EAs and real accounts - page 10

newdigital's live trading portfolio

I am new to this site and I have spent lots of time trying to absorb all of the data that your forum presents. It is hard because it requires lots of reading, taking notes and painful evaluation of all these EAs. I am also not able to make sense as to why you wouldn't include EAs like Firebird running on EUR/USD and USD/CHF to the portfolio options you have.

It occurs to me that it will be VERY helpful to your subscribers if you open a thread which contains information on which experts advisors AND indicators YOU personally trade live along with the settings you utilize.

You are a man that knows most of what is going on TSD and other similar forums. You also have excellent knowledge on all sorts of technical analysis. There are very few people that have the knowledge you do for one reason or another.

To summarize, please create and maintain a thread where you specify what EAs and Indicators YOU portfolio has (along with detailed explanations where needed of course).

Hi jet,

as I understand you are mostly talking about that I need to express my opinion and report about what I am doing and thinking? That's no problem. But please understand that my opinion may be mistakes so ... Because there is something that I like and don't like and it may be personal thing so no need to follow me exactly about what I am doing.

I used this asctrend system.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174756

When I used this EAs https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174952

As to portfolio so the portfolio is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174701 (I am updating it monthly with results. It is demo accounts).

Now I attached Terminator_absolute EA to the chart hoping for good results. If results will be good so I will use it with some small money. Will see. I am always looking for something interesting.

And I used SignalTrader EA (see NewsTrader thread in this elite section): I made trading signals, published it to our forex-tsd calendar and traded it using SignalTrader EA. I stoped only because the differencies between my local time and GMT time and because I did not have time for that. My situation is very personal as I do not have any time to look at the chart all day and night: I am admin/moderator of this forum and I am doing many other things for this forum. But you may trade it. Now I improved this system and I am planning to start once again. It may be with real money (not demo account). But it may be in two ways:

- using this system on M5 timeframe (I did it with SignalTrader for M5 timeframe);

or

- using Ichimoku indicator on D1 timeframe.

Will see. May be I will use Ichimoku.

That's all my thinking about it.

Hey newdigital,

I understand that you cannot say which particular EAs to use and that is not what I am suggesting. All I am saying is keeping a posting with clear cut information such as:

Name of EA - Settings - Broker - Time Live Trading - Gross P/L in pips - Max Draw Down - personal comments...etc

You listed a few EAs that you USED to use. You are not using them any more? Are you _currently_ trading any EAs with your live account?

Are you using any indicators for live trading?

jet:
Hey newdigital,

I understand that you cannot say which particular EAs to use and that is not what I am suggesting. All I am saying is keeping a posting with clear cut information such as:

Name of EA - Settings - Broker - Time Live Trading - Gross P/L in pips - Max Draw Down - personal comments...etc

You listed a few EAs that you USED to use. You are not using them any more? Are you _currently_ trading any EAs with your live account?

Are you using any indicators for live trading?

You are talking about real money?

I said about Asctrend system. I posted the link. I am using it from time to time with real money (Alpari broker). As to EAs so I used SignalTrader, SBS_1.21 and now I am looking for good scalper. I am not using any EA with real money now as I will test SBS_1.23 more on demo and will use it with real money. SBS_1.23.

jet,

I said that my situation is personal. Do you know how many people are moderating whole this forum? How many people are doing forex calendar using this tool Forex-Tsd Calendar :: Calendars ? How many people are testing in elite section and posting results? I am doing.

So, that is why I am looking for something which I need. I am not looking for something which you need you know ...

Now I need good scalper. I want to create it. We are having time and possibility to create it so why not? I am creating it for the second months already. Besides, Igorad is creating as well. So, hope we will have it soon. I will post it of course.

Why do you need this information about my personal trading? It will not help you ... You need something which I don't need and I need something whcih you don't need.

As to this one:

so we are having it. And EAs, and setting, and P/L and everything. That is exactly i am doing here in elite section. I am doing exactly like that: name, settings, broker, time for the testing, p/l, drawdown and my personal comments. Every EA is having separated thread and everything was posted in the statements. I am doing exact like this for the about 2 years already. Read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174416

I will not post my statements with real money. I am fully understand about what you are asking for but sorry.

And some EAs which I am testing here I am forward testing during the almost 2 years! Two years forward testing with settings changing. And some EAs - without account changing! Impossible to do it with real money during the 2 years with same settings. Because if you are trading some EA with real money so you will change the settings, broker and so on ...

So, that is why i am testing on demo accounts.

Just the other thing which we may discuss. Why I am not testing any scalper or martingale EA? And why many members are looking for good scalper and martingale EA? Because I don't see nay which may be profitabe for 1 year forward testing with same settings. It is something with deposit size as well. I don't think that person will use martingale or scalper with real money if he can deposit 50,000 or 100,000 with no problem for him. We need to create EAs for the people with small deposit size which will be profitable for many months of forward testing. I know Brainwashing EAs: we may use it with small deposit size and with manual confirmation together with other indicators so it may be $700 with 0.1 lot size even. I traded this EA with real account for mnay months.

We are having many profitable EAs here for 5,000, 10,000 and 50,000 deposit size for example. Now we need to create many EAs for small deposit size as well. And in this case only the people will have a choice about what to use.

I don't think it is a question of account size. It is a question of maximum draw down and average _PERCENT_ return m/m if NO leverage is applied.

Example: If you have a $10000 account and your leverage is 1:1 (i.e. no leverage) you need to make 200 pips m/m for a 20% return by only trading 1 minilot! While you want to keep your maximum draw down below 10%. Are there any EAs that can do that?

Are there any EAs with less than 50% maximum draw down and more than 50% m/m return?

50 dd and 50 return?

Many EAs. But it is the subject of MM as well: more MM - more DD.

It is deposit size.

Many people are thinking like that:

"If I have $1,000 on deposit so will I be interesting

to have 1,500 for one year?

Or, may be, I will use some martingale EA

to have 3,000 for 3 months?

Yes, I understand that martingale EA

will kill my account. May be tomorrow.

May be next year. If I will lose my 1,000 in one day so

it will not be a tragedy for me. I will try.

Because I don't need $500 as a results for one year trading.

What for? Just to pay for electricity in the house?

Electricity_House_EA ... Great!".

It is something with deposit size.

Many people do not have any choice and they have to use some very risky EAs. That is why I said that we need to create many EAs for small deposit size (for example: $700 deposit trading by 0.1 lot size). Of course, very small DD. Of course.

I know just one EA which may be used for very small deposit size: Brainwashing some versions. There are some other EAs for small deposit size created but for MT3 so we need to convert to MT4. We need to create many different other EAs.

Need only 5 pips daily

Hello all my great fellows,

I am new to this forum and Elite section as well. I am loosing from last 8 months and my no strategy worked for me. I think there was some problems with me. But, now I want to do something different but consistently. I mean I just need 5 to 10 pips daily. I am not greedy. So, please share your great experience about my requirement. I mean if you know any EA which can give almost 5 to 10 pips daily without any problem then please must share it with me. I will be really very thankful to all of you!

Have a nice reply......!

I am waiting for your replies..............!

Best Regards.

Arsenic786

It Is Posssible

arsenic786:
Hello all my great fellows,

I am new to this forum and Elite section as well. I am loosing from last 8 months and my no strategy worked for me. I think there was some problems with me. But, now I want to do something different but consistently. I mean I just need 5 to 10 pips daily. I am not greedy. So, please share your great experience about my requirement. I mean if you know any EA which can give almost 5 to 10 pips daily without any problem then please must share it with me. I will be really very thankful to all of you!

Have a nice reply......!

I am waiting for your replies..............!

Best Regards.

Arsenic786

Hello,

This forum is very good and helpful.

In my openion, definitely there are systems right in this Forum which will yield more than 10 pips daily on one contract. I mean they can identify entry and exit point to yield more than 10 pips daily. If you like a couple of such EA's that fit your taste, next task would be to stick to it without interfering its operation. I found that to be more difficult. Greed or fear or doubt, whatever it is will interfere and I monkey with the system and endup with loosing day. One need descipline to shut the system after 10 or 15 or 20 pips for the day or session or week, whatever is the planned goal.

So, I think the the wining combination is (I + EA).

Provided one can follow the rules strictly, 10 pips per day is really a treasure. My account is with 1:200 leverage. That means $50 margin to have 1 minilot ($1 move per pip ). So with $10 per day, it is $50 per week, which is 100% on margin requirement. In otherwords, double in 1 week. You can trade 2 minilots next week.

If there are no loosing week, it is over 1000 time $50 in 10 weeks. $50 -> $50,000 in less than 3 months!!!? Something must be wrong. But math says it is possible. Probability may say it is impossible. So there may be a balance. May be we will not double it in 1 week but wait for high probablility setup only and double in 2 weeks. If we are luck we may double it in 3 days, if we trail the profit cautiously after 10 pips are locked in.

Also one may not need to wait till doubling. If one starts with higher initial position, positionsize can be increased after 25% or 50% growth.

Currently I am running Blessing System for over a month using microlot in live acount. It is doing good. My concern is steadyly increasing margin, just to make that one last winning of 15 pips ( I use 15 pips step on EURUSD). If you have enough balance in the account, this method is realy stress-free money trickler. But its doubling time is not short, because of increasing margin. It may be 2months or 3 months.

Just my thoughts. Comments welcome please.

-Arun

Reason: