Elite indicators :) - page 133

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

From May 2010 issue if TASC, Sylvain Vervoort's article "Smoothing The Bollinger %b" indicator

Some more information can be found here : TRADERS’ TIPS - May 2010 and here http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_Docs/2010/05/Vervoort.html
Files:
drhouse7
drhouse7  

Laguerre + - DOC SW

Hi everyone,

same soup another sw version...

cross of 2 laguerre (plus and minus di)

Explanation:

Blue bar : when 2 laguerre cross and green line (laguerre plus di) is above 50 level and red line (laguerre minus di) is below 50 level

Navy bar : when 2 laguerre cross and the green line or the red line are not in the correct position compared to the 50 level

Best regards

Doc

pipmagnet
pipmagnet  

Indy help

Hello Mladen

Attached is a currency strength indicator that I would like to use on my IBFX and Forex.com MT4 platforms. It displays properly on FXDD and FXpro but it wont display at all on the other two.

I like thids indy because unlike others it shows strongest pair on top in descending order.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Be Well,

Louis

pipmagnet
pipmagnet  

Fractal Indy

Hello again Mladen,

A couple of weeks ago I asked for a fractal indy that would take the fractal of a higher time frame and show its position on a lower time frame chart.

The indicator you sent did that but I now realize that that was not what I was looking for.

Let me better explain. I need a multi time frame fractal based indy that will paint an arrow on a lower time frame chart based on the actual candle that confirms a complete fractal signal.

Standard fractal paints (forms) at the OPEN of the THIRD candle in the swing. I want indy to paint a permanent arrow at the exact open of that third candle from the higher TF chart on a lower TF chart.

In the attached pic the indy would show (with an arrow) the open of the # 3 candle on that 1hr chart on a1 - 5 - 15 - or 30 min chart.

I think you get the idea.

As always - Many thanks in advance

Louis

Files:
fractal.gif 51 kb
san4x
san4x  

Hi mladen & gang,

I have an indicator I wish to use in an EA.

When looking at values in data window, it seems the indicator does not always calculate the values for all variables. See attached screenshots to better explain what I am trying to say here:

- On magenta dot, indicator shows no value for bbMacd.

- On lime dot, indicator shows no value for Upperband.

Can you have a look and see if this indicator can be made suitable for EA use in current condition.

My objective: I wish to use the "dots" and calculate distance from upper/lower band, if distance is greater than x, give signal, etc.

Many thanks in advance!

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Snowski,

Try this one out first (this one 100% sure calculates and draws all the values:)) It is not a corrected one but a different one

If you want to use it from EA, make sure to set the DrawDots parameter to true (to avoid one extra point and one extra buffer comparison if you want a "trend" comparison too) Also, this one always has a value in the 3rd buffer (macd values) So, for the purpose you want it, it is enough to compare values from the 3rd buffer to the values in the 1st and/or 2nd buffer regardless of DrawDots settings

Files:
bb_macd.gif 20 kb
san4x
san4x  

Thanks mladen, code looks a lot simpler...

But I won't be able to use it in an EA....unfortunately. The channels and dots keep moving slightly with every tick...even up to 20 bars back.

Is there a way to have the dots and lines "fixed" once drawn? So no 'repainting'..?

Cheers, San.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

San,

It is not repainting. It is, in the end, a simple case of Bollinger bands applied to MACD signal line. Nothing unusual nor anything too demanding that would cause some coding error. Not even the colored line repaints.

The moving of the channels (visual) happens when the new highs or the new lows are made and then metatrader repositions every previous value to draw it. As far as the values are concerned, it can not repaint since it is working on same input values and thus the values are the same, Please, re-download the indicator and check it again

PS: in the one you posted the error when calculation deviations comes from this line :

sDev = iStdDevOnArray(bbMacd, 0, Length, MODE_EMA, 0, i); [/php]From the help it is clear that the MODE_EMA is in the wrong place :

[php]double iStdDevOnArray(double array[],int total, int ma_period, int ma_shift, int ma_method, int shift)

So the MODE_EMA is placed where the parameter for ma_shift should be

regards

mladen

san4x
san4x  

Agree, mladen, "repaint" is not the correct phrasing for this situation. Hence the single 'quotes'.

The main concern I had: Does the distance from "dot: to "bb line" remain the same on past bars. Will check myself as well, but you perhaps know the answer straight away...

If this does not change, then it could be used in EA.

Cheers, and thanks again,

San.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

San,

Don't worry : it does not change. The distance (difference between bands and MACD line) of the first closed bar and the older bars does not change. I guarantee it in this case

regards

mladen