Elite indicators :) - page 271

What does SmoothPhase on the CCI indicator do?

Hello

Firstly there is an error in section number 28 of this post. It says "To turn of the smoothing, set the SmoothPhase to less than or equal to 1." but it should be the SmoothLength not SmoothPhase and the "of" should be an off. Minor errors, no big deal.

My real question is what does the SmoothPhase of this CCI indicator do? Looking at this code taken from the incicator:

double R = MathMax(MathMin(phase,100),-100)/100.0 + 1.5;

It seems like the working range of SmoothPhase values is from -100 to +100. Whatever it does, it seems to have little impact on the result compared to adjusting the SmoothLength.

Cheers

Rod

PS: Thank all of you who inspired and worked on the Fourier transform indicator. Lot's of fun to be had playing with a leading indicator instead of all the lagging ones.

Rod

Your remark is correct ; in explanation it really should state "SmoothLength" and not "SmoothPhase" but as far as I see it is saying "SmoothLength" at the post where the indicator is posted so ...

As of phase description - best place to read of it is here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179011 (even though the iSmooth() function is not the same any more as the jurik filter - significant changes done in the whole thing, and the result differ especially for longer periods) or you can read about it here : JMA (just to quote the significant part :

JMA not only allows you to select "smoothness", but you can also fine tune with its PHASE setting. PHASE lets you customize a trade-off between lag and overshoot, giving you greater control over JMA's behavior.
As of phase changing impact on CCI : in general you will notice significant changes in value when changing phase only for larger smoothing lengths. Short smoothing lengths simply do not give room enough for significant changes (here is an example of phase 100 (red) and phase -100 (blue) for SmoothLength 50 (upper picture) and the same but for smooth length 5 (which is default in the CCI indicator you are referring to))

regards

Mladen

madcedar:
Hello

Firstly there is an error in section number 28 of this post. It says "To turn of the smoothing, set the SmoothPhase to less than or equal to 1." but it should be the SmoothLength not SmoothPhase and the "of" should be an off. Minor errors, no big deal.

My real question is what does the SmoothPhase of this CCI indicator do? Looking at this code taken from the incicator:

double R = MathMax(MathMin(phase,100),-100)/100.0 + 1.5;

It seems like the working range of SmoothPhase values is from -100 to +100. Whatever it does, it seems to have little impact on the result compared to adjusting the SmoothLength.

Cheers

Rod

PS: Thank all of you who inspired and worked on the Fourier transform indicator. Lot's of fun to be had playing with a leading indicator instead of all the lagging ones.
Files:
jurik.gif  31 kb
jurik_5.gif  31 kb

Guess you can call these a sort of market sentiment indicators, i found !

Files:

Mladen

Thank you for your succinct explanation and for the links for further reading.

Kind Regards

Rod

mrtools:
Not sure what to call it, the idea was posted in public section, added mtf wanting to make it a multicolor histo but haven't figured it out, anyway calling it Stochastic Cycle due to how it was described in public section!

Thanks mrtools,

This Stoch Cycle is very good - mtf but good:

Files:
bttsd_01.jpg  333 kb

Mrtools

How can we install? ...everything inside the zip "stockmarket":

I guess "shdocvw" in library and others?

Thanks

bebeshel:
How can we install? ...everything inside the zip "stockmarket":

I guess "shdocvw" in library and others?

Thanks

I'm not sure where exactly they go, but i just left them in the folder(removed from zip though) and have the folder in my desktop and open the file called market watch, this is the one in the picture. Would just leave everything in folder and maybe copy the one called market watch to wherever convenient to you, think this would work but to be honest haven't tried it!

Mrtools

And the other image as it gets underway? (is next to ... stockmarket)

Thanks

Indicator wanted

Hi all,

which is the Indicator ?

Thanks

derumuro

Files:
indicator.jpg  10 kb

It is Daily Data indicator from Mladen.

Public indicator.

Daily data: is a simple tool by mladen to show information useful in the trading. The new version from Mladen is on this post.

Reason: