Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 140

checkin:
They are promising new beta (yes beta) for today. I don't understand how it became beta again?

They are starting to realize that it was never anything but a beta

They need years to make it a normal release version

It would now appear that we have more than 8 Buffers. I put this quickly together just to try more buffers it is not intended as a trading tool

MT4 build 625

ma_multi_nmc.mq4

Files:
buffers.gif  51 kb

cja:
It would now appear that we have more than 8 Buffers. I put this quickly together just to try more buffers it is not intended as a trading tool

MT4 build 625

ma_multi_nmc.mq4

Finally !!!

cja:

MT4 build 625

ma_multi_nmc.mq4

Finally one good news about it. Thank you cja

mladen:
One thing from the new metatrader 4 help file : According to almost all topics of the new metatrader 4 help file, maximum number of drawing buffers is still 8. Some thins are still working as the limit is 8 (number of colors that can be set in the indicator properties is still only 8, and it seems that some functions are still limited to 8 drawing buffers)

It sounded too good to be true. They are half way then?

One thing from the new metatrader 4 help file :

SetIndexLabel

Sets drawing line description for showing in the DataWindow and in the tooltip.

[TABLE] void SetIndexLabel(

int index, // line index

string text // text

); [/TABLE]

Parameters

index

Line index. Must lie between 0 and 7.

text

Label text. NULL means that index value is not shown in the DataWindow.

Returned value

None.

According to almost all topics of the new metatrader 4 help file, maximum number of drawing buffers is still 8. Some things are still working as the limit is 8 (number of colors that can be set in the indicator properties is still only 8, and it seems that some functions are still limited to 8 drawing buffers)

If I understand correctly, metatrader 5 site is going to be canceled (merged with metatrader 4) site/forum

It will be interesting to see all that mixed up like a soup

checkin:
They are promising new beta (yes beta) for today. I don't understand how it became beta again?

Yep, the terminal updated to build 633 on a Metaquotes-Demo, but MQL4 site is silent about it. So... beta or not beta, that is the question.

Ovo:
Yep, the terminal updated to build 633 on a Metaquotes-Demo, but MQL4 site is silent about it. So... beta or not beta, that is the question.

Just be careful guys : it updated my live account too even though my broker does not have an intention to use build 633 yet. Always keep a backup, and after every such "update" delete all from the webinstall folder (or it will "update" every metatrader you start - even those that should not be updated at all)

PS: now all the 64 possible colors can be set from the indicators options - will have to check the rest of the stuff

Reason: