Elite indicators :) - page 134

ValeoFX,

The break of the levels would be when :
the value falls bellow 75 and/or rises above 25, or

when it falls bellow 25 and/or rises above 75?

___________________________ PS: never mind the question. Here is a version that does the both. All you have to do is to set levels for up and down arrows. They can not be equal (in that case it will not draw anything)
As of mtf : since I know the way you interpret the mtf, just color changes when Schaff trend cycle values raise or fall (in mtf too)

BB Macd

Hi Mladen,

I really like your stable BBMacd. I was wondering if you think that there would be any advantage in basing it on Zero Lag Macd.

Also, is there any chance of making a stable, correctly-updating MTF version of the indicator?

Regards,

Paul.

mladen:
ValeoFX, The break of the levels would be when :
the value falls bellow 75 and/or rises above 25, or

when it falls bellow 25 and/or rises above 75?

___________________________ PS: never mind the question. Here is a version that does the both. All you have to do is to set levels for up and down arrows. They can not be equal (in that case it will not draw anything)
As of mtf : since I know the way you interpret the mtf, just color changes when Schaff trend cycle values raise or fall (in mtf too)

==================================================

Good morning Mladen,

Thanking you most sincerely. Deeply indebted to you. You are a blessing to us all.

The idea for this one was taken directly from Jurik product guide : the part about de-noising classical indicator. In their example they are using smoothed price instead of raw price for stochastic. The other part of the idea from that guide and for that particular indicator, is what I liked the most : the signal line itself in the original idea is not calculated from the current stochastic but from a classical stochastic. So, it is a "hybrid" indicator in a way : stochastic is calculated one way and the signal line is calculated the other way Interesting even as an insight of how some people are thinking and as a guide that we should not impose artificial bound to us when trying to find out something new

To my surprise, it has not been made for metatrader (not even in the Jurik package for metatrader floating around - probably the problem of too many buffers used for it was a burden to build it - in some cases it uses additional 50 buffers to calculate values) So, here it is.

As I told, it is a Stochastic that uses jurik smoothed price instead of raw price. In this case, be careful with the price smoothing since it adds lag in this indicator (the nature of stochastic calculation makes it lag when the price is pre-smoothed) so the price smoothing should not be with too long periods (I used a period of 6 as recommended by the product guide, but I decided to use phase 0 as the default parameter) All the rest of the parameters are as recommended (even though I prefer longer periods for this (as on picture)
So be careful with the smoothing and with right parameters it might help to filter out false signals

PS: setting the DPeriodMode to 4 makes this indicator calculate the signal line by using Jurik smooth too (so it deviates in that case from the original idea (default is a simple moving average used for signal line)

PPS: on 22.04.2010 found an error in the code that caused a slight value deformation in this indicator. Please download the corrected indicator. I left the original with error in it (for those that are curious to find out what the error was - in one place one "+s" is added )

mladen:
While doing some code corrections, made this one too

It is a variation of the Gunn hi low activator (or SSL channel as I named it in one moment, only it uses smoothed prices)

Compared to the SSL channel seems to be giving much less false signals (or signals when the prices are ranging - it is less sensitive to ranging, and it seems to be quite good in finding trends) The upper is the SSL channel that was used as a model for the new indicator and the lower is the new one.

Looks rather interesting, doesn't it :):)

Mo$t definitely!!

While doing some code corrections, made this one too

It is a variation of the Gann hi low activator (or SSL channel as I named it in one moment, only it uses smoothed prices)

Compared to the SSL channel seems to be giving much less false signals (or signals when the prices are ranging - it is less sensitive to ranging, and it seems to be quite good in finding trends) The upper is the SSL channel that was used as a model for the new indicator and the lower is the new one.

Looks rather interesting, doesn't it :):)

works perfectly !!

Thank You again Mladen - works perfectly.

pipmagnet:
Hello Mladen

Attached is a currency strength indicator that I would like to use on my IBFX and Forex.com MT4 platforms. It displays properly on FXDD and FXpro but it wont display at all on the other two.

I like this indy because unlike others it shows strongest pair on top in descending order.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Be Well,

Louis

Hello again Mladen,

A couple of weeks ago I asked for a fractal indy that would take the fractal of a higher time frame and show its position on a lower time frame chart.

The link you sent me to had an indicator that did that but I now realize that was not what I was looking for.

Let me better explain. I need a multi time frame fractal based indy that will paint an arrow on a lower time frame chart based on the actual candle that confirms a complete fractal signal.

Standard fractal paints (forms) at the OPEN of the THIRD candle in the swing. I want an indy to paint a permanent arrow at the exact open of that third candle from the higher TF chart on a lower TF chart.

In the attached pic the indy would show (with an arrow) the open of the 1 hr- # 3 candle on a1 - 5 - 15 - or 30 min chart.

I think you get the idea.

As always - Many thanks in advance

Louis

Files:
fractals.mq4  6 kb
fractal.gif  51 kb

Paul,

Here is a 'simple" zero lag BB macd for now (will make the mtf versions of the BB macd a bit later) Compared to regular macd version as usually zero lag MACD is faster so it might be useful change, but did not check it thoroughly
regards

mladen

stav01:
Hi Mladen,

I really like your stable BBMacd. I was wondering if you think that there would be any advantage in basing it on Zero Lag Macd.

Also, is there any chance of making a stable, correctly-updating MTF version of the indicator?

Regards,

Paul.

Thank you

Many thanks Mladen.

An observation on the zero lag version compared to the original is that the dots rarely come outside of the bands. Is there any reason for that?

Regards,

Paul.

Reason: