Elite indicators :) - page 274

Thank you..

mladen:
In the end I am going to hate SSA

ValeoFX,

I told repeatedly that "regular" SSA recalculates (or to use the popular word "repaints") and that I do not recommend the "signaling mode" usage of it to anyone since it will change its past Lag bars. So, in "signaling mode" it is going to show you one value now and a couple of bars later it is going to change the whole thing (it is fitting itself to changes) and that way it is going to make any signal worthless.

I will repeat once more what I always say : please people do no use "regular" SSA in signaling mode but please, please use it as an aid in decision.

The end-point version I posted does not recalculate but also it can not be made to show same values as "regular" SSA. That is the "cost" of making it causal (not depending on future values). "Regular" SSA had to have those values before it recalculated the rest and that was the idea if already signals and alerts were made for it : to signal and alert what is not going to be changed (and it will be, as it is clearly seen from the comparison of the end-point and "regular" SSA, and thus makes the "signals" just a simple guesswork)

regards

Mladen

=====================

I also do NOT use SSA as a signal for entries as you made it very clear right at the outset, but what I am looking for is when it reaches the max/min levels. This indicator is brilliant and I must compliment you again for developing it.

I just don't see the value of the new one as I am only interested in "exhaustion" of the original. I do not see how this new one will show me the max/min on the original and THAT is really my only concern from the outset.

I guess in the end I will have to make do without this new version and I apologise for having taken you back to SSA which remains a brilliant pice of work nevertheless.

Thanks for the speedy reply. Much appreciated.

ValeoFX

It will reach maximum levels after the fact

Please, observe it as it builds the "maximums" and "minimums" backwards. And by all means, "maximums" and "minimums" are "signals". There is no way (and I state it safe and sound) to find maximums and minimums in a form of peaks without repainting

regards

Mladen

ValeoFX:
=====================

I also do NOT use SSA as a signal for entries as you made it very clear right at the outset, but what I am looking for is when it reaches the max/min levels. This indicator is brilliant and I must compliment you again for developing it.

I just don't see the value of the new one as I am only interested in "exhaustion" of the original. I do not see how this new one will show me the max/min on the original and THAT is really my only concern from the outset.

I guess in the end I will have to make do without this new version and I apologise for having taken you back to SSA which remains a brilliant pice of work nevertheless.

Thanks for the speedy reply. Much appreciated.

mladen:
ValeoFX

It will reach maximum levels after the fact

Please, observe it as it builds the "maximums" and "minimums" backwards. And by all means, "maximums" and "minimums" are "signals". There is no way (and I state it safe and sound) to find maximums and minimums in a form of peaks without repainting

regards

Mladen

=====================

Thanks Mladen. I trade it every day on my M5-chart and know this indicator well enough now to be comfortable with it. Your point is taken.

Best regards.

Hello All

Not sure if this is the place, but can Mladen make a non repainting Trend Magic, please?

Preferably in bar format (separate window)

Attached is the indi.

Thank you

Files:

Hi Yuhu,

Mladen actually made this fix for me quite some time ago. I asked for the exact same thing.

Here is his post: (Trend Magic got renamed to SuperTrend nrp)

Cheers

Codex

mladen:
In the end I am going to hate SSA

A little toy to play with

It is a Sigmoidal (Softmax) normalized jurik filter (so made an oscillator) If you set the NormalizeHyperbolicparameter to true, range will be from -1 to 1, otherwise the range will be from 0 to 1 (at a first glance you may even miss that lower bound change).

Change to indi...

mladen:
newtrader100

Here is the "first step".

What this indicators does :
it finds out the trends from a desired time frames (assignable through TimeFrames parameter), multiplies each time frame trend with its weight (assignable though TimeFramesWeightsparameter) and adds them up to get an "over all" trend. Here is an example of 9 time frames NonLagMA trend :
What it (still) does not do :
It does not alert. The problem is that in one moment more than 1 time frames trend can change and then it can change way back the overall trend (just imagine : one month trend changes and changes "trend score" back 1 month (since all have to be changed). Will try to solve this (to be able to uniquely identify when an alert should be triggered, but so far no idea how to solve this "back changing" issue when alerts are concerned) i can alert when alertsLevelis reached, but then you can get alerts on every new bar and not just the first time the desire level is reached

Try it in run time and you will see what am I talking about. But I think that even like this it can be a useful indicator

PS: indicator requires to be attached to at least the smallest time frame chosen from time frames parameter (that is the only way how "historical trends" can be calculated accurately)

PPS: added a version that alerts once per direction (so if it reaches up, it will alert and until down is not reached it will not alert up any more and vice versa)

regards

mladen

=======================

Good morning Mladen,

Please would you be kind enough to change this attached indicator so that I can preselect each TF? As you know it now only gives you one option for all TFs.

Thanks in advance.

Much appreciated.

ValeoFX

It does allow any time frame as long as the time frame is longer than or equal to the current chart time frame. Here is an example (with details of time frames used - each time frame is separated by ";" in the list and, as it is seen, it is irrelevant in which order time frames are entered)

If any of the time frames used i smaller than the active chart a comment is written in the upper left corner indicating which is the shortest time frame you should use it on

regards

Mladen

ValeoFX:
=======================

Good morning Mladen,

Please would you be kind enough to change this attached indicator so that I can preselect each TF? As you know it now only gives you one option for all TFs.

Thanks in advance.

Much appreciated.
Files:

mladen:
ValeoFX It does allow any time frame as long as the time frame is longer than or equal to the current chart time frame. Here is an example (with details of time frames used - each time frame is separated by ";" in the list and, as it is seen, it is irrelevant in which order time frames are entered)

If any of the time frames used i smaller than the active chart a comment is written in the upper left corner indicating which is the shortest time frame you should use it on

regards

Mladen

================

Thanks for the explanation, but I am aware of it already.

What is want is to have say the following values asigned to each TF:

M1 = 15 / M5 = 34 / M15 = 8 / M30 =8 etc.

By using the 1;1;1;1; ratio I than get a correct (?) picture of each setting on the respective TFs. Right?

Thanks very much for helping.

Reason: