extern int EndYear=2006;

extern int EndMonth=12;

extern int EndHour=22;

extern int EndMinute=30;

extern int mm=0;

extern int risk=12;

extern int AccountisNormal=0;

extern int Magic = 10201;

I have been running a live account since 10/4/2006 and originally started with EUR/USD and USD/CHF. I found that the USD/CHF was not working well for me so I dropped it a little while back. You may notice when this happened because the chart shows a visible rise after that. I have started out small (0.01) and have since increased to 0.23. I have to keep it this small because I only started with $700.00 but have been slowly ramping it up 0.01 as my balance grows. The reason for this starting point is because if the EA needed to open the maximum 6 trades then I would still be just under my balance. My results are small for now but it is real money that I am making. I should also mention that I am using a 30m TF. Also, I changed the SecureProfit and OrderstoProtect so that I would hopefully still receive a decent profit if more trades are opened.

These lines of code from the EA...

if (OpenOrders>=(MaxTrades-OrderstoProtect) && AccountProtection==1)

{

//Print(Symbol,":",Profit);

if (Profit>=SecureProfit)

{

OrderClose(LastTicket,LastLots,LastClosePrice,slippage,Yellow);

ContinueOpening=False;

return(0);

}

}

If I am looking at this correctly then the EA would look for my 25pt profit until I had 4 or more trades open. As soon as a 4th position is opened then it would start to look to get out at my 14pt secure profit. I raised it from 10 because it looked like it might loose money with a higher number of trades and I felt, hopefully, that 14 would still be reasonable and secure some sort of profit with a higher number of trades.

If there are any questions about my settings, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, it really is great.

Last minute update

Here is a new statement showing my last 3 open positions closed. It would appear that the mods made allowed me to close my 3rd position with 25pt profit, 2nd with 10pt profit, and 1st with -10pt profit (roughly, due to timing on closing the actual positions). If the script were in it's original settings then it would have tried to close the 3rd position and all previous once the 3rd had reached 10pt profit (secure profit) leaving me little to no profit after all 3 were closed. The mod made will only start looking to settle for less once it hits the 4th position and even then it tries for 14 instead of 10.

I have increased my starting size to 0.24 and will start looking into adjusting the other settings to take advantage of the MM feature so I don't have to make these changes manually. I realize that others may have had some luck with other pairs but the way I see it is that I have had a good track record with the EUR/USD. If my lot size increases as my account grows then I should be able to achieve good results. I have no need to feel like I need to trade more currencies just because they are available to be traded although there is a small possibility that having more than one pair would maybe give you more opportunities to win. If one went bad the other might win, maybe. I just haven't seen good results for the USD/CHF while running in a live environment.

Here we go again.

mtaboneweb, your 10point3 EA works with 0.01 lots while mine does not.

Why ?

I have tried mine with FXDD, with InterbankFX demo and InterbankFX-live accounts.

It works only with 0.1 and higher.

It does not work with 0.01 or whatever below 0.1

What is your broker ?

Would you mind posting your version of the EA ?

I would like to download it and test it with 0.01 lot-size.

BTW, I use tp 8 and I let it open new positions at 6 pips distance.

I find it very boring to wait for the trailing stops or tp of 25 to be hit.

During that waiting time my settings make me money.

I have set max opened positions to 10.

This way my accounts survived heavy price movements much better than with max 5.

10point3 EA

First of all it is crucial for me to mention that I did not write this EA and take no credit for what it does or how it does it.

I have posted the EA that I am using and would like to point out my changes...

Note: Attaching this EA as is will have my settings. Make sure you change them to what your preference is before allowing live trading.

These are my current settings...

extern double TakeProfit = 25;

extern double Lots = 0.24;

extern double InitialStop = 1;

extern double TrailingStop = 15;

extern int MaxTrades=6;

extern int Pips=15;

extern int SecureProfit=14;

extern int AccountProtection=1;

extern int OrderstoProtect=2;

extern int ReverseCondition=0;

extern double EURUSDPipValue=1;

extern double GBPUSDPipValue=1;

extern double USDCHFPipValue=1;

extern double USDJPYPipValue=0.9715;

extern int StartYear=2005;

extern int StartMonth=1;

extern int EndYear=2006;

extern int EndMonth=12;

extern int EndHour=22;

extern int EndMinute=25;

extern int mm=0;

extern int risk=30;

These are the standard settings and are still in the EA but remed out by me for future reference...

/*

//Standard Settings

extern double TakeProfit = 40;

extern double Lots = 0.1;

extern double InitialStop = 0;

extern double TrailingStop = 20;

extern int MaxTrades=10;

extern int Pips=15;

extern int SecureProfit=10;

extern int AccountProtection=1;

extern int OrderstoProtect=3;

extern int ReverseCondition=0;

extern double EURUSDPipValue=10;

extern double GBPUSDPipValue=10;

extern double USDCHFPipValue=10;

extern double USDJPYPipValue=9.715;

extern int StartYear=2005;

extern int StartMonth=1;

extern int EndYear=2005;

extern int EndMonth=12;

extern int EndHour=22;

extern int EndMinute=30;

extern int mm=0;

extern int risk=12;

*/

Here I just changed the symbol names because of my software...

//if (Symbol()=="EURUSD") { PipValue=EURUSDPipValue; }

if (Symbol()=="EURUSDm") { PipValue=EURUSDPipValue; }

//if (Symbol()=="GBPUSD") { PipValue=GBPUSDPipValue; }

if (Symbol()=="GBPUSDm") { PipValue=GBPUSDPipValue; }

//if (Symbol()=="USDJPY") { PipValue=USDJPYPipValue; }

if (Symbol()=="USDJPYm") { PipValue=USDJPYPipValue; }

//if (Symbol()=="USDCHF") { PipValue=USDCHFPipValue; }

if (Symbol()=="USDCHFm") { PipValue=USDCHFPipValue; }

Here I changed the message displayed on the screen (personal preference)

//text2="Profit: $"+DoubleToStr(Profit,2)+" +/-";

text2="(Profit: $"+DoubleToStr(Profit,2)+") (Balance: $"+DoubleToStr(AccountBalance(),2)+")";

I have a regular InterbankFX account that I setup before 10/4/2006 (mini account, which is why I changed the symbols above to end in m). I have not had to do anything special to my live account. I just attached the EA to my chart, modified the EA how I wanted thru the editor, Saved/Compiled which updates the settings automatically for whatever chart(s) it may be attached to. You can change the settings thru the properties window, I just prefer to make changes in the editor. Also, remember to check the box to allow live trading on the EA's property window. I know there is a setting in the program preferences that you can check to allow live trading but I did not check it (I have attached a screen shot).

If you need more info please let me know.

Matt

Hello,

Very interesting EA, I leave this message in order to follow the evolutions of this strategy

Settings

Matt,

congratulations on your actual profit from 10points 3 dynamic stop.

Thanks for the details of your changes and the time you have taken to so thoroughly document them.

You can change the settings thru the properties window,

So if I want to use your settings all I have to do is to change on my property window the two different settings Secure profit and Orders to protect.

Both those changes make a lot of sense when the meaning behind them is explained.

John

Update

Had a stressful time using 10points with USDCHF today but alls well that ends well. See the direction change2 gif.

The platform testing DLM has lost connection probably passed the 30 day time allowed so I have no report. At this time I am happy with 10points so will not continue forward testing DLM.

Files:

John:

I also ran this on Velocity 4x, same results up to Maxtrade 5 (1.60) on USD/CHF, however the margin was a problem with 1:100 on Velocity Live account, which I have $5k in (but not running this that would have caused a margin problem running both the currencies at 0.10. If both are run would have to start at 0.02 X 6 =0.64Max to avoid a problem. That brings up as discussed previously might be better just to run like EUR, higher like 0.05 X 6=1.60, it looks like the range is over 90 pips that should not cause a problem, even with this large range day.

Also question since you are been running this more consistant than I have have you ever had a problem with either of these reaching those Max Trades of 6, and if that happened was it during a report etc?

mtaboneweb,

thanks for posting your version of 10points3.

It has a magical number which mine has not.

And your version is working flawlessly.

I attached it to GBPUSD in my mini-live account at InterbankFX, changed the settings to lot-size 0.01 and a few other settings of my choice.

It opened the first 0.01 position, then opened the second position with 0.02 lots ..... that is what I was looking for.

Thanks again.

Now I can use this version and throw away the 10points3 which I downloaded from Elcactus.

This is proof that my version had a bug built in.

Problem solved.

txsundevil:
John:

I also ran this on Velocity 4x, same results up to Maxtrade 5 (1.60) on USD/CHF, however the margin was a problem with 1:100 on Velocity Live account, which I have $5k in (but not running this that would have caused a margin problem running both the currencies at 0.10. If both are run would have to start at 0.02 X 6 =0.64Max to avoid a problem. That brings up as discussed previously might be better just to run like EUR, higher like 0.05 X 6=1.60, it looks like the range is over 90 pips that should not cause a problem, even with this large range day.

Also question since you are been running this more consistant than I have have you ever had a problem with either of these reaching those Max Trades of 6, and if that happened was it during a report etc?

Hi txsundevil,

the last time it reached the MaxTrades6 is detailed in the statement below and the news reports had minimal impact. Thu. 09/21 2:15am CHF Trade Balance occurred hours before these trades

http://www.forexfactory.com/index.php?page=calendar&week=1158451200&month=9&timezoneoffset=

The last time was on the 21st September and on that report USDCHF hit that level twice. I have no records of EURUSD reaching that level suggesting that Matt is on the right track limiting the EA to one pair with larger increments.

John

Reason: