10points 3.mq4 - page 46

last version

Just found out this thread...

What is the last version of the expert that you are all using for backtestiong and live trading ...?

Could you please post it...

thank you

emeric

kenari05:
my setting works on Northfinance broker too ! see attached.

Hello Kanari05,

Sorry but, I do not understand why you hide the prices.

It there he has some of special one to not to know?

my statements are in direct and complete

BrunoFX:
Hello Kanari05,

Sorry but, I do not understand why you hide the prices.

It there he has some of special one to not to know?

my statements are in direct and complete

from the price you can tell what the setting is.

kenari05:
from the price you can tell what the setting is.

I do not get you!! This forum is suppossed to be a place where people help other people and here you again boasting your settings work. based on your profit column, it looks like your positions are not held for very long. As you may or may not know NorthFinance says that a position needs to held for AT LEAST 10 MIN., yes this is true i asked them 2 days ago. So if you are holding your positions less than 10 minutes, they consider that scalping, and i'm willing to bet they'll stop your account. So please keep that in mind, i would hate for you to have your account closed by them because you were scalping! So with all this being said, if you are not scalping don't worry about a thing, but if you are be VERY careful!!

hello,

See my signature, I work with MIG and they accept this trade type

Hi yeoeleven:

2006.10.30 15:00:17

DLMv1.3: cannot open file E:\Program Files\NEXTT 4\experts\files\DLMv1.2-NonTradingDays.csv

May i know why the error is occured ?

Thanks

Version used

elepoutre:
Just found out this thread...

What is the last version of the expert that you are all using for backtestiong and live trading ...?

Could you please post it...

thank you

emeric

the original EA can be found by following the link on post #1 but on page 18 post #178 tururo posted the dynamic stop loss version.

From there it is all in the settings, I have tested this EA for over 2 months and my settings have been recently posted, in the interests of being able to use this EA on a relatively small account I have recommended reducing the number of pairs from the 4 originally included in the EA's coding.

This EA is dangerous in that it doubles it's trade with each increment so the Pipstep is important as is the MaxTrades and number of pairs being used. Using a broker that will allow units starting from .01 makes this EA a safer proposition unless you can trade a large account.

Please post your results and settings in the interests of helping to optimise this EA for all of our benefit.

John

Hello yeoeleven,

I confirm that a big capital must be available (big) and begin with of small Lot.

Now I do not use this strategy in his functioning (too dangerous) but certain of these principles as you will be able to see it in my signature

DLMv1.3

saat2006:
Hi yeoeleven:

2006.10.30 15:00:17

DLMv1.3: cannot open file E:\Program Files\NEXTT 4\experts\files\DLMv1.2-NonTradingDays.csv

May i know why the error is occured ?

Thanks

The reason that I have stopped testing that EA is because the csv file needed is unavailable. The last time I looked at the Elcactus site it was listed but was empty when downloaded also it would be needed to be updated again by now.

If you subscribe to the site you will be given more information and probably the updated csv file but the reason for the error is that you need that file.

I found that the EA worked previously without the file but considered it not as good as 10points3 dynamic stop without it.

John.

additional forward testing

In addition to the main forward testing using Maxtrades6 on only EURUSD & USDCHF I am using another platform to test all four pairs recommended using MaxTrades5 and lower TP.

I have posted a screen shot showing the problems that can occur with using the more volatile pairs (GBPUSD) with MaxTrades5. This is exactly what others have found to their cost previously. The SL was hit on the top of the price and MaxTrades6 would have easily survived.

All other pairs were successful during this test although USDJPY was also volatile but profitable.

John

Files:
gbpusd_5.gif  68 kb
Reason: