10points 3.mq4 - page 476

davidke20:
Ladies and gentlemen,

After long holiday, I'm back. What on earth is going on in the FOREX world? Nobody uses MT4 anymore?! Anyways, just a quick recap from what I've left behind. I've been questioned about a sound strategy to blow up account, I've been accused to causes massive losses for other people, I've been cursed for NOT giving out the holy grail, and all ended up with a lots of disappointment. May be I'm just too young to understand, I can't impressed each and everyone in the world, especially on the internet. Words got no emotion, even if it does, it's solely human interpretation. So, I'm back with good heart and open mind. Below is an EA I've improved from 10point3. May need Mr.Tools to address a few bugs since the EA was constructed before fraction pips being introduced. I will try to come back more often to help up.

Kind regards,

David

vq35.mq4

Hi David,

Great to see your back at the forum again and here at your old stomping grounds, welcome back!!

mrtools:
Hi David, Great to see your back at the forum again and here at your old stomping grounds, welcome back!!

Thanks dude,

The EA was constructed way back, I supposed it wouldn't work on current market. Some of the things you may use it to improve your current version. However, I've ran some quick test, the EA doesn't seem working correctly, infact extremely dangerous on current market, but it made enough money for the losses. Thanks to 1:50 leverage in InterbankFX, and I guess that's the only reason 1 can preserve account without having a massive blow up. Please find attachment useful. I turned off cost averaging and let the Take Profit managed all the trades. I'll run some test on cost averaging later on and see whether it can turn up any good results. Meanwhile, I'll hook it up on an IBFX demo account for forward testing on EURUSD with the aggressive setup as per attached backtest statement. Meanwhile, time for me to sleep. Almost forgot I'm on the other side of the world where you stay I'll try to make some post tomorrow morning.

danger.htm

Files:
danger.gif  9 kb
danger.htm  120 kb

Here is how it looks like when doing cost averaging. It seems more trades, getting caught less often, but in the end it still blow the account with an ending profit. There are many more possibilities can play around the EA.

costaveraged.htm

Files:

David did the 5 digit mod,ecn mod, and different broker symbol mod, so it should work on any mt4 broker. Also there was an error in the trailing stop, its an old error from the very first version on the Order Modify was like this

OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),BidPoint*TrailingStop,OrderClosePrice()+TakeProfit*Point+TrailingStop*Point,800,Yellow);

should be an 0 instead of the 800 Anyway wasn't able to back test but it should be good to go, got it on ecn broker now waiting to see if it will trade.Something else if your broker has a something extra after the currency pair, mine is EURUSDi just enter i or whatever it is in the suffix or prefix in your external parameters and should be fine.

Files:
vq_35.mq4  20 kb

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA,

Martingale settings,

Alpari broker,

2000 dollar initial deposit.

Since 30 of January 2012.

USDJPY only.

===================

- VQ_35 EA is on this post.

- 10_pts_3_Smi_Rsi EA is on this post. Added the Rsi filter as an on off true or false. Fixed version is on this post.

- 10_points_3_Smi_new EA is on this post. The settings is on this post.

- 10points_3_Smi_Adj_TakeProfit EA is on this post. What this version is doing is using the pips setting, as Ea opens a buy trade, it goes aganist you 20 pips the Ea should open another trade, with a new take profit the original take profit + 20 pips to keep the original take profit,if it still goes aganist the original trade another 20 pips the Ea should open another buy but this time the take profit is same as original but +40 pips and etc.. By default the take profit is 10 pips and lot increase is also default at 1.

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

- Some explanation about how to setup for different pairs - read this post.

- next version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post: changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing.

- 10points_3_Smi_1.3 EA is on this post. This is version 1.3 smi, the trailing stop and break even are separate also added a lot more safety features.

- non-martingale settings for 2 versions of the EAs with pre-set files and trading results - read this post;

- some other martingale settings for 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post.

- 10points_3_Easy EA is on this post. This version is using TDI, heiken ashi and by default 5 period high low ma.

- 10points_3_Easy-1 EA is on this post. This version is using different TDI indicator which seems to be better.

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA,

Martingale settings,

Alpari broker,

2000 dollar initial deposit.

Since 30 of January 2012.

USDJPY only.

===================

- VQ_35 EA is on this post.

- 10_pts_3_Smi_Rsi EA is on this post. Added the Rsi filter as an on off true or false. Fixed version is on this post.

- 10_points_3_Smi_new EA is on this post. The settings is on this post.

- 10points_3_Smi_Adj_TakeProfit EA is on this post. What this version is doing is using the pips setting, as Ea opens a buy trade, it goes aganist you 20 pips the Ea should open another trade, with a new take profit the original take profit + 20 pips to keep the original take profit,if it still goes aganist the original trade another 20 pips the Ea should open another buy but this time the take profit is same as original but +40 pips and etc.. By default the take profit is 10 pips and lot increase is also default at 1.

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

- Some explanation about how to setup for different pairs - read this post.

- next version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post: changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing.

- 10points_3_Smi_1.3 EA is on this post. This is version 1.3 smi, the trailing stop and break even are separate also added a lot more safety features.

- non-martingale settings for 2 versions of the EAs with pre-set files and trading results - read this post;

- some other martingale settings for 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post.

- 10points_3_Easy EA is on this post. This version is using TDI, heiken ashi and by default 5 period high low ma.

- 10points_3_Easy-1 EA is on this post. This version is using different TDI indicator which seems to be better.

mrtools:
David did the 5 digit mod,ecn mod, and different broker symbol mod, so it should work on any mt4 broker. Also there was an error in the trailing stop, its an old error from the very first version on the Order Modify was like this

OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),BidPoint*TrailingStop,OrderClosePrice()+TakeProfit*Point+TrailingStop*Point,800,Yellow);

should be an 0 instead of the 800 Anyway wasn't able to back test but it should be good to go, got it on ecn broker now waiting to see if it will trade.Something else if your broker has a something extra after the currency pair, mine is EURUSDi just enter i or whatever it is in the suffix or prefix in your external parameters and should be fine.

Thanks for sharing, will look into it later

I started to forward test/to trade this VQ_35 EA with default settings for M30 timeframe.

newdigital:
I started to forward test/to trade this VQ_35 EA with default settings for M30 timeframe.

I am trading 6 pairs.

No trades were closed yet.

Max faloting drawdown is -20 dollars.

Just for information.

newdigital:
Max faloting ...

:)

Max floating

sorry

Reason: