Davidke20 VS yeoeleven - Friendly match - page 2

why my account progression so slow?

yeoeleven:
I am posting my results to date in our friendly competition. I will be interested to see Junior's results. John

... only few more days to go. Need to prepare $2.50 for the happy meal for grandpa

yeoeleven:
I am posting my results to date in our friendly competition. I will be interested to see Junior's results. John

AWESOME !!! Very interested in this EA and your setup !!

davidke20:
... only few more days to go. Need to prepare $2.50 for the happy meal for grandpa

Yeah, man, get that $2.50 ready. I believe grandpa is really about to eat your lunch!

Actually the way this is going, you might owe him a steak dinner...

~

Thanks guys, I got a good laugh out of this! Best wishes to you both.

Settings and version

fxnewbie:
AWESOME !!! Very interested in this EA and your setup !!

I am using the 10points3_Dynamic_Stop as modified by tururo and posted on page 18 on the 10points3 thread in the Experts folder. Read the pages before and after to get an understanding of how this EA works especially the Initial Stop and how the Dynamic Stop works.

The settings are as follows:-

TakeProfit=38.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=28.00000000

MaxTrades=5

Pips=18

SecureProfit=28

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

EURUSDPipValue=10.00000000

GBPUSDPipValue=10.00000000

USDCHFPipValue=10.00000000

USDJPYPipValue=9.71500000

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2007

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=1

risk=3

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=10201

I am using NorthFinance as a broker on a $25000 demo account.

EURUSD is the only pair being tested on a M30 chart. In selecting EURUSD I was aiming at a middle of the road approach avoiding the more volatile GBPUSD and USDJPY. Money Management was used with the large account to stimulate activity for our competition.

Use any settings that seem appropriate for your testing but don't tell David he may change his tactics

John

Its a good race, you guys should start this too

Pecunia non olet:
Yeah, man, get that $2.50 ready. I believe grandpa is really about to eat your lunch!

Actually the way this is going, you might owe him a steak dinner...

~

Thanks guys, I got a good laugh out of this! Best wishes to you both.

LOL. Yeah... we're sitting down infront of the computer discussing about 10point3, and got fedup with the original settings. So, I decided to make some modifications on it... and started a race between me and grandpa. The original idea is to find out the best works EA in order to benefit both. Since the race is only based on demo account, I personally found it was boring, so I purpose a bet with grandpa for a McDonald's Happy Meal. Anyway, grandpa is doing great $2.50 is ready in my pocket, anytime to treat grandpa a great happy meal LOL... meanwhile, grandpa is doing extremely great. The entire trade is like sky rocket fly to the moon without seeing the trail at all... Octane boosted, turbo charged, super charged, lightened fly wheel, oversized piston, 13k RPM balanced crank shaft... OMG

yeoeleven:
I am using the 10points3_Dynamic_Stop as modified by tururo and posted on page 18 on the 10points3 thread in the Experts folder. Read the pages before and after to get an understanding of how this EA works especially the Initial Stop and how the Dynamic Stop works.

The settings are as follows:-

TakeProfit=38.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=1.00000000

TrailingStop=28.00000000

MaxTrades=5

Pips=18

SecureProfit=28

AccountProtection=0

OrderstoProtect=0

ReverseCondition=0

EURUSDPipValue=10.00000000

GBPUSDPipValue=10.00000000

USDCHFPipValue=10.00000000

USDJPYPipValue=9.71500000

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2007

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=1

risk=3

AccountisNormal=0

Magic=10201

I am using NorthFinance as a broker on a $25000 demo account.

EURUSD is the only pair being tested on a M30 chart. In selecting EURUSD I was aiming at a middle of the road approach avoiding the more volatile GBPUSD and USDJPY. Money Management was used with the large account to stimulate activity for our competition.

Use any settings that seem appropriate for your testing but don't tell David he may change his tactics

John

Dont worry, I will keep your secret !!!

Tks. a lot and enjoy your meal !!

davidke20:
$2.50 is ready in my pocket, anytime to treat grandpa a great happy meal LOL...

I'm glad to hear that, because WOW!

After looking at those statements, this thing had me LMAO last nite!

All hail Grandpa!

Competition

Pecunia non olet:
I'm glad to hear that, because WOW!

After looking at those statements, this thing had me LMAO last nite!

All hail Grandpa!

When we decided to have our competition I took the easy route by taking the proved and tested 10points3 Dynamic Stop whilst David opted to make modifications and changes to make his version slower but safer.

He is unlikely to have any problems, a bit like the rabbit and the hare, it is very likely that I may come unstuck and hit the MaxTrades6 and lose much of my account whereas his modifications will avoid that scenario.

All in all I wish that I had his expertise and will most likely use his version (if he gives it to me) for my foray into live trading after the competition. So don't write Junior off just yet.

John grandpa yeoeleven

yeoeleven:
When we decided to have our competition I took the easy route by taking the proved and tested 10points3 Dynamic Stop whilst David opted to make modifications and changes to make his version slower but safer.

He is unlikely to have any problems, a bit like the rabbit and the hare, it is very likely that I may come unstuck and hit the MaxTrades6 and lose much of my account whereas his modifications will avoid that scenario.

All in all I wish that I had his expertise and will most likely use his version (if he gives it to me) for my foray into live trading after the competition. So don't write Junior off just yet.

John grandpa yeoeleven

I think youre right, John

I have backtested your setup and seems that is not profitable in the long run. However, for now will put the meal in your table

Here's some update on the competition... Still driving slow and steady...

Files:
comp.htm  40 kb
comp_1.gif  6 kb
Reason: