10points 3.mq4 - page 428

Set file and EA: post # 4090 here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page273

Some explanation about how to setup for different pairs - read this post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page275

I am posting the results weekly - last week results - this post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page283

EA is trading on 3,000 dollars initial deposit using stats website - read this post for results online https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page284 - it is the situation right now for this 3,000 account:

And all those links are here (I am trading 10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA; I did not trade 10points_3_Smi_1.02a yet):

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

- Some explanation about how to setup for different pairs - read this post.

- EA is trading on 3,000 dollars initial deposit using stats website - read this post for results online.

- next version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post: changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing.

- non-martingale settings for 2 versions of the EAs with pre-set files and trading results - read this post.

Files:
10p_0709.jpg  178 kb

Thanks

snowyHH:
yes, maxtrades = 1

for "10points3 WITHOUT martingale, with fixed SL of 60 pips and fixed TP of 60 pips" i use the version 1.01 as provided in your post #4090.

for "10points3 WITHOUT martingale, with fixed SL of 60 pips, but with trailing stop " i use the improved version 1.02a with working trailing stop (and the new break even-setting) - thanks again to mrtools!

attached you find both presets.

while i am writing this, both accounts have 2 more profitable trades... wow, today is a heavy day...

Thanks for the set, i will put the trail set on my live acc but with reduced lot cos its a 500 dollar account. Well done guys

Thanks snowyHH,

I updated all the links below:

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

- EA is trading on 3,000 dollars initial deposit using stats website - read this post for results online.

- next version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post: changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing.

- non-martingale settings for 2 versions of the EAs with pre-set files and trading results - read this post.

And I am continuing trading this EA with 3,000 dollars deposit for EURUSD pair only.

read post 4258 for updated results:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page284

===================

hello guys, i did a backtest with the set files provided by SnowyHH and the results were not promissing. I think the fixed sl and tp is not a good idea. Can some pls do a backtest and see if i'm doing something wrong.

i did backtests, too and they were also bad. in my backtests the EA never get ANY profits, it lost money from the very beginning. but as you can see in live test, the equity of the account increases every single day since start (ok, it runs only 5 days now, we have to wait and test for a longer period). but as long as we have more winng trades as losing trades, these settings will be profitable. for this, the indicator is very important. the better the indicator and the signals, the better the EA. that's why i was interested into implementing another indicator, because i think that the used one (smi and some others i think?) seems not to be the best. i can see many false signals. i see buys and seels in situations, i would never trade manually.

snowyHH:
i did backtests, too and they were also bad. in my backtests the EA never get ANY profits, it lost money from the very beginning. but as you can see in live test, the equity of the account increases every single day since start (ok, it runs only 5 days now, we have to wait and test for a longer period). but as long as we have more winng trades as losing trades, these settings will be profitable. for this, the indicator is very important. the better the indicator and the signals, the better the EA. that's why i was interested into implementing another indicator, because i think that the used one (smi and some others i think?) seems not to be the best. i can see many false signals. i see buys and seels in situations, i would never trade manually.

I agree longer demo testing is needed before putting the setting to live accounts.

I agree with you

snowyHH:

I agree with you Newdigital, i think the indicators needs an update. Do you have any indicators in mind ?

Fmfx1:
I agree with you Newdigital, i think the indicators needs an update. Do you have any indicators in mind ?

i'am not newdigital but yes, i suggested the TDI earlier in this thread. it makes very clear buy- and sell-signals by crossing lines. green crosses red up (and preferable below the 32-line): buy. green crosses red down (and preferable above the 68-line): sell. simple, clear signals, but successful so far with manual trading. recommended on slower timeframes, as H1 or H4, to avoid false-signals.

snowyHH:
i'am not newdigital but yes, i suggested the TDI earlier in this thread. it makes very clear buy- and sell-signals by crossing lines. green crosses red up (and preferable below the 32-line): buy. green crosses red down (and preferable above the 68-line): sell. simple, clear signals, but successful so far with manual trading. recommended on slower timeframes, as H1 or H4, to avoid false-signals.

hoops sorry about that, i think TDI will do the magic, i have a friend who uses TDI and he has been recording vast success.

Reason: