Can an EA Detect Account is Cent or Standard Account ?

Hi all, can an EA Detect Account is Cent or Standard Account ?

Thanks 

Interesting question. I think it's not possible, but not sure.

Why do you need to know?

Shunmas:

Hi all, can an EA Detect Account is Cent or Standard Account ?

Thanks 

There isn't any real difference between Cent or Standard accounts, it is only a difference in the variables and their values on the following page :

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/environment_state/marketinfoconstants

Hope this answers your question. 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties - Documentation on MQL5

angevoyageur:

Interesting question. I think it's not possible, but not sure.

Why do you need to know?

Was just curious to know if an EA can detect 4 or 5 digit broker, why it can't detect the type of account. Thanks for your kind reply by the way. :)

Shunmas:
Was just curious to know if an EA can detect 4 or 5 digit broker, why it can't detect the type of account. Thanks for your kind reply by the way. :)
Ok, it's useful to know if you have a 4 or 5 digits broker. But what may be useful to know the type of account (cent or standard) ? I do not see.

angevoyageur:
Ok, it's useful to know if you have a 4 or 5 digits broker. But what may be useful to know the type of account (cent or standard) ? I do not see.
If you have a standard account, and want to use 0.01 lot, it would work fine, but it wouldn't open trade on a cent account, and it must be 0.1.

Shunmas:
If you have a standard account, and want to use 0.01 lot, it would work fine, but it wouldn't open trade on a cent account, and it must be 0.1.

This isn't not related to standard/cent account as far as I know, it's minimum lot.

See SYMBOL_VOLUME_MIN.

Reason: