Elite indicators :) - page 273

Just want to inform to those who downloaded the Stochastic Cycle indicator of a coding error i made in it, replaced the errant version with the corrected version. Its about 2 pages back goodnight

"Yesterday Data" in de same indicator with"Daily Data",..

Mladen,

May you do "Yesterday Data" in de same indicator with"Daily Data",..or like new indicators.

Thanks a lot, of all your working.

ValeoFX

Made this one instead.

A couple of reasons : making alerts on "regular" SSA would cause "alert dancing" (since the SSA recalculates). This way we are avoiding alerts backwards and since the current value of SSA is the same in end-point version and the "regular" version it can easily be used for alerts even on previous closed bar without a danger of being revoked at some point of time (previous bar had to close value at the value end-point version is showing, so even the previous - closed bar alert is correct from that point of view).
Added on more thing : the doted line in this one is the "regular" normalized SSA so one can see the end-pointed history as well as the complete current regular normalized SSA - and I think that watching it will be explanatory as of what exactly the end-point one does as well as how SSA fits it self to data. Also, alerts are for level crosses in both directions (4 type of alerts in total)

regards

Mladen

ValeoFX:
=================

Please Mladen when you have a moment, could you do this alarm for me? Page 276 first post.

Regards.

dear mladen,

could you make the SSA normalized end pointed%alert.mq4 change color whent it gives an alert. Also i asked you before if it was possible to make the SSA end pointed change color when it changes trend just like de SSA of price advanced does.

thanks for your help.

mladen:
ValeoFX

Made this one instead.

A couple of reasons : making alerts on "regular" SSA would cause "alert dancing" (since the SSA recalculates). This way we are avoiding alerts backwards and since the current value of SSA is the same in end-point version and the "regular" version it can easily be used for alerts even on previous closed bar without a danger of being revoked at some point of time (previous bar had to close value at the value end-point version is showing, so even the previous - closed bar alert is correct from that point of view).
Added on more thing : the doted line in this one is the "regular" normalized SSA so one can see the end-pointed history as well as the complete current regular normalized SSA - and I think that watching it will be explanatory as of what exactly the end-point one does as well as how SSA fits it self to data. Also, alerts are for level crosses in both directions (4 type of alerts in total)

regards

Mladen

mladen:
Here is the smoothed version

Can you elaborate more what would be the "for EA" variation in this case?

regards Mladen

Thanks mladen!

I was thinking sloping down and below .5(user adjustable) as "on" and anything else as "off", but I'm sure I can use it in it's present form.

Thanks again!

crack.off

If I understand you correctly it should change color when the slope (trend) changes so now the value changes line color when the slope changes. Color changes when alerts are triggered is solved in dots in color of the trend at the bar where the level values are crossed

regards

Mladen

crack.off:
dear mladen,

could you make the SSA normalized end pointed%alert.mq4 change color whent it gives an alert. Also i asked you before if it was possible to make the SSA end pointed change color when it changes trend just like de SSA of price advanced does.

thanks for your help.

mladen:
ValeoFX

Made this one instead.

regards

Mladen

===================

Thanking you most sincerely, Mladen and wishing you a successful day.

Best personal regards.

Report back..

mladen:
ValeoFX

Made this one instead.

Added on more thing : the dotted line in this one is the "regular" normalized SSA so one can see the end-pointed history as well as the complete current regular normalized SSA - and I think that watching it will be explanatory as of what exactly the end-point one does as well as how SSA fits it self to data. Also, alerts are for level crosses in both directions (4 type of alerts in total)

regards

Mladen

======================

I attach here for your kind perusal and comment 2 screen-prints. The first one is the indicator as you intended it to be, but "alas" I just don't "get it". It does not do for me what the original does and that is the indicator in the first sub-window. (Your dotted-line in the bottom (new) version)

The 2nd screen-print I switched them around and got the original to show seeing that I am used to it and have the new version dotted.

Q: what added benefit is there to see this new calculation, plse. I just do not see the added value.

Thanking you in advance for your reply.

In the end I am going to hate SSA

ValeoFX,

I told repeatedly that "regular" SSA recalculates (or to use the popular word "repaints") and that I do not recommend the "signaling mode" usage of it to anyone since it will change its past Lag bars. So, in "signaling mode" it is going to show you one value now and a couple of bars later it is going to change the whole thing (it is fitting itself to changes) and that way it is going to make any signal worthless.

I will repeat once more what I always say : please people do no use "regular" SSA in signaling mode but please, please use it as an aid in decision.

The end-point version I posted does not recalculate but also it can not be made to show same values as "regular" SSA. That is the "cost" of making it causal (not depending on future values). "Regular" SSA had to have those values before it recalculated the rest and that was the idea if already signals and alerts were made for it : to signal and alert what is not going to be changed (and it will be, as it is clearly seen from the comparison of the end-point and "regular" SSA, and thus makes the "signals" just a simple guesswork)

regards

Mladen

ValeoFX:
======================

I attach here for your kind perusal and comment 2 screen-prints. The first one is the indicator as you intended it to be, but "alas" I just don't "get it". It does not do for me what the original does and that is the indicator in the first sub-window. (Your dotted-line in the bottom (new) version)

The 2nd screen-print I switched them around and got the original to show seeing that I am used to it and have the new version dotted.

Q: what added benefit is there to see this new calculation, plse. I just do not see the added value.

Thanking you in advance for your reply.
Reason: