Everything is fine: I attached this EA to 18 pairs. Just to see how this EA is trading. I know that I selected small demo deposit size for that (occasionally). I did it in the morning and I closed Metatrader right now only.
Two last trades I closed manually as I decided to close Metatrader.
From the statements attached you can see about which pairs traded today.
I used settings (pre-set file) posted by davidke20 except the following:
- I used different magic numbers for every pair/chart;
- I used Multiplier=2 and OrderstoProtect=2 (as davidke20 suggested to minimize the risk);
- I used UseTimeFilter=false (as I am trading during the GMT day time and I did not want to use this EA in "set-and-forget" way - I monitor ther trades because i wanted to see how this EA works).
I understand that it is risky concerning the news and so on ...but ... just to try on demo for 1 or 2 days before demo testing.
EURUSD did not trade today since morning till now.
Thanx ND for taking the initiative to demo test it. This EA is indicator driven, as it will only trade on the MACD cross. Therefore, some of the broker might have triggered trade already, whilst another doesn't due to the wrong moving averages calculation for MACD from different data feed(some broker might have a quick spike on support/resistance, that created a false indicator signal).
That's not a problem. Because before I decide to demo test this EA for few months so i am always trying to understand about how EA works. It works fine. I will monitor (just to see) the trading up to the end of the week.
I am not sure about the news: it will be Interest Rate for USD and Trade Balance for GBP tomorrow, Trade Balance for USD and CAD in the day after tomorrow and CPI Core on Friday. May be, I should stop trading before news ... we will see it anyway. I think it is more related to deposit size but i selected small deposit size occasionally.
But anyway it is just an experiment.
It is my updated statement.
And I have one idea about how to use this EA.
Just to remind:
I am using this EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page204 with this pere-set file https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page202 with different magic number for every pair and i changed the settings according to this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page205 and I am using UseTimeFilter=false.
How this EA works?
I don't know the coding logic but just look at MACD indicator (this EA is taking the signal to buy or to sell from standard MACD indicator).
It is condition for buy order:
It means that MACD histogram should be below signal line 2 bars ago, should be below 0 line 1 bar ago and should be above signal line 1 bar ago. And EA will open buy orders.
Condition for sell is opposite one:
So, the idea is the following:
- attach this EA with many pairs in one Metatrader. I attached to 18 pairs. I used different nagic munber for different pairs. And other settings are the same one. We can check the spread using this indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176191 or this indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176423 to decide do we need some pair to trade or not. We also can check the leverage (just to be sure) https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176423
- Expert Advisors button should be off:
And we must see the EAs like this:
- attach MACD alarm/alert indicator to every chart. This indicator must gove alert on open bar so we will have up to 1 hour to decide to trade some pair or not. Alert should be like this one:
"Possible buy soon"
Possible sell soon".
Once we get alert so we will monitor this pair. We must have bar counter as well. Just to know how log we will analyze before the bar will be closed:
- if we decide to trade alerted pair so we can go to this chart and switch EA on this chart to be on. Just for this chart only.
The problem is that we do not have MACD alarm/alert indicator for this system. We are having some MACD alert indicators:
But we need MACD alert exactly for this EA: it should have alert/alarm on open bar with the message "Possible sell soon" or "Possible buy soon" so we will have a time to decide: to trade or not.
I tried to create this alert/alarm to MACD but cound not. If someone can do it so it will be very good.
Wow ND. Wasn't know you're paying this much attention here. Anyways, after reading your notes, I've come up with the alert EA(no trading function) that will suit 10p3v0.01 and v0.02. Plz feel free to play with it.
By the way, you dont need to change the magic number as it handling trades according to the chart it attached to. It will not confuse at all. From order opening, order closure ~ trailing stops, all are treated independantly according to the chart's symbol. Unless you want 1x 10p3v0.01 trading on H1, another 10p3v0.01 trading on H4 and another 10p3v0.01 trading on D1, and all 3 charts are on EURUSD, then you'll have to change the magic number.
OK. Have stolen some codes from Nick Bilak on the time function. This 1 is indicator just incase you dont want it to be in EA format.
Yes, it works, thanks.
I changed shift to 0 just to know before EA will open the order: buy or sell.
Please enable the necessary setting in your browser, otherwise you will not be able to log in.