10points 3.mq4 - page 41

Mtaboneweb:

This is a dangerous EA, that's why I mentioned even with $5K in a live account and that terrible margin of 1:1:00 at Velocity must start with low Micro Account's like 0.02 and build up patiently from there. to start trading at 0.20 lots or so, I would not do it with less than $10K in an account. The only reason that these martingale form of gambling EA's work is the support & resistance in Forex, not like betting on Red & Black in Roulette, the buyer's and seller's are regulating the market that's why at Pivot's etc. they reverse to get the money back, on minor corrections, I was using secure profit of 15 and went back to 10 based on some close calls on CHF I saw last week when it barely hit it and reversed again. One of the problems with this EA is being on the wrong side of a report on Friday, being at maxtrade like (5) and the Forex market shuts down Friday afternoon, and not knowing what to do at that point, suck it up and wait for Sunday Night or close it out, that may be a reason not to put on new postions for the week on let's say Late Thursday Evening US EST. It seems like the major problem is what to do Late Thursday with this EA.

I personally do not like your new settings at 0.15, this is only a $700 account and orders to protect 2, I don't like either, I was a commodity trader for many years now trading forex, I hate to say this but I think you will screw yourself again 0.15 is still way to high. (my opinion)

10point3 settings

txsundevil:
Mtaboneweb:

This is a dangerous EA, that's why I mentioned even with $5K in a live account and that terrible margin of 1:1:00 at Velocity must start with low Micro Account's like 0.02 and build up patiently from there. to start trading at 0.20 lots or so, I would not do it with less than $10K in an account. The only reason that these martingale form of gambling EA's work is the support & resistance in Forex, not like betting on Red & Black in Roulette, the buyer's and seller's are regulating the market that's why at Pivot's etc. they reverse to get the money back, on minor corrections, I was using secure profit of 15 and went back to 10 based on some close calls on CHF I saw last week when it barely hit it and reversed again. One of the problems with this EA is being on the wrong side of a report on Friday, being at maxtrade like (5) and the Forex market shuts down Friday afternoon, and not knowing what to do at that point, suck it up and wait for Sunday Night or close it out, that may be a reason not to put on new postions for the week on let's say Late Thursday Evening US EST. It seems like the major problem is what to do Late Thursday with this EA.

I personally do not like your new settings at 0.15, this is only a $700 account and orders to protect 2, I don't like either, I was a commodity trader for many years now trading forex, I hate to say this but I think you will screw yourself again 0.15 is still way to high. (my opinion)

I can appreciate everything you are saying and think your absolutely right. I am going to shrink the starting to .1 or maybe even a little lower. When I had protect on 3 it would close on 3 half the time and I didn't like getting screwed on a bigger profit. At this point, I would have much rather taken a smaller profit and closed on the 3rd rather than going to a 5th and loosing. Thank you for the feedback, I really do appreciate it.

Becarfull People... trending time is back whit the big players

Living dangerously

This is a dangerous EA and I am still alive with MaxTrades6.

Would I be if it was a live account? It is all in the depth of your pockets and your risk aversion.

I will update the week's statement when this saga has played out.

John

Files:

EUR USD - Test Day2

Nasty trading day. I made money trading manually today (go figure)

EA analysis:

Even though it went against the trend, the account survived. We'll have to see how soon will bounce back.

Files:
eu-uc.gif  6 kb
eu-uc.htm  17 kb
chart1.gif  16 kb
chart2.gif  17 kb

USDJPY Test Day #2

My tweaked EA seemed to have performed quite OK in today's crazy trading environment!

Files:

All's well

yeoeleven:
This is a dangerous EA and I am still alive with MaxTrades6.

Would I be if it was a live account? It is all in the depth of your pockets and your risk aversion.

I will update the week's statement when this saga has played out.

John

Well it was touch and go there for a while but the MaxTrades6 was successfully closed.

I have included a progressive summary for the week to date and have decided for the first time to leave the EA working over the weekend.

John

Files:

This Ea is good for the pair USDCHF but the bad for the pair EURUSD on thursday.For the pair USDCHF its can follow the trend move but not for pair EURUSD.

DLMv1.1

Always on the lookout for an EA to forward test I noticed an interesting EA posted here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175298

It is called Terminator and apparently is being tested in the elite section.

What surprised me was that it is DLMv1.1 which was developed from 10points_3 with different trading indicators.

I have downloaded it and set it up to trade from Monday morning using the IBFX demo $5000 platform on H1. I have gone back to the original settings except to trade from .01 using all the pairs mentioned up to Maxtrades10 and TP 38.

The idea being to look for incidences of trades exceeding MaxTrades6 as well as to note the effects of the other 3 indicators. It wouldn't be too hard for some amongst us to add the other indicators to our 10points_ Dynamic_Stop If they prove to be effective. Open to any other ideas in utilising it's benefits to improve our 10points3.

A final weeks summary is added for last week's testing of 10points 3

John

Files:
Reason: