10points 3.mq4 - page 40

Magical number

mikon12:
mtaboneweb,

thanks for posting your version of 10points3.

It has a magical number which mine has not.

And your version is working flawlessly.

I attached it to GBPUSD in my mini-live account at InterbankFX, changed the settings to lot-size 0.01 and a few other settings of my choice.

It opened the first 0.01 position, then opened the second position with 0.02 lots ..... that is what I was looking for.

Thanks again.

Now I can use this version and throw away the 10points3 which I downloaded from Elcactus.

This is proof that my version had a bug built in.

Problem solved.

The magical number was added by tururo and his amended version of 10 points3 called 10points3 Dynamic stop can be found on page 18 of this thread. It was amended following discussions there and the reasons are outlined in that area of the thread.

I have added that information not to diminish Matt's efforts but to show where the magical number originally came from. When the thread gets into many pages it is easy to miss such pivotal posts.

John

10pointsdynamic- John's setup

Testing Day1

10points-my setup

Test Day 1

10point3

I felt it was also important to mention that I have never gone over 4 trades on the EUR/USD although I did make the changes to SecureProfit and OrderstoProtect to insure a greater profit when they closed with more than 2 positions. What was happening is that by default OrderstoProtect is 3 and when you reached a 3rd position it would be looking to get out with 10pt SecureProfit. My changes to these settings allows me not to panic until I have hit the 4th (less frequent) position and then even when that happens try for 14pts instead of 10.

The USD/CHF just brought my account balance down in a live scenario and has been rising very nicely since the changes and running only the EUR/USD. Also, I never turn off the software. I have never manually closed trades. Anything that happens is allowed to happen regardless of reports, news, the weekend, etc. This may sound dangerous to some and I guess someday it may be but these events all cause the market to actually move rather than flat lining for hours/days. In my opinion, so far, I look forward to these times and has actually helped the market to move enough to close some trades (with a profit every time so far). So far, even if it goes slightly in the wrong direction and opens a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, position it has always backed off a bit before continuing which is where I make a bigger profit because of more trades in larger amounts unless it is 4-6 which is more modest. I don't get upset if it opens 2-3 because I know that the profit will be larger and I still have room/time to close.

Here is an update I just ran which shows 3 open positions that may go to 4 but if it sinks enough it will be a decent profit at 3 trades. The lot sizes are screwed up because I was testing the MM after the 1st position was already open and it seemed like no matter how low I went it would not start below 0.30 lots. Right now I am starting at 0.24 which is right where I want to be. I will have to experiment more.

Thank you to everyone for all the support, information, teamwork, etc. I feel far better with this EA and setup than I have with anything else I've tried in the past 12 months and it's all automatic in 1 piece of software. I have written well over 100 variations of scripts for Intellicharts using almost every indicator available and many combinations with great results thru back testing but always fell apart in a live situation. The idea of opening a double position each time you go in the opposite direction to give you another chance and secure a profit at the same time seemed crazy to me at first but it really does work. The person who originally wrote this EA is the one who greatly deserves my thanks and also to everyone else who has contributed.

10points backtest - USDJY

I know is volatile, but it bounces back quickly.

John and team, I've tweaked the settings to have the results as shown in this backtest. Any comments?

Thanks,

KT

!note! Rather large file, will load but it could take severel seconds!

Files:

Back testing

Ken,

That is a remarkable result, I have no coding skills and never done backtesting but if we could get those kind of results in the forward testing we would have many getting on the bandwaggon and becoming rich in the process.

As a matter of comparison would it be difficult to use the other pairs individually with the same perameters. I have no idea of the work entailed but the results would be worth seeing.

Thanks for your contribution,

John

10points Eur-USD backtest

Anything under 10K was a loser.

Here it goes!

John,

Do Ctrl+R in your MT4 to get the backtesting window. The rest is pretty self explanatory.

Thank you,

KT

mtaboneweb:
I felt it was also important to mention that I have never gone over 4 trades on the EUR/USD although I did make the changes to SecureProfit and OrderstoProtect to insure a greater profit when they closed with more than 2 positions. What was happening is that by default OrderstoProtect is 3 and when you reached a 3rd position it would be looking to get out with 10pt SecureProfit. My changes to these settings allows me not to panic until I have hit the 4th (less frequent) position and then even when that happens try for 14pts instead of 10.

The USD/CHF just brought my account balance down in a live scenario and has been rising very nicely since the changes and running only the EUR/USD. Also, I never turn off the software. I have never manually closed trades. Anything that happens is allowed to happen regardless of reports, news, the weekend, etc. This may sound dangerous to some and I guess someday it may be but these events all cause the market to actually move rather than flat lining for hours/days. In my opinion, so far, I look forward to these times and has actually helped the market to move enough to close some trades (with a profit every time so far). So far, even if it goes slightly in the wrong direction and opens a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, position it has always backed off a bit before continuing which is where I make a bigger profit because of more trades in larger amounts unless it is 4-6 which is more modest. I don't get upset if it opens 2-3 because I know that the profit will be larger and I still have room/time to close.

Here is an update I just ran which shows 3 open positions that may go to 4 but if it sinks enough it will be a decent profit at 3 trades. The lot sizes are screwed up because I was testing the MM after the 1st position was already open and it seemed like no matter how low I went it would not start below 0.30 lots. Right now I am starting at 0.24 which is right where I want to be. I will have to experiment more.

Thank you to everyone for all the support, information, teamwork, etc. I feel far better with this EA and setup than I have with anything else I've tried in the past 12 months and it's all automatic in 1 piece of software. I have written well over 100 variations of scripts for Intellicharts using almost every indicator available and many combinations with great results thru back testing but always fell apart in a live situation. The idea of opening a double position each time you go in the opposite direction to give you another chance and secure a profit at the same time seemed crazy to me at first but it really does work. The person who originally wrote this EA is the one who greatly deserves my thanks and also to everyone else who has contributed.

at what time frame did you set the EA? i have been using for eurusd at tf30...results is tremendous... u better use high leverage 1:400

10point3

I am using a 30m TF.

Bad day...

It's almost like I spoke to soon and screwed myself over. I just had to close a 5 position situation manually. Things I did wrong...

1st - I started with .24 when this is not realistic even for a $700.00 account. By the time you get to were you need to open the 6th postion you will not have enough balance/margin left because your positions are already negative which leaves you with less floating margin. This is painfully obvious to me now that I saw it happen and I should have thought about that to begin with.

2nd - If I had a 10pt SecureProfit then I would have had a chance to close on the very next bar, after the 5th position was opened. It took a dip for around 12-13 points which just wasn't enough for my 14pt theory/wishful thinking.

In this specific case it would have been far better to close after the 5th with little to no profit rather than loosing $174.84 (real money by the way). I have made some adjustments and feel confident that I can rebound from this but at a slower pace than what I was before.

Here is an update on my newer/smarter settings?

extern double TakeProfit = 25;

extern double Lots = 0.15; lowered the starting size

extern double InitialStop = 1;

extern double TrailingStop = 15;

extern int MaxTrades=6;

extern int Pips=15;

extern int SecureProfit=10; lowered the secure profit although after 4th position closing with 10pts will be little to no profit or even a slight loss

extern int AccountProtection=1;

extern int OrderstoProtect=2;

extern int ReverseCondition=0;

extern double EURUSDPipValue=1;

extern double GBPUSDPipValue=1;

extern double USDCHFPipValue=1;

extern double USDJPYPipValue=0.9715;

extern int StartYear=2005;

extern int StartMonth=1;

extern int EndYear=2006;

extern int EndMonth=12;

extern int EndHour=22;

extern int EndMinute=25;

extern int mm=0;

extern int risk=30;

extern int AccountisNormal=0;

extern int Magic = 10201;

This is not something I will tell my wife until I have made it back...

Reason: