at 12:00am GMT. I figured it out!!

Thanks anyways guys

NewTrader, I wanted to know if I could get you to look at this EA I had a friend make for me that uses digital filters to make it's trades. I know you mainly deal with digital filters so I wanted to see if it would be ok to get your take on it. I have sent PM's but since I couldn't recieve your last PM Im not sure if your able to recieve mine.

Files:

hazelj80:
can an email/ sound/ popup alerts be made for this indicator? pretty rare one i found around here but seems to be good in conjunction with multiple time frame confirmations and other tools. thanks!

Mladen,

This SEFC084 indicator that Hazel has posted looks interesting. I also attach a MTF version that I found. It looks like one that is a bit too good to be true - could you take a look at the code please and see if it is a repainter? If it is, is it one that making it NRP would make it useless?

I would appreciate your opinion.

Best regards.

Paul.

Files:

Paul, Hazel

SEFC is Solar wind in "disguise"

Here is a comparison of same (12) period Solar wind and SEFC. So, even though I wish I could tell something better for weekend, but my only advise is to forget the "sefc" indicator

regards

Mladen

Files:
sefc.gif  31 kb

SEFC is Solar wind in "disguise"

It seems everytime I see the word SEFC I need to prepare myself to be sorely disappointed.

Mladen,

I have tried it with that configuration but I still have more than 1 trade per hour occasionally.

I would like to have the following: Let's say a buy order was opened at 15:05 and closed by take profit or another close rule at 15:20. Then the next buy order should not be opened earlier than at 16:00 (when a new bar appears) even if a buy condition is met before. Other closes than by take profit I want at the end of a bar.

mladen:
Greg

Take a look at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173219/page172

Inside you have all the logic for managing 1 buy and 1 sell order (or if you wish some other number of orders) I think that for a starting one it can be useful since it is simple and I hope easy to understand how and what it does. Try it out and if you need some more explanation or help, please let me know

regards

Mladen

ismael360:
NewTrader, I wanted to know if I could get you to look at this EA I had a friend make for me that uses digital filters to make it's trades. I know you mainly deal with digital filters so I wanted to see if it would be ok to get your take on it. I have sent PM's but since I couldn't recieve your last PM Im not sure if your able to recieve mine.

Hi Ismael.

Sorry for late reply. Been too busy.

Sent you out an email and pm also.

Regards.

Greg

Here is a function that checks if there was an order opened at a current bar.
int countOpenedOnACurrentBar()

{

int openedAtBar = 0;

datetime startTime = Time[0];

datetime endTime = Time[0]+Period()*60;

for(int i=0; i < OrdersTotal(); i++)

{

if(OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES) == false) break;

if(OrderMagicNumber() != MagicNumber) continue;

if(OrderSymbol() != Symbol()) continue;

if(OrderOpenTime()=endTime) continue;

openedAtBar++;

break;

}

return(openedAtBar);

}

[/php]
The purpose of it is to count all the orders opened at a current bar (so it depends on the time frame at which the EA is attached to) Then somewhere in the code, you would need to add something like this :
if (countOpenedOnACurrentBar()==0) then it can trade[/php]
If you want to check a certain time frame (for example if a 1 hour time frame) you would need to modify the countOpenedOnACurrentBar() to something like this :
[php]int countOpenedOnACurrentBar(int timeFrame)

{

int openedAtBar = 0;

datetime startTime = iTime(NULL,timeFrame,iBarShift(NULL,timeFrame,Time[0]));

datetime endTime = startTime+timeFrame*60;

for(int i=0; i < OrdersTotal(); i++)

{

if(OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES) == false) break;

if(OrderMagicNumber() != MagicNumber) continue;

if(OrderSymbol() != Symbol()) continue;

if(OrderOpenTime()=endTime) continue;

openedAtBar++;

break;

}

return(openedAtBar);

}

So, the time frame is added and if you call the function like this
[php]if (countOpenedOnACurrentBar(PERIOD_H1)==0) then it can trade
The upper example will check if an order was opened on a last 1 hour bar (that would allow you to trade only 1 order per 1 hour bar) You must take care that if you attach the EA to, for example, 4 hour bar, it will check only if the order was opened at the first hour of the 4 hour bar so you might end up n a problem if time frame is not checked (in that case add something like timeFrame = MathMax(timeFrame,Period()) which will avoid that trap)

If you want to have a specific interval between the orders, the simplest way is to to loop through all orders in order find the last order (simply the biggest open time of orders) and then add 3600 to that time : if TimeCurrent() < than that time you can not trade. The problem with that approach is that it can be time consuming in cases when there is a lot of orders in history (you must loop through all the orders since metatrader explicitly states that accessing orders by position does not guarantee that those orders are ordered by time)

kalusao:
Mladen,

I have tried it with that configuration but I still have more than 1 trade per hour occasionally.

I would like to have the following: Let's say a buy order was opened at 15:05 and closed by take profit or another close rule at 15:20. Then the next buy order should not be opened earlier than at 16:00 (when a new bar appears) even if a buy condition is met before. Other closes than by take profit I want at the end of a bar.

Hi Mr Mladen,

could you please add an MTF parameter to this one if it doesn't exist already.

Thanks

Files:

Flytox

Try out this one

It is an EA (not an indicator) but this one shows time even when ticks are not coming in (unlike the indicators which works only when ticks come in and if you do not get ticks, you do not get a clock update) You can set up the additional time frame too (in the AlertCandleTF - in which case it is showing time left on the current time frame as well as the "other" time frame - like on the picture, in the lower right corner is the 4 hour time frame and near the daily data candle it is the current time frame)
PS: there is one more like this on this thread, but this one is change not to require alerts turned on in order to show "other" time frame bar too

regards

Mladen

Flytox:
Hi Mr Mladen,

could you please add an MTF parameter to this one if it doesn't exist already.

Thanks
Files:
eclock.mq4  8 kb
eclock.gif  20 kb
Reason: