Elite indicators :) - page 137

heikobaer:
Great indicator antisyzugy. Could someone add signals/alerts according the maximum/minimum rules for improved backtesting?

Here's the alert!

Files:

Ok. Now, apparently my way of differentiation is the correct way to do things since we are basically calculating the derivative at endpoints. It has error but what indicator doesnt with the price action being so choppy? We are only interested in the crossings and value of the second derivative, and we dont really need their exact values. We only need their magnitudes relative to eachother to be intact, which I believe they are. I am looking into methods to calculate the derivative at lower timeframes and then use it at higher timeframes. I want to do this in order to smooth out the derivative rather than have such a jagged graph.

Dear mladen and all those interested,

I was looking for a good ADX indicator that would show me trend strength nicely and found ADX_Filters_sBars fits the profile.

However, when comparing to Wider's DMI book, which uses the original calcs, I do see some discrepancies in its behaviour.

Can someone check and if possible replace the DMI cals in the sBars indicator so that it uses the "correct" Wilders DMI...? That would be fantastic.

Or if someone has any other ideas, please let me know.

What I particularly appreciate about the sBars version is that it shows visually if trend (strength) is:

- increasing (ADX rising = green dots)

- slowing down (ADX dropping = purple area)

- or choppy (yellow dots - no trading).

San,

Here you go It needs the "Wilder's DMI book" from your post in order to work

Damn, you just don't stop to amaze me every time.

Thanks alot!

I've put them both on same chart using exact same settings.

Difference is clearly visible. Amazing. And surprised difference is that big.

Files:
snag-0030.png  25 kb

Snowski:
ValeoFX,

Nice setup...working with something similar here with good success. I have not tried the non-lag version, will give that a go...but the 'regular' BBMACD is performing well for me, esp. in combination with STC.

Can you share the indicator showing in your main chart (purple hi-lo lines with support1 and support2, or are those separate indies)...?

Cheers,

San.

===========================================

San, with pleasure. I received it from Xard who asked me to test it and I am sure he would not mind me sharing it with you.

Attached.

Differental

mrtools:
Here's the alert!

Thanks mrtools

Could you also add signals, including historical?

This makes it easier to backtest.

Cheers,

Heiko

Thanks ValeoFX, most appreciated.

Thank You!!!

mladen:
San,

Unfortunately that is (the ADX) an old story. Linuxser even contacted people from metatrader and what they gave him as an response was an indicator that again was not the same as the original Wilder's DMI. Hence the differences : built in ADX is not actually an ADX but a "metatrader ADX"

homestudy,

The High/low channel with mttf and alerts.

regards mladen

Thank you Mladen. This is great!

homestudy:
Thank you Mladen. This is great!

I'm with you Homestudy looking at this chart have D1 lines and H1 arrows of Hi Lo first saw this thought i was halucinating but the daily lines are clearly pointing down, will be interesting to see what happens the rest of the week plus next week!!!

Files:
j_hi_lo.gif  52 kb
Reason: