Elite indicators :) - page 437

Wilder's dmi alert and EA request

Hello gentleman. I thank you for your efforts in this forum as it has helped me immensely. I would like ask for an alert with arrows when the DMI line crosses up over the ADX line. This is usually seen with a trend that has a high likelihood of continuatuion. If you all would be so kind to make it into an EA as well that would be wonderful. The exit for the system is for a percentage upon the DMI crossing back under the ADX and then the remainder when the ADX turns back down. Alerts could also accompany the exit signals of course. I have not seen any indicators or EAs that do this exactly anywhere. Thanks for your efforts in this regard.

Files:

Please add alerts to STC Histo

Enclosed I have a Schaff Trend cycle indicator in histogram form. I have 2 wishes:

1) Please add msg alert when colors change from red to green and green to red eg: STC "BUY"EURUSD at 1.2850 or STC "SELL" EURUSD at 1.2836

2)There is a solid silver line that follows the histo...could it change along with the colored bars?

I have both the live version & the histo version. Presently I overlay one on top of the other; would like it combined if possible

Many thanks in advance stc_color-hiso.mq4

Heiken ashi smoothed with averages used in (the 18types of averages). Since price smoothing and result smoothing types can be different, combining the 18 types of averages gives us a very large number of possible Heiken ashi types this indicator "covers"

Averages types that can be used in it :
0 = SMA

1 = EMA

2 = Double smoothed EMA

3 = Double EMA (DEMA)

4 = Triple EMA (TEMA)

5 = Leader EMA

6 = Smoothed MA

7 = Linear weighted MA

8 = Parabolic weighted MA

9 = Alexander MA

10 = Volume weighted MA

11 = Hull MA

12 = Triangular MA

13 = Sine weighted MA

14 = Linear regression

15 = IE/2

16 = Non Lag MA

17 = Zero lag EMA

Explanation plse..

mladen:
Heiken ashi smoothed with averages used in (the 18types of averages). Since price smoothing and result smoothing types can be different, combining the 18 types of averages gives us a very large number of possible Heiken ashi types this indicator "covers" Averages types that can be used in it :
0 = SMA

1 = EMA

2 = Double smoothed EMA

3 = Double EMA (DEMA)

4 = Triple EMA (TEMA)

5 = Leader EMA

6 = Smoothed MA

7 = Linear weighted MA

8 = Parabolic weighted MA

9 = Alexander MA

10 = Volume weighted MA

11 = Hull MA

12 = Triangular MA

13 = Sine weighted MA

14 = Linear regression

15 = IE/2

16 = Non Lag MA

17 = Zero lag EMA

============

Hi Mladen,

Looks impressive to say the least, but I need some explanation plse.

What is meant by the #1 line PriceSmoothing? and can I set that to any of the values stipulated?

#2 Line is PriceSmoothingMethod = is this the only one reserved for all the different methods?

#3. ResultSmoothing is a new concept to me in its entirety. Can I also use any of the 17 methods?

#4. ResultSmoothingMethod as for #2?

Would appreciate an explanation.

Thanking you in advance.

ValeoFX

Heiken ashi of averages is a variation of the "smoothed" heiken ashi, not the regular one. Hence the 2 steps that lead to smoothed heiken ashi calculation can both have their own smoothing (setting any smoothing to 1 means there is no smoothing) as well as its own smoothing method (any of the available ones - they do not have to and are not by default the same)

Price smoothing is the 1st step : consider it a kind of price filtering. Instead of using "raw" price, smoothed (filtered) price is used in calculations instead. After completing the HA calculation additional smoothing is/can be done. That is the result smoothing and result method : smoothing the calculated heiken ashi a bit more

Hope this clarifies all

regards

Mladen

ValeoFX:
============

Hi Mladen,

Looks impressive to say the least, but I need some explanation plse.

What is meant by the #1 line PriceSmoothing? and can I set that to any of the values stipulated?

#2 Line is PriceSmoothingMethod = is this the only one reserved for all the different methods?

#3. ResultSmoothing is a new concept to me in its entirety. Can I also use any of the 17 methods?

#4. ResultSmoothingMethod as for #2?

Would appreciate an explanation.

Thanking you in advance.

Much appreciated

mladen:
ValeoFX

Heiken ashi of averages is a variation of the "smoothed" heiken ashi, not the regular one. Hence the 2 steps that lead to smoothed heiken ashi calculation can both have their own smoothing (setting any smoothing to 1 means there is no smoothing) as well as its own smoothing method (any of the available ones - they do not have to and are not by default the same)

Price smoothing is the 1st step : consider it a kind of price filtering. Instead of using "raw" price, smoothed (filtered) price is used in calculations instead. After completing the HA calculation additional smoothing is/can be done. That is the result smoothing and result method : smoothing the calculated heiken ashi a bit more

Hope this clarifies all

regards

Mladen

==================

Much appreciated, Mladen.

Thank you.

ADX smoothed alerts and color change

Dear Mladen,

I thank you much for the Wilder's DMI with alerts indicator that you posted. If you could do the same for

this different smoothed MT4 style version of ADX I would greatly appreciate it. In addition, if the ADX line could change color when it goes up or down, it would make visual interpretation much easier. Many thanks for your brilliant work and gifted skills.

Here you go Same kind of alerts and same settings as in Wilder's DMI

eric gellasch:
Dear Mladen,

I thank you much for the Wilder's DMI with alerts indicator that you posted. If you could do the same for

this different smoothed MT4 style version of ADX I would greatly appreciate it. In addition, if the ADX line could change color when it goes up or down, it would make visual interpretation much easier. Many thanks for your brilliant work and gifted skills.

Reminder plse Mladen

ValeoFX:
Hi Mladen,

I have not had time to evaluate your "Stochastic Volatility" indicator, as much as I like both concepts and so today I was looking at it. I show you a picture here for reference.

What surprises me is that it does not show the Dots in the TOP section in o/bought? Is there an improved version perhaps or is it meant to be like this? I can hardly believe me asking this question.

Thanks very much for your reply.

===================================

Good morning Mladen,

Please would you mind looking at my request seeing that the market is so quiet this morning? Thanking you in advance.

Best regards,

ValeoFX

Stochastic volatility indicator is not a "directional" indicator. There is no overbought and oversold region in it : there are lower than usual and higher than usual volatility Dots are shown in cases when volatility is very small and where a raise in volatility is expected (due to "lack of volatility"). At least that was the idea of the creator of, it and his idea was that the time of low volatility is good time for entry but using some other indicator (directional indicator) as the one that would "tell" the direction of the entry.

regards

Mladen

ValeoFX:
===================================

Good morning Mladen,

Please would you mind looking at my request seeing that the market is so quiet this morning? Thanking you in advance.

Best regards,
Reason: