Elite indicators :) - page 127

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Doc,

It is what RSX does ____________________________________

But your post reminded me of (at least) 2 more things :

1. Why should we use RSX instead of RSI
RSX solves one of the big problems of RSI fairly well : the "jumping like crazy goat" problem that RSI has - especially around the 50 line when the "strengths" are deciding at which side it will go) RSX makes a much smoother representations of the same thing, and that automatically means less false signals. Here is a comparison : dim gray - RSI, blue - RSX

It partially (and I repeat partially) solves the "flattening" problem RSI has (and for which every serious study is telling that RSI with periods over 9 is rather useless): when RSI is calculated for long periods values are tending to be around 50, and thus any "signaling" mode that looks for values different than 50 are falling apart. RSX enhances the values a bit (not much, but enough to be a bit more meaningful) Compare the RSi and RSX with periods set to 30

2. The why I am at a "clean the indicators war path" :
if we can make every indicator a bit better than the overall effect can be dramatic. 1% better performance of an indicator can mean much more than 1% in the ending result

PS: attached a shortest RSX I know of so far (not because I made it, but... ) I did not see the code of the original RSX, but knowing the way they coded CFB, I guess that this one is shorter than the original too

regards

mladen

dr.house7:
The RSX version is amazing

Thanks Mladen

Best regards

Doc
Files:
biddick
biddick  

Mladen ,

Three different RSX and three different view The top one is yours , second one is coded by unknown author, third one is Igorad version.

Some times I really like the middle one , beacuse it doesnt jump up and down in the strong trend phase and I dont know the coding reason https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980/page20 ?

Is there any reason you have not included phase ratio in your RSX calculation?

Files:
rsx.png 20 kb
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

biddick,

The middle one is a 14 period JMA smoothed RSI (not sure which version of JMA is that, by the looks of it it seems to be the startlight version) The reason for 'cutting of" some peaks is exactly the smoothing that is applied to RSI - it will always cut the of in times of very fast changes. I do not know igorads version of RSX, but will try it out (but from the name of it, I think it is not RSX either)

As of phase : there is no phase in the RSX calculation. "Phase" is characteristic to JMA only. As I explained in one of the previous posts, RSX is not a RSI of a smoother price nor is it a smoothing of an RSI, but rather a smoother RSI (RSX is a completely different way of calculation).

regards

mladen

biddick:
Mladen ,

Three different RSX and three different view The top one is yours , second one is coded by unknown author, third one is Igorad version.

Some times I really like the middle one , beacuse it doesnt jump up and down in the strong trend phase and I dont know the coding reason https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980/page20 ?

Is there any reason you have not included phase ratio in your RSX calculation?
drhouse7
drhouse7  

Rsx

Dear Mladen,

i'm trying to use rsx new, it's really different with the normal rsi...it's awesome!

In the picture i used a Kalenzo's indy (attached) to have an ema...

Best regards

Doc

Files:
rsx.gif 18 kb
patona
patona  

SSRC-nrp

Dear Mladen,

in the appendix of this post, you will find the SSRC indicator. This indicator is a part in one of my trading strategy. My problem is, after restart he shows a little bit corrected results (The MA corrected two or three candles in the past and so he looks like faster). I`am not shure, if this is a safe indicator for me. Please, can you take a look inside. I`ve seen in the past you have build non-repainting indicators, but also I know, it is not possible to do this with every indicator. Maybe here it`s possible.

Thanks for your effort.

Patona

Files:
ssrc.mq4 8 kb
Hercs
Hercs  

ScaffTrendCycle

Hi Mladen,

I just received an article from another trader in which Prof. Brian Twomey published his results with the STC. You may already have seen the article, but I attach it here for your perusal and comments please.

It was published in the April 2010 edition of Stocks & Commodities.

What I find very interesting, is the cycle that he recommends not to mention the 2nd setting.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sorry, but the files do not want to upload. I have tried everything. Will try later again.

san4x
san4x  
ValeoFX:
Hi Mladen,

I just received an article from another trader in which Prof. Brian Twomey published his results with the STC. You may already have seen the article, but I attach it here for your perusal and comments please.

It was published in the April 2010 edition of Stocks & Commodities.

What I find very interesting, is the cycle that he recommends not to mention the 2nd setting.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sorry, but the files do not want to upload. I have tried everything. Will try later again.

Would be very interested in reading.

Can you perhaps upload it somewhere else (depositfiles.com, mediafire.com)...?

Cheers, Snow

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

patona,

It looks like a Spearman rank correlation and centered triangular ma combination. Will take a closer look (since Bookkeeper and rosh are "having their fingers" in it, it is worth of closer examination ) and will get back with results

ValeoFX,

I did not read the article. I agree woth Snowski that it would be an interesting reading (the more information we get, the more we can learn)

regards

mladen

Hercs
Hercs  

Loading file..

The file downloads completely, but the last action for it to be displayed, fails.

I will try another method guys as I am as "anxious" to have Mladen review the article as you Snow.

Best wishes.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

ValeoFX

Upload it to rapidshare (here : RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting ) and then post a link to that upload. Just use some cryptic name for the upload. Then, we shall somehow transfer it here for the rest of the members. OK?

regards

mladen

ValeoFX:
The file downloads completely, but the last action for it to be displayed, fails.

I will try another method guys as I am as "anxious" to have Mladen review the article as you Snow.

Best wishes.