10points 3.mq4 - page 14

10points 3

Tue7:50pm JPY Current Account

Tue7:50pm JPY Trade Balance

Wed 12:30am JPY Industrial Production m/m (f)

Wed 1:00am JPY BOJ Meeting Minutes

Noting the news reports due from JPY and considering the negative position that I am in trading JPY with 10points 3, I have decided to increase my MaxTrades back up 10 for this pair only.

Scenario 1 there is no upward impact from the reports and a reverse comes I am no worse off and may return the pair to profitability.

Scenario 2 Upward movement will trigger higher trades and if a retracement comes I may get out in profit more easily as I have done previously prior to dropping the MaxTrades to 5.

Scenario 3 Constant upward movement will blow me out of the water.

The last 3 weeks of trading 10points 3 has seen my demo account rise from $24665 to a current balance of $32753 so I have decided on an aggressive strategy even, though as forest has mentioned, the author recommends turning off the EA during the news events.

Files:
usdjpy2.gif  54 kb

Hehe, well I guess there is an average of a 50% chance of the news going in your favor. Good luck!

Get out of jail card

yeoeleven:
Tue7:50pm JPY Current Account

Tue7:50pm JPY Trade Balance

Wed 12:30am JPY Industrial Production m/m (f)

Wed 1:00am JPY BOJ Meeting Minutes

Noting the news reports due from JPY and considering the negative position that I am in trading JPY with 10points 3, I have decided to increase my MaxTrades back up 10 for this pair only.

Scenario 1 there is no upward impact from the reports and a reverse comes I am no worse off and may return the pair to profitability.

Scenario 2 Upward movement will trigger higher trades and if a retracement comes I may get out in profit more easily as I have done previously prior to dropping the MaxTrades to 5.

Scenario 3 Constant upward movement will blow me out of the water.

The last 3 weeks of trading 10points 3 has seen my demo account rise from $24665 to a current balance of $32753 so I have decided on an aggressive strategy even, though as forest has mentioned, the author recommends turning off the EA during the news events.

The end result of allowing this EA to trade up to MaxTrades7 was that it was able to close off in profit after losing over 100 pips after a gain of only 25 pips at the 6.8 units trade. Without that action the trade would be nowhere near to closing off. The attached gif will show the action.

Also is attached is my trade htm for this week, still showing profit.

John

Files:

forest:
The author emphatically suggests turning it off during news.

ok.. maybe i am getting this confused.. and if i am i am hoping you will straighten me out.

here is/was my thoughts on this...

let's say you are running this 24/7 and you have open positions and they are all in a flux of either profit or loss. you know that a news release is coming out. i know that the author is telling you to turn off the ea, but are you also saying that you are going to maunually close all of your open positions that are going to be effected by that particular report?

- or -

would you instill a stop loss program to limit the amount of losses you would take any ways?

here is my other thought on what i took away from the artical that this program was based on.

that you would want to take faster, smaller bites from the trend that is happening. why would you want this thing to both build-up long trades? i guess i see this as an colony. the ants roam around looking for some food, they find something that looks good to eat, swarm all over it taking away little bites, coming back for more until its completely devoured. then they move on to it's next target.

am i correct on what i think that this EA is doing? yes/no. if not, please let me know how this is suposed to function. i would rather start looking at this correctly so that i can contribute properly.

Yes, he says he manually closes his positions before news, just as he opens the initial position when his ducks are in a row.

I know that sounds drastic, and the news spike could go in the right direction. Many times it retraces, so depending on how much you have margined, you might be okay just to ride it out. However, considering the way this little monster exponentially adds to your risk... one single mistake against you and the ants get washed away in the storm taking your account with it.

I would personally suggest reading through every post on his forum. That's what I have been attempting to do in order to study the trials and tribulations of the EA's evolution.

I think there is a huge amount of potential in the EA and the latest version covers some of the inadequacies of the previous models. It's just that it has so many levers it takes a long time to "optimize" it to your liking.

forest:
I would personally suggest reading through every post on his forum. That's what I have been attempting to do in order to study the trials and tribulations of the EA's evolution.

could you post a link here that would take me to the same site that you are reading all this information on..?

10points 3 + DLM

furious_angel:
could you post a link here that would take me to the same site that you are reading all this information on..?

http://elcactus.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

you will have to register before accessing the downloads etc. but that is where I have been getting information from by using the forum link.

The spike that seems to occur prior to any major announcement can put us into a better than even situation when trading the news.

Anyone interested in trading the news may be interested in following this link and signing up for Felix's free advice report.

http://www.forexbastards.com/felixtrading.shtml

John

so have you all been testing the other versions of this one as well? and if so, if you had to choose one to continue to test.. which would you choose? and why? i have only been testing the original version (first) and i guess i am curious to what others think about the upgraded versions. i have read through the forum and have learned alot, but i would like some feedback on some forward testing on some of those newer versions that have been created.

yeoeleven:

I am having trouble using the ex4 file. It is created after the EA has been compiled but on Interbank it will not open and shows the grey hat.

The creator of this EA has the following to say about this problem on http://elcactus.com/index.php?option=com_mamboboard&Itemid=33&func=view&id=161&catid=2

If you are using Interbank MetaTrader 4 client you will not be able to use only ex4 files, this is because Interbank FX modified the client to work only with experts/indicators with .mq4 files (source files).

If you want to test this expert you will must download the original MT4 client from metaquotes.net website, click on this link to get it.

Regards

Alejandro Galindo

Unfortunately I have been unable to use any other of the DLM series, forest has and suggested that he liked 10points 3 better in a previous post.

I downloaded Multi Lot Scalper P D1 Jul4 a few hours ago and have had really good results. http://elcactus.com/index.php?option=com_mamboboard&Itemid=33&func=view&id=281&catid=2

too soon to evaluate this EA and may have unexpected results but have attached the trading details.

John

yeoeleven:
Unfortunately I have been unable to use any other of the DLM series, forest has and suggested that he liked 10points 3 better in a previous post.

I downloaded Multi Lot Scalper P D1 Jul4 a few hours ago and have had really good results. http://elcactus.com/index.php?option=com_mamboboard&Itemid=33&func=view&id=281&catid=2

too soon to evaluate this EA and may have unexpected results but have attached the trading details.

John

Hi John,

Just to clarify, 10point3 had higher marks mainly because it was operating right out of the bag. I have to add that DLM has more bells and whistles that are probably much improved over 10point3, but I have not had a chance to test them. I would gather from the responses in the forum that it is a better animal, and it seems that the author has really put alot of time into it... so I just need to post that to be fair.

Reason: