Pls do change code for 2 files: +MACD(8,17,9).mq4 and +Osma(12,26,9).mq4

Thank you.

Files:

MACD & OsMA

The PIPe PIPer:
How to change color for top and bottom just like this example: ColorOsma.ex4

Pls do change code for 2 files: +MACD(8,17,9).mq4 and +Osma(12,26,9).mq4

Thank you.

Here are 2 indicators i have in my folder, they might do the trick for you.

macd_2_colour_histogram.mq4

osma_color_1s.mq4

Thanks cja.

I suppose your "MACD Adjustable.mq4" found in https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174311

is 1 step above the"MACD 2 Colour HISTOGRAM.mq4"

in that it can disable lines.

Atatched is picture of standard MACD, MACD 2 Colour HISTOGRAM and MACD Adjustable (from top to bottom)

All settings are 8,17,9.

Is it because of the 2 lines enabled, the histogram is much smaller than the standard MACD? easier to spot divergences if same size.

Files:
misc_macd.gif  9 kb

MACD Histogram

The PIPe PIPer:
Thanks cja.

I suppose your "MACD Adjustable.mq4" found in https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174311

is 1 step above the"MACD 2 Colour HISTOGRAM.mq4"

in that it can disable lines.

Atatched is picture of standard MACD, MACD 2 Colour HISTOGRAM and MACD Adjustable (from top to bottom)

All settings are 8,17,9.

Is it because of the 2 lines enabled, the histogram is much smaller than the standard MACD? easier to spot divergences if same size.

So many people fall into this trap, look at the standard MACD at the top the histogram in that MACD is the 2nd line in the other MACD's, the standard MACD does not have a Histogram set up like the other 2 it is merely a line and Histo representation of the 2 lines in the other MACD's. The top Blue MACD Histo the middle MACD Blue line and the bottom MACD Green line are all the same level, if you changed the top MACD Histo to LINE it would look like the 2 lines in the lower 2 MACD's, i hope this helps clarify things

cja,

I understand now.

Can u modify the standard MACD to have 4 colors instead of 1 (histogram colors), just like the 'OsMA Color 1S' ?

Likewise , do apply the above for both 'MACD Adjustable' and 'MACD to Color Histogram'.

Thank u , gifted one.

Reason: