Elite indicators :) - page 312

Hi Mladen

Mtf And Alerts

Thanks

Files:
revision.mq4  36 kb

i was wondering if someone could code an email alert into this indicator for when it steps from flat to upward on the current open candle for a buy signal or steps from flat to down on the current open candle for a sell signal. the color changes don't mean much to me.

Files:

CrustallumKvs

It repaints (up to revisionbars) so alerts would not have any meaning. The repainting also makes the mtf rather obsolete (for the same reason as the alarms would not work on a repainting indicator) It is actually a sort of combination of fractals (which redraws) and zigzag (which also redraws) only this one allows both up and down signal at the same time (and those can be redrawn too)

regards

Mladen

CrustallumKvs:
Hi Mladen

Mtf And Alerts

Thanks

mladen:
bulliz, altoronto

I was convinced that I posted it

Anyway, here it is : it draws the dot if at least ComparePeriodprevious ranges (absolute value of close-open) are smaller than the current range (so the CoparePeriod determines how many bars back you want to check) With default Risingparameter set to false, it is not checking if all the ranges in the sequence are rising (so current range > previous range > previous range > ...) but it is checking if current range > n of the previous ranges. If you set the Rising parameter to true, then it will check the rising sequence too, but it seems that those sequences when the ranges are rising are rather rare (for bar count 5 it happens only here and there) - anyway made that option and checking too as an experiment to see what will be the result
PS: hope that the explanation is understandable

regards

Mladen

Hi mladen,

your work is perfect!

Many thanks

Regards

bulliz

Hello mrtools, Mladen!

Please help me create a divergence for this indicator. Thanks.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

(Someone please guide me how to attach files. Thanks. )

Le Tri:
Hello mrtools, Mladen!

Please help me create a divergence for this indicator. Thanks.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

(Someone please guide me how to attach files. Thanks. )

Hi Le Tri,

Tried making divergence on your indicator but my attempt not right, so will try to help you with attaching files, after making your post or actually whenever, you just scroll down to additional options and click on Manage Attachments, then from there upload it from your computer, then upload to forum, thats it pretty much.

Many thanks! Mrtools

bigdogus4:
Mladen,

i have searched and cannot find a indi, that

1) will insert a line at the open and close or the hi and low of a bar on a specific timeframe (owners choosing) ( not a line all the way across, but just 4 or 5 bars across

2) at a specific time period (GMT)

3) that will alert when PA gets close or crossing either open or close or hi or low line ( which ever is chosen)

4) and will redraw at the same time in a 24hr period

5) the same lines will stay on chart even if you change to higher or lower time frames

I am working a a specific break out system, i would apprciate your assistance and feedback

Mladen,

please see attached drawing and indicator, this is what i am talking about in needing , this does somewhat of what I am needing but I would like it more specific as per 1 thru 5 above, I am not a coder but I am trying to mearn this , any assistance would be greatly apprciated.

Does anyone know if there is a decent version of trendlord worth using, or is it just another version of solar wind?

ismael

It depends which version of "trendlord" indicator you are using what are you getting. There are 2 versions that I know of : one is a simple ema(20) slope and the other is a variation on a hull moving average theme, where, if you use the divisor of 1, it is in fact lwma(square root of a period) of a lwma(period) (if you use divisor 2 it is a classical hull moving average)

Even though the second idea is somewhat interesting, both are having coding errors that came from an assumption that histogram should treat previous point the same as some attempts that were made to make non repainting multi color line indicators, while that is not truth at all (histogram goes straight forward in order not to repaint, there is no "trick" or something extra that is needed to be done in histogram).

Anyway, as I said, since it is somewhat interesting idea, here is that variation on a hull moving average theme made non repainting (use divisor 1 (which is default in this version) to replicate "trendlord" indicator, or use divisor 2 to have a classical hull moving average slopes) Here is a comparison with the "trendlord" indicator and already you can see where "trendlord" repainted(it also adds one extra red bar at the beginning of each "red block" for the same coding error reason)
regards

Mladen

ismael360:
Does anyone know if there is a decent version of trendlord worth using, or is it just another version of solar wind?
Reason: