10points 3.mq4 - page 211

Closeing Old Positions

Trader83:
MegaLeads, how do you determine when the loosing block should be closed?

If you are buying every 20 pips for easy math....

You place a buy trade for 0.10 lots ... and the price goes down 20 pips... you now have to place another buy trade for 0.20 lots... SOP...

If you make the decision to open the second trade in this run for 0.20 lots there is no logic in holding the buy lot for 0.10 lots open.

The logic behind this is that if / WHEN the trade does eventually go in your favor the trade that you put on for 0.20 lots will make up for your losses and give you a profit at the the TP point of your second trade of 0.20 lots.

The only thing that you will experience by holding the first position open is that your account will draw down further than it needs to. Additionally, now your using margin that is not necessary to hold open. By closing your losing trades you are exercising two virtues - admitting mistakes quickly and cutting losses before they cut you. Fading into the trade with the 0.20 lots will make up the difference.

yeoeleven:
At last I have decided to go live and hopefully make profit from my months of forward testing.

I would like to use a broker who will take Egold as a funding option and also trade in Micro lots (0.01)

Has anyone had experience in using Neuimex live?

Is there another broker with whom you are trading who also meets that criteria?

Any feedback will be most welcome.

John

Hey john

I haven't heard much good about very many brokers that use e-gold, but thats just what I heard.

Rick

v12 question

How can I set v12 to be better hedged? If I place it on 2 charts with different magic numbers, one chart normal, and one chart on reverse. That setup works, but sometimes both charts are in the same direction and I don't want that. How about if the normal chart is set long only, and the reverse chart short only? Can anyone see a problem with that?

Possible filter for v12

David,

Please see PM from me. Thx

robp:
How can I set v12 to be better hedged? If I place it on 2 charts with different magic numbers, one chart normal, and one chart on reverse. That setup works, but sometimes both charts are in the same direction and I don't want that. How about if the normal chart is set long only, and the reverse chart short only? Can anyone see a problem with that?

Problem would be that you only get aprox. 50% of trades.

EA won't trade when normal chart wants to short, and the reverse chart can't long.

I also want that, but unfortunately I can't write any program and David doesn't want to.

I have read CoderGuru's tutorial many times but I am just too stupid and can't learn how to write my own EA. Tough luck.

Maybe you can modify it yourself?

Cheers.

robp:

Has hedging in this manner (two charts - one long only and one short only) proven to use less margin? or actually be safer? actually yield more than the combined margin could in a single testing environment?

Has the test been preformed against a control group? Same pair, same broker, same time frames, same settings?

MegaLeads:
Backtest shows that this would have required about a 60K account if trading on a standard account size... twice it went to 2.56 lots in a micro account - standard account would have been 25.6 lots..... needing 50K+ in order to keep from blowing out.

Micro account size requirement: about 6K

Could be reduced to under $3K if losing positions were closed as you go along.

OK. Before you catch up the team. Here is a little tuition for you.

Normal Standard and Mini Account(any other broker out there)

Symbol EURUSD

1.00lot = $10/pip

0.10lot = $1/pip

0.01lot = 10cents/pip

InterbankFX mini account - otherwise known as micro account

Symbol EURUSDm<== look carefully, with m!

1.00lot = $1/pip

0.10lot = 10cents/pip

0.01lot = 1cent/pip

Required margin based on 1:100 standard leverage

Normal Standard and Mini Account(any other broker out there)

Symbol EURUSD

1.00lot = $1331.20

0.10lot = $133.12

0.01lot = $13.32

Required margin based on 1:200 standard leverage

InterbankFX mini account - otherwise known as micro account

Symbol EURUSDm<== look carefully, with m!

1.00lot = $65.50

0.10lot = $6.55

0.01lot = $0.65

So, its not over leverage system.

Regards

David

robp:

No worries. I've already made the hedge EA on V12. It blow up the account in few weeks time. I know there will have people say let us put it on 0.01lot start hedging with buy/sell orders. Seriously, no use. You'll see the equity chart go BiPolar and then come back to breakeven line and loss 4pips in total(if your broker charge EURUSD for 2pips). Well, that is only single phase hedging. If you start with 0.01lot hedge, market got up to 5 level?!

0.01lot x -2pips x hedge = -4

0.02lot x -2pips x hedge = -8

0.04lot x -2pips x hedge = -16

0.08lot x -2pips x hedge = -32

0.16lot x -2pips x hedge = -64

Congratulations. You found the holy grail, you created the fastest way to go south, or go to hell. LOL Kidding mate. The reason I call for 10point3 hedge, its because I'm trying to find a good way to do UNEVEN hedging, instead of linear hedging. That sound stupid to me anyway. Anyway, the equally hedge V12 version has dumped into my recycle bin months ago. Current pending project is V12_Vantage. And I still haven't got a good solution on how to unhedge. Before that, I'll carry on with RB26DETT. Work with safer manner, and looking for extremely high successful trading rate. This will make the EA less profitable compare to V12, but I'm aiming for stability this time. Low max trade, low margin exposure, even low account balance tradeable. We'll see.

Regards

David

Sounds promising. Did you release RB26DETT yet?

davidke20:
No worries. I've already made the hedge EA on V12. It blow up the account in few weeks time. I know there will have people say let us put it on 0.01lot start hedging with buy/sell orders. Seriously, no use. You'll see the equity chart go BiPolar and then come back to breakeven line and loss 4pips in total(if your broker charge EURUSD for 2pips). Well, that is only single phase hedging. If you start with 0.01lot hedge, market got up to 5 level?!

0.01lot x -2pips x hedge = -4

0.02lot x -2pips x hedge = -8

0.04lot x -2pips x hedge = -16

0.08lot x -2pips x hedge = -32

0.16lot x -2pips x hedge = -64

Congratulations. You found the holy grail, you created the fastest way to go south, or go to hell. LOL Kidding mate. The reason I call for 10point3 hedge, its because I'm trying to find a good way to do UNEVEN hedging, instead of linear hedging. That sound stupid to me anyway. Anyway, the equally hedge V12 version has dumped into my recycle bin months ago. Current pending project is V12_Vantage. And I still haven't got a good solution on how to unhedge. Before that, I'll carry on with RB26DETT. Work with safer manner, and looking for extremely high successful trading rate. This will make the EA less profitable compare to V12, but I'm aiming for stability this time. Low max trade, low margin exposure, even low account balance tradeable. We'll see.

Regards

David

robp:
Sounds promising. Did you release RB26DETT yet?

Not yet. Fine tuning. But soon.

Regards

David

Reason: