10points 3.mq4 - page 346

Avril Lavigne:
HI

I'm new to this post , can this EA will profitable ?

which version i want to download ? and which seting?

Please read from page 303. Although we have development, but they're all minor mod. So I think its a need for you to study these few pages to catch up.

Regards

David

Avril Lavigne:
HI

I'm new to this post , can this EA will profitable ?

which version i want to download ? and which seting?

I also new , i use TF 15 version 3.2 seting by ND

it is martingle system and i lost USD900 today , when you backtest it will show you positive result , plss care!

I am testing on H1 timeframe.

Less risky.

why must martingle? all the martingle system are too risky , how to change it to flat lot , dont max untill 4 or 5 trading .

hi

hi long shee fook

oh....let me test 1st.

thank!

longsheefook:
why must martingle? all the martingle system are too risky , how to change it to flat lot , dont max untill 4 or 5 trading .

You cant give this kind of comment to us here. This thread is dedicated to research in Martingale. So, if you dont like martingale, you can play with other EA. But if you willing to stay, we're more then happy to help each others up. There is a few thing you need to take very good care of why you lose(failed to use) with this EA that I spend more then a year to revise it.

What is your Account Balance?

*Your initial lot size should be not greater then 0.5% of your account balance. If you have 1000 on IBFX micro account, your 1st lot should be 0.05 only(or less).

Whats your leverage size?

*We need at least 1:200

Whats your margin call leve?

*FXDD practice 100% margin protection, so your trades could probably hit margin call too early. Besides, currently FXDD has locked the limit of opening position by EA should be atleast 0.10 standard lot and above. So, its 100 dollars of 1000. Thats 10% compare to 0.5%. How do you think the EA can survive FXDD.

Which broker you use?

*This is an indicator driven EA. John(Yeoeleven) is using it on IBFX, and it doesn't represent other broker can have the same performance

If you did followed everything possible as default, and the current condition met the minimum balance, leverage, and margin call levels, why still lose?

*Oh well, If I have a 100% profitable system that will never lose, I guarantee you wont get a copy. Because I may be more popular then BonJovi that time as I have my own money printing machine that will never wreck

Why H1?

*Backtest was brought up on H1, so I personally trading it on H1.

Why John(Yeoeleven) on M15?

*He's the fella who lack of patience. He cant wait too long for the EA to take up trade. M15 is 400% riskier then H1, ofcourse reward performance comes to balance with risk

Did you close trade manually?

*Dont try to be smart and close some profit trades, that initiated by the EA. It will bite you.

Why John(Yeoeleven) is making good money whereas my demo account blowup?

*Have you check all the above mentioned criteria? I'm sure John did.

So, please help to test. Post your statement, try to find out whats wrong with the EA. I'm more then willing to help. For your information, you can change the lot size by changing the Multiplier column at the EA settings. Change it to Mutliplier=1; it will continue trade with same lot size wihout increament. Trust me, the lower your increament, its more likely to bring the account go south, because of the small lot size, the profit wasn't able to cover the earlier lossing positions. Hope this help.

Regards

David

yes yes im new here too

I also want to test , make it 100% so i can be avril lavigne...haha

It depends on expectation.

For example, I am demo testing this EA in very safe settings. Initial deposit size was 5,000. Lot size is 0.01 (starting lot size). I am testing 11 pairs just to understand which pair is performing better.

Of course, not all 11 pairs are tading simultamiously. May be 2 or 3 sometimes. because EA is not trading often and profit is increasing slowly.

As to drawdown ... you can see (blue line is equity - means - open trades in deposit currency - for all 11 pairs):

And it is 5,000 deposit starting with 0.01 lot size.

And profit is 500 dollars since New Year. It is for all 11 pairs. If 1 pair so it may be 100 or 150 for example for 1 months.

If I will use it with real money so I will use 3,000 or 5,000 with 0.01 lot size just for 1 pair only with leverage at least 1:100.

If liteforex broker (account in cents - 500 dollars). But in case of lite forex I will have 10 or 15 dollars for 1 month ... better than nothing anyway. Or if i am not very worry about this 500 with liteforex so i can test 11 pairs in the same way as I am demo testing to have 50 dollars profit per month in average ...(it is 50,000 starting with 0.1 lot). Or IBFX mini for example.

So, it depends on your expectation and the risk: if you are expecting big profit for very short period of time - it will be very risky for your deposit size.

The risk is regulated by the settings of this EA, deposit size, trading pairs (how many and which one) and timefilter (in the settings of the EA). And lot size.

Files:
drawdown1.jpg  31 kb

Differences

forexjim:
Hi, Longsheefook,

I used John's preset.

Hi, John,

Thank you for your posting. Your account was way more active than mine. I thought I was using your preset. Have you since adjusted your preset? Could you kindly post the preset that generated the above statement? I will compare and report to all the difference.

Many thanks.

forexjim

Jim,

the two most obvious differences between your testing and mine, as David has pointed out, are firstly you are using a different EA I am using 10p3v0.02 whilst you are using the 0.03 version and secondly I am using a X 3 multiplier.

I have updated the first post in the thread to notify members of the latest versions and the differences between them.

Edited for update purposes:-

Post #3228 shows the location and information about 10p3v0.02 & 10p3v0.03. Post #3223 explains the difference between the two versions, both can be found on page #323.

Version 10p3v0.04 is now being updated.

This is a demo account and as such I can take more risks but I have also been using this EA and set live. I have tried the recommended H1 TF but have decided to use M15.

Originally when the account was under $100 I allowed it to trade as far as it could with the funding available and it would only get to MaxTrades4. .01 .03 .09 .27 then the No Money message would appear which I ignored and the price eventually returned and the trades were profitably completed. Later I noticed that it would trade up to MaxTrades5 .81 but now I have limited it to MaxTrades5 because the next progression is 2.43 and that will very quickly use up the margin as I found with my live account when it lost $162 but luckily did return the other trades back to profit.

All these references have been documented in the thread and that is why David recommends reading back so a better understanding of the risks and profits can be gained. The other important consideration is that I am using .01 lot size with a micro account which equals a 1c pip and only trading EURUSD.

It is very clear that members have been jumping in using live accounts without fully understanding all the ramifications, trading small standard accounts with various pairs and wondering why they are losing money. There is abundant information here in this thread so my recommendation is not to ask which pairs and time frames to use but rather read back and make a determination for yourself. Newdigital has been testing the 0.03 version in conjunction with an Alert indicator and has made his findings available whilst I have concentrated on the 0.02 version all the details are available by reading back.

My EA and set file are posted here but unless you understand about account type, account size and lot size and the relation between them and MaxTrades you will be playing a dangerous game with a live account.

John

Files:
10p3v0.02.mq4  11 kb
10p3.set  1 kb

The Presets differ.

yeoeleven:
Jim,

the two most obvious differences between your testing and mine, as David has pointed out, are firstly you are using a different EA I am using 10p3v0.02 whilst you are using the 0.03 version and secondly I am using a X 3 multiplier.

I have updated the first post in the thread to notify members of the latest versions and the differences between them.

Edited for update purposes:-

Post #3228 shows the location and information about 10p3v0.02 & 10p3v0.03. Post #3223 explains the difference between the two versions, both can be found on page #323.

Version 10p3v0.04 is now being updated.

This is a demo account and as such I can take more risks but I have also been using this EA and set live. I have tried the recommended H1 TF but have decided to use M15.

Originally when the account was under $100 I allowed it to trade as far as it could with the funding available and it would only get to MaxTrades4. .01 .03 .09 .27 then the No Money message would appear which I ignored and the price eventually returned and the trades were profitably completed. Later I noticed that it would trade up to MaxTrades5 .81 but now I have limited it to MaxTrades5 because the next progression is 2.43 and that will very quickly use up the margin as I found with my live account when it lost $162 but luckily did return the other trades back to profit.

All these references have been documented in the thread and that is why David recommends reading back so a better understanding of the risks and profits can be gained. The other important consideration is that I am using .01 lot size with a micro account which equals a 1c pip and only trading EURUSD.

It is very clear that members have been jumping in using live accounts without fully understanding all the ramifications, trading small standard accounts with various pairs and wondering why they are losing money. There is abundant information here in this thread so my recommendation is not to ask which pairs and time frames to use but rather read back and make a determination for yourself. Newdigital has been testing the 0.03 version in conjunction with an Alert indicator and has made his findings available whilst I have concentrated on the 0.02 version all the details are available by reading back.

My EA and set file are posted here but unless you understand about account type, account size and lot size and the relation between them and MaxTrades you will be playing a dangerous game with a live account.

John

Hi John,

Indeed the two presets differ (as shown below). Does it mean your choices (responsible for #3461 statement) of 10p3v002, MaxTrade 5, Multiplier 3, and Money_mgnt are profitable faster while my choices (responsible for #3445 statements) of 10p3v003, MaxTrade 10, Multiplier 2, and no Maney_mgnt are profitable slower but safer?

Thank you for your advice.

forexjim

Files:
presets_j-f.bmp  92 kb
Reason: