10points 3.mq4 - page 38

John and Others:

Just for Info Velocity4x Just changed Servers for Live Accounts, now Demo Accounts are same as live (in order placement) thus I can now run lots at .01. 02 etc. (instead of .010 they also did away with the Mini Account, now it's one Account for all Accounts no GBPUSDm listing, same now as InterbankFX under Server 216.93.184.205:443. Note that Velocity4yx Demo and Live Accounts are not on the same Server as before.

However leverage is now forced at 1:100 no more 1:200

Going live next week with smaller lot's finally. 10point3

Tx thanx for the updates

Hi TX

Do you mind sharing your setup, tf and pairs?

Thanks and good luck trading live.

KT

10points update

Too soon to say anything.

John,

After I blew up a demo account using my own settings, I've opened another account but it doesn't let me take anything but full lots, (not 0.1). Any idea?

*** Fixed*** make sure the type is double, as in:

extern double Lots = 0.1;

settings

kentashiburo:
Too soon to say anything.

John,

After I blew up a demo account using my own settings, I've opened another account but it doesn't let me take anything but full lots, (not 0.1). Any idea?

Ken,

if you look at your entry buys and your last close you will see that there is no room for this EA to move.

Buy 0.8 was 118.85

Buy 1.6 was 118.79

Closed at 118.72

Also you have selected the most volatile pair to test.

IMHO you should use the settings that have been successful for me with the currency pairs that I am testing then work to improve them.

As far as using full lots that is a matter for the broker not the EA I have found that InterBankFX and Velocity both allow .01 unit trading. Use the price dropdown list on the Order Page to see what the broker will allow.

Edited to add thanks txsundevil for your comments re brokers pricing it was not available when I started this post

John

Much appreciated John, and well noted.

The full lot was a mistake in the code, for I was trying to change something.

Thank you,

KT

yeoeleven:
Ken,

if you look at your entry buys and your last close you will see that there is no room for this EA to move.

Buy 0.8 was 118.85

Buy 1.6 was 118.79

Closed at 118.72

Also you have selected the most volatile pair to test.

IMHO you should use the settings that have been successful for me with the currency pairs that I am testing then work to improve them.

As far as using full lots that is a matter for the broker not the EA I have found that InterBankFX and Velocity both allow .01 unit trading. Use the price dropdown list on the Order Page to see what the broker will allow.

John

The 10point3-EA works fine with lot-size 0.1 , but when I put lot-size 0.01 , it only opens the first position with 0.01 lot, then it is dead.

It is not able to open the second position with 0.02 lots as it should.

I have tried it in live and demo-accounts ( InterbankFX, FXDD micro-account where 0.01 lot-size is allowed ) and it behaves all the same.

It works perfectly with lot-size 0.1 and it does not with lot-size 0.01 .

I downloaded a version from a member here who says that he uses lot-size 0.01 , but that version only opens the first position with 0.01, then it is dead. It is not able to double the lot-size when the price triggers it.

Again it works fine with lot-size 0.1 as usual.

Can somebody help me ?

It is not the fault of InterbankFX because I have used another EA which opened positions with lot-size 0.01 all day long and lot-size 0.02 etc.

Maybe it is an error in the code which needs to be corrected ?

I appreciate help because with lot-size 0.01 I could use 10point-3 in my live-account with margin 1k .

I have 10point-3 running in a demo-account with 40k margin, having it on 4 different currency-pairs and it never has problems with margin.

The highest position was 6.4 so far. I let it start with lot-size 0.1

.. just make sure that the platform that your using this on can support the lots sizes that you would like to open. double check that.

John,

thank you very much for your hint.

Unfortunately this cannot be the cause of the problem.

I have a mini InterbankFX live-account.

There the symbols have the "m" attached.

EURUSDm for example.

I have the 10points3 running with 0.1 lot-size ( 10 cents per pip ) and it works perfectly.

It has no problems with the symbol.

Then I have the 10point3 running at FXDD (micro, which allows 0.01 lot-sizes) and it again works with lot-size 0.1 but does not work with lot-size 0.01.

It opens the first position with 0.01 , then it is not able to double the position when necessary. It is like a dead rat.

When the first position reaches tp, the position is closed with the profit.

Then it opens a new position with 0.01 lot-size and is dead again.

I have no idea why this happens.

Reason: