Adaptive rsi

Hi, does anyone have an adaptive rsi that is like the attached color rsi. I need it to show arrows at the over-bought and over-sold levels as well as being able to change the price. Basically a clone of the original color rsi, just adaptive. If anyone could share this indicator or doesn't mind coding it that'd be great I'll attach both indicators in my post for reference, thanks!

Jaquanburton:
Hi, does anyone have an adaptive rsi that is like the attached color rsi. I need it to show arrows at the over-bought and over-sold levels as well as being able to change the price. Basically a clone of the original color rsi, just adaptive. If anyone could share this indicator or doesn't mind coding it that'd be great I'll attach both indicators in my post for reference, thanks!

Jaquanburton

That indicator suffers from a "name confusion". The author inverted the name of what actually it is. It is actually an RSI adaptive moving average. It is a good one, but can not be used as an RSI. See how it should look when applied to the main chart (which is it's true nature) and should be use as adaptive average not as an RSI

PS: this is the one displayed on chart rsi_adaptive_ma.mq4 . Only one word has been changed : #property indicator_separate_window to #property indicator_chart_window

Files:
arsi.gif  77 kb

mladen:
Jaquanburton

That indicator suffers from a "name confusion". The author inverted the name of what actually it is. It is actually an RSI adaptive moving average. It is a good one, but can not be used as an RSI. See how it should look when applied to the main chart (which is it's true nature) and should be use as adaptive average not as an RSI

PS: this is the one displayed on chart rsi_adaptive_ma.mq4 . Only one word has been changed : #property indicator_separate_window to #property indicator_chart_window

Ok! Thank you mladen

This is adaptable rsi (real rsi)

adaptable_rsi.mq4

tampa:
This is adaptable rsi (real rsi) adaptable_rsi.mq4

Since that indicator uses buffers in a strange way (that can cause display problems in some cases), here is a version that does it differently and is made user friendly : adaptable_rsi_2.mq4

Files:

mladen:
Since that indicator uses buffers in a strange way (that can cause display problems in some cases), here is a version that does it differently and is made user friendly : adaptable_rsi_2.mq4

Thanks for the upgrade

While we are at it: can it be made smoother?

tampa:
Thanks for the upgrade While we are at it: can it be made smoother?

tampa

will see what can be done (and to avoid the unnecessary lag)

Here is a version with smoothed values (posting ex4 file - this time I want to keep the smoothing method for me) : adaptable_rsi__smoothing_2.ex4

PS: to turn the smoothing off, set the smooth parameter to <= 1 (on the example picture the lower is set so, the upper is using default parameters)

mladen:
Here is a version with smoothed values (posting ex4 file - this time I want to keep the smoothing method for me) : adaptable_rsi__smoothing_2.ex4

PS: to turn the smoothing off, set the smooth parameter to <= 1 (on the example picture the lower is set so, the upper is using default parameters)

Ok

Thanks

Hello Mladen,

Could you please add color on slope change and a extra parameter in the input screen for the line width ?

Thanks.

Wulong

Files:

Wulong10:
Hello Mladen,

Could you please add color on slope change and a extra parameter in the input screen for the line width ?

Thanks.

Wulong

Wulong

Here you go : adaptable_rsi__smoothing_3.ex4

Reason: