Elite indicators :) - page 140

MikhaelPankov
MikhaelPankov  

Great !

Good day, Mladen !

It's really great !!! Thanks a lot. Green pips !!!

drhouse7
drhouse7  

About this : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

this is the first time i read something like this wrote from you Mladen :)

i think you was really angry ...anyway was a good reply

Best regards

Doc

san4x
san4x  

Hi all,

Need some help from my TSD friends here.

I am writing an EA that calls the FX_FISH_2MA indicator (see attached).

I called the variables in iCustom() correctly, had the EA print out the values each new bar, however, they do NOT correspond to the values shown on the chart (Data Window).

mladen or otheres, can you do a quick check to see if this indie is "fit" to be used in an EA..? And: how can I check myself going forward?

Example of how I called the variables in the EA:

index 2: line

double line1 =iCustom(Symbol(),0,"FX_FISH_2MA",Mode_Fast,period,price,Signals,MA1period,TypeMA1,MA2period,TypeMA2,2,1); // line[1]

If nothing can be done, does anyone know of (perhaps a better) alternative to this indicator?

Thanks alot in advance!

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

San,

First of all, you called the indicator correctly and it retrieves the value of the first closed bar (the last number in the call (1) means that you are asking for the first closed bar) If you want the current bar, then use 0 instead (maybe the difference comes from that) So if you are after the values of the indicator itself, then you are doing the correct thing.

So much about the good news. The bad news is that it is a "solar wind" variation. So, my advice is to forget about it

regards

mladen

san4x
san4x  

Dear mladen,

Thanks...! I did think I called it right...was going nuts over it. I indeed wanted it to check data of the previous bar (so with index=1).

Since it's a Solar Wind variant, I will forget about it, thanks for the advice.

I liked it because it shows nice (early) signals on the chart. But if it's unreliable/repainting, I won't use it.

Any good alternatives out there that you know of...I am back to testing indies again....

drhouse7
drhouse7  
Snowski:
Dear mladen,

Thanks...! I did think I called it right...was going nuts over it. I indeed wanted it to check data of the previous bar (so with index=1).

Since it's a Solar Wind variant, I will forget about it, thanks for the advice.

I liked it because it shows nice (early) signals on the chart. But if it's unreliable/repainting, I won't use it.

Any good alternatives out there that you know of...I am back to testing indies again....

Snowski,

here there are all other similar indies (it's a Mladen thread) to solar wind (no repainting), maybe this could help you https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179650

Best regards

Doc

san4x
san4x  

Haha, nice thread Doc...clearly steer away from all Solar Wind variants.

Good to have them in one thread...for checking.

Cheers, San.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

profitrader,

I think this should be it
regards

mladen

profitrader21:
Hi Mladen, Can you please transform this excellent indicator on a weekly basis? The time shift does not matter obviously on the weekly. Thank you very much.
Alex
Alex  

Hi Mladen,

Thanks a lot for your work. This is exactly what I was looking for. Can you please add more history to this indicator, currently it shows only 20 days, it should go around 150? You are a real treasure to this forum.

Files:
wojek
wojek  
mladen:
One of these ?
regards mladen

Yes, Sir!!! Thanks a lot, that's great!!