Elite indicators :) - page 311

Macdcci

Mladen,

Please find attached the MTF MACDCCI, which you coded for me, and is still one of my favourite indicators.

Please could you code it so that the signals work off your zerolag MACD rather than the normal one, together with the CCI (dont think there is a zerolag CCI to go with it!).

Many thanks,

Paul.

stav01:
Mladen,

Please find attached the MTF MACDCCI, which you coded for me, and is still one of my favourite indicators.

Please could you code it so that the signals work off your zerolag MACD rather than the normal one, together with the CCI (dont think there is a zerolag CCI to go with it!).

Many thanks,

Paul.

===================

Paul, would you mind telling me what is so "special" about this indicator? I have been trading CCi for a very long time and when people combine it with MACD of all things, I wonder about the efficacy of such strategy. Would you mind showing me a picture of your chart with entries marked and also stating which settings you are using?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Answer

ValeoFX:
===================

Paul, would you mind telling me what is so "special" about this indicator? I have been trading CCi for a very long time and when people combine it with MACD of all things, I wonder about the efficacy of such strategy. Would you mind showing me a picture of your chart with entries marked and also stating which settings you are using?

Thanking you in anticipation.

In the past I have always used it with CCI setting 14 and normal MACD settings, on at least 3 timeframes. Used in this way, and with observance of support and resisitance, it is a pretty good way of picking up parts of trends within trends. However, lately I am trying to trade pivot line rejections in the direction of the main trend, with some success. However, my faithful MACDCCI is a bit slow in confirming the reversals, so I am looking to speed it up a bit; hence my request to Mladen.

I hope this explains my strategy. I guess one man's special indicator is another's junk - it all depends what you can work with and I have always liked this indicator. There is always that eternal trade off between speed and false signals; but you are an experienced trader and I think you know that.

Thank you

Thank you very much for the indicator, and your wise words Mladen.

I would add just one thing - I still hope to win the lottery, though. It would free up a lot of time.

sidus v3

thanks to Mrtools and ValeoFX for your quick answers. I will work on that.

devinci

can somebody put email alerts on this indicator for the different colors that it changes?

Files:

4 hr bar open close

Mladen,

i have searched and cannot find a indi, that

1) will insert a line at the open and close or the hi and low of a bar on a specific timeframe (owners choosing) ( not a line all the way across, but just 4 or 5 bars across

2) at a specific time period (GMT)

3) that will alert when PA gets close or crossing either open or close or hi or low line ( which ever is chosen)

4) and will redraw at the same time in a 24hr period

5) the same lines will stay on chart even if you change to higher or lower time frames

I am working a a specific break out system, i would apprciate your assistance and feedback

stav01:
In the past I have always used it with CCI setting 14 and normal MACD settings, on at least 3 timeframes. Used in this way, and with observance of support and resisitance, it is a pretty good way of picking up parts of trends within trends. However, lately I am trying to trade pivot line rejections in the direction of the main trend, with some success. However, my faithful MACDCCI is a bit slow in confirming the reversals, so I am looking to speed it up a bit; hence my request to Mladen. I hope this explains my strategy. I guess one man's special indicator is another's junk - it all depends what you can work with and I have always liked this indicator. There is always that eternal trade off between speed and false signals; but you are an experienced trader and I think you know that.

==============

Thank you for the reply. Appreciate your time.

bulliz:
Hi mladen,

could you please code an indicator that plots a dot in the middle of the candle that has the range (open-close) greater than each "n"...candles range(open-close) before, where "n" is a variable between 1 and 10.

For example fixed n=5, if the current candle body range is greather than each of the previous 5 candles body range,a dot or something like that appears in the middle of the current candle.

As usual many thanks mladen for your great work!

Regards

bulliz

Hi Mladen, any luck with this request?

Thank you in advance.

bulliz, altoronto

I was convinced that I posted it

Anyway, here it is : it draws the dot if at least ComparePeriodprevious ranges (absolute value of close-open) are smaller than the current range (so the CoparePeriod determines how many bars back you want to check) With default Risingparameter set to false, it is not checking if all the ranges in the sequence are rising (so current range > previous range > previous range > ...) but it is checking if current range > n of the previous ranges. If you set the Rising parameter to true, then it will check the rising sequence too, but it seems that those sequences when the ranges are rising are rather rare (for bar count 5 it happens only here and there) - anyway made that option and checking too as an experiment to see what will be the result
PS: hope that the explanation is understandable

regards

Mladen

altoronto:
Hi Mladen, any luck with this request? Thank you in advance.
Files:
Reason: