10points 3.mq4 - page 471

Doda-Trend

Here is a manual filter I recently began using on my live account. Thanks to the InvestmentKit people, whoever and wherever they are, for creating this simple indicator. It merely compares a 14 period ATR with a 14 period StdDev, and then it prints either "Trending" (if ATRStdDev) on your chart. I like to run it on a separate D1 chart for each pair I'm trading with v1.01 on M1 (post #4090 settings).

I also use MT4's built-in ATR and StdDev for a better read on the comparison so to speak. I tried overlaying the two using fixed minimums and maximums but inevitably, one or the other runs off the indicator window. So I open each in its own indicator window and read the comment numbers within each window.

How to use this to filter trades is another matter. Personally, I run the EA to buy AND sell so naturally I want to trade ranging pairs. Not knowing whether I'll be long or short at any given moment, the last thing I want to see is a runaway trend. This gets back to gamma's principle of avoiding trending pairs. I simply remove the EA when Doda-Trend indicates a trend.

I have 2 exceptions: (1) if Doda-Trend suddenly indicates a trend against my existing open position(s), I close everything for that pair regardless of loss (or profit-- this is unlikely); and (2) if Doda-Trend indicates a trend in favor of my open position(s), I will wait for price to hit take profit OR manually close at break even (expecting to see the correction continue in this case).

I should mention that the D1 Doda-Trend is a faster filter than the D1 RSI 20. The attached image is my demo account. Ideally I would not be trading USDJPY in these conditions. Fortunately I'm already short 3 positions on my live account and manually monitoring.

Files:

RJo:
Are you using the same default magic number setting across all pairs? My only guess is that the EA's Account Protection feature might be counting your orders as if they are all on one pair, causing newer orders not to open.

Having said that, I never changed any magic numbers across multiple pairs with IBFX as my broker. Every EA operates independently on my account, but this might be a broker/data specific issue. What's really strange for me is I've never seen Account Protection do anything while using the 10pfixed settings.

In the EA code, it looks like Account Protection should print a yellow price level on the chart (which I have never seen). If you are seeing this yellow line, the magic numbers might be your problem. Mr tools or newdigital, please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Hi Rjo,

There isn't any yellow price level that comes upon the chart, on the newer versions there is an alert the will come up if you are using the equity trailing that will alert you when the Ea is closing order because of equity trailing, but on version 101 there is none of the newer account protection features except the earlier ones that were used on the original version.

rahul321:
Thanks a lot for this, i have downloaded the same version, everything is working fine except, Martingale recovery trades are not opening for EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD only don't know why. for other currencies like USDJPY, EURJPY, USDCHF, EURGBP, GBPCHF and NZDUSD Martingale recovery trades are opening perfectly. Can somebody help why is it so ,same default settings considered as in zip file.

Hi Rahul,

If you are using version 101 and not sure why you are having this problem, far as i know the earlier versions never had this problem, best i can say is double check your settings, and might try a separate magic number for each currency pair.

mrtools:
Hi Rahul, If you are using version 101 and not sure why you are having this problem, far as i know the earlier versions never had this problem, best i can say is double check your settings, and might try a separate magic number for each currency pair.

thanks a lot SIR for prompt reply.

just one request, i wants to ask is, if we are placing the EA on different currency pair, do we need to change magic number in each EA for each different currency pair.

Right now i started which different magic number for each currency pair. was i right or not, please tell.

****** ONE SPECIAL REQUEST TO MRTOOLS SIR,

I wants to request these modification to this EA if you can please do

1) EA to initiate trade as soon as it is started i.e. no filter/indicator to be used for direction detection and trade initiation. (User preference as input by user for BUY or SELL direction)

2) As soon as one complete trade set is finished i.e. Tp hit for one set, EA to again start trade cycle from initial phase i.e. primary trade without wait in same direction as mentioned by user (BUY or SELL)

3) Take profit in terms of pips as right now in current EA is absolutely OK, no problem.

MRTOOLS sir, its my humble request since i am not a good coder, but yet a better tester, i request you if you could please give me this EA with modificaitons as mentioned above it would be really helpfull to me, i would be so much thankfull to you, and if i found any thing good with my testing, i will be really happy to share too.

Regards

Rahul

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA,

Martingale settings,

Alpari broker,

2000 dollar initial deposit.

Since 30 of January 2012.

USDJPY only.

===================

- 10_pts_3_Smi_Rsi EA is on this post. Added the Rsi filter as an on off true or false. Fixed version is on this post.

- 10_points_3_Smi_new EA is on this post. The settings is on this post.

- 10points_3_Smi_Adj_TakeProfit EA is on this post. What this version is doing is using the pips setting, as Ea opens a buy trade, it goes aganist you 20 pips the Ea should open another trade, with a new take profit the original take profit + 20 pips to keep the original take profit,if it still goes aganist the original trade another 20 pips the Ea should open another buy but this time the take profit is same as original but +40 pips and etc.. By default the take profit is 10 pips and lot increase is also default at 1.

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

- Some explanation about how to setup for different pairs - read this post.

- next version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post: changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing.

- 10points_3_Smi_1.3 EA is on this post. This is version 1.3 smi, the trailing stop and break even are separate also added a lot more safety features.

- non-martingale settings for 2 versions of the EAs with pre-set files and trading results - read this post;

- some other martingale settings for 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post.

- 10points_3_Easy EA is on this post. This version is using TDI, heiken ashi and by default 5 period high low ma.

- 10points_3_Easy-1 EA is on this post. This version is using different TDI indicator which seems to be better.

10pfixed.set account protection

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA,

Martingale settings,

Alpari broker,

2000 dollar initial deposit.

Since 30 of January 2012.

USDJPY only.

newdigital,

mr tools recently explained that v1.01 contains basic account protection, and by reading previous posts I think I have found the relevant code (below). In the 10pfixed settings, this account protection appears to be turned on (also below). Can you share any experience with this feature while running your 10pfixed settings? The reason I ask--I have yet to see account protection close or block my 7th or 8th order while running 10pfixed settings.

Code:

Profit=Profit*PipValue;

text2="Profit: $"+DoubleToStr(Profit,2)+" +/-";

if (OpenOrders>=(MaxTrades-OrderstoProtect) && AccountProtection==1)

{

if (Profit>=SecureProfit)

{

OrderClose(LastTicket,LastLots,LastClosePrice,slippage*point,Yellow);

ContinueOpening=False;

return(0);

}

10pfixed account protection settings:

Max Trades 10

Secure Profit 5

Account Protection 1

Orders to Protect 3

Basically, I have been running v1.01 as if account protection were off. Based on the above, it is on???

Yes, it is on.

As I see from the code:

I have MaxTrades = 10; OrderstoProtect = 3.

So, as I understand - this account protection will start working in case of 7 simultanious open trades (for 1 same pair).

May be I am wrong as I am not a coder sorry.

But I did not see how it works ... may be - I did not have more than 7 martingale trades ...

newdigital:
Yes, it is on.

As I see from the code:

I have MaxTrades = 10; OrderstoProtect = 3.

So, as I understand - this account protection will start working in case of 7 simultanious open trades (for 1 same pair).

May be I am wrong as I am not a coder sorry.

But I did not see how it works ... may be - I did not have more than 7 martingale trades ...

"Not a coder..." I am worse--I am not a coder but I have an EA generator .

I think you just confirmed that the v1.01 Account Protection is not working, as I remember we both held max positions on the EUR/USD in the past. Account Protection would have blocked position #8 had it been working. This makes me think... If I wanted to cap my # of trades to 7, wouldn't I just set Max Trades to 7?

Secure Profit, on the other hand, IS something I would be interested in using. If I could get Account Protection to work, I would simply set Orders to Protect to 0.

Has anyone out there successfully used Account Protection in v1.01?

Hi Rjo,

This is how the account protection works if "Profit>=SecureProfit " then it will close the trade, that is all, the Ea will keep trading adding positions until "Profit>=SecureProfit " or until MaxTrades is hit if account protection is used, so in Newdigital's example the account protection will kick in after you have a total of 7 trades. So if you want it throughout progression best to set OrderstoProtect to a higher number maybe 1 below MaxTrades.

mrtools, please bear with me. I'm staying with newdigital's example here.

When you say, "close the trade," are you referring to an entire sequence of open orders or merely the last open order within that sequence of open orders. The former would close all open orders and start trading anew, while the latter would close open orders #7, 8, 9, or 10 with the possibility of reopening orders #7, 8, 9, or 10 going forward.

Also, am I correct in saying that "profit" here is measured as pips x respective lot sizes, as opposed to profit/loss which is measured in base currency of the account ($, etc)?

Moreover... following newdigital's settings, every last order sized 0.21 (or higher) in my account has closed at (or near) TP of 50 pips or remained open. (Lot size 0.21 is order #7). There were clearly profitable times when position #7, 8, 9, or 10 should have been closed with Account Protection on. Since gamma is running the same setup, I checked gamma's fxbook for comparison. Every last order sized 0.21 (or higher) closed at (or near) TP of 50 pips. Gamma has IBFX too (MT4 build 409) which doesn't help me identify the problem. This is why I ask if anyone else is showing an Account Protection exit. Maybe its broker specific or maybe not.

Reason: