EAs and real accounts - page 7

If more than one used on the same account you should use magic numbers....

Thanks for your advise. I think most of these EA has magic number build-in. (Hope I am not wrong! :P)

So do I need to do anything if magic numbers are already built-in in these EAs? What will happened if they don't have magic numbers?

To my knowledge, not all the EA's have magic number.... Some programmers do not code it.... Please see below from cubesteak to add yourself:

http://www.cubesteak.net/2006/10/adding-a-magic-number-to-an-ea/

Regarding your other question:

Most of the EA's have a setting for lot size...

I believe may be it would be the best to open seperate accounts for different EA's to manage them and keep track of them better... Interbank, as I am told does not allow too many accounts but may be 2 or 3....

Also I suggest host your Metatrader not on your computer; use a VPS or Ian's metatrader hosting service.. (Ian's service sounds better...)

Suggestion....

Demo trade them first you will thank yourself later. When you demo trade EA's you are not risking your hard earned capitol, also demo testing gives you an idea of what settings you might need to change including lot size so therefore it is best to learn on a demo account rather than learning on a Live account. When you switch to a Live account you will also have a learning curve. Remember the market will probably be here for years to come so there is no hurry to begin. When you decide to go Live then use LOW leverage and increase it later if you desire. You are going to need alot of capitol to run that many EA's, and demo testing will demonstrate that too you. Trading is about managing your account and with time and useage of these EA's you could get a better sense of how they perform and how you need to leverage them after considerable viewing/demoing time. If you have studied these EA's results that other trader's have done the testing on you will find that your testing results are different than there own therefore it is best to test them for yourself and not make any decisions on what EA's to use based on other traders tests ie. find out for yourself. cheers

gorinw9:
To my knowledge, not all the EA's have magic number.... Some programmers do not code it.... Please see below from cubesteak to add yourself:

http://www.cubesteak.net/2006/10/adding-a-magic-number-to-an-ea/

Regarding your other question:

Most of the EA's have a setting for lot size...

I believe may be it would be the best to open seperate accounts for different EA's to manage them and keep track of them better... Interbank, as I am told does not allow too many accounts but may be 2 or 3....

Also I suggest host your Metatrader not on your computer; use a VPS or Ian's metatrader hosting service.. (Ian's service sounds better...)

Thanks for your advice. I will study that link carefully so I will know how to insert magic numbers by myself if necessary.

What will be the difference between using my own computer or using metatrader hosting service?

goldensight:
Suggestion.... Demo trade them first you will thank yourself later. When you demo trade EA's you are not risking your hard earned capitol, also demo testing gives you an idea of what settings you might need to change including lot size so therefore it is best to learn on a demo account rather than learning on a Live account. When you switch to a Live account you will also have a learning curve. Remember the market will probably be here for years to come so there is no hurry to begin. When you decide to go Live then use LOW leverage and increase it later if you desire. You are going to need alot of capitol to run that many EA's, and demo testing will demonstrate that too you. Trading is about managing your account and with time and useage of these EA's you could get a better sense of how they perform and how you need to leverage them after considerable viewing/demoing time. If you have studied these EA's results that other trader's have done the testing on you will find that your testing results are different than there own therefore it is best to test them for yourself and not make any decisions on what EA's to use based on other traders tests ie. find out for yourself. cheers

Thanks for your suggestion. I will either test them on a demo first, or use extremely low leverage and lot size at the beginning.

Hi I posted earlier that I was using Firebird0.65 on IBFX live account as well as Phoenix. I am no longer doing so as it was causing too much drawdown during these last few massivly trending days.

I am now demoing MakeGridMacd taken from the strategybuilderfx.com site on two ranging pairs only EURGBP and NZDUSD -- standard settings no stoploss. .01 lots.

and demoing goblin on the four majors, using .01 lots with max trades set to 3. Will post results at the end of the week.

I am using .01 lots to simulate a real account. Risk management is crucial with EA's. So this is the portfolio i'm testing for the moment. Also still trading manually at the begining of the asian session 23:00-4:00 GMT when it is the Asian sessions highest volatility.

can't you autotrade?

Just to keep everything in one place (because people are still asking).

- good post of cucurucu.

- Can't you autotrade?

- Learning to code for autotrading.

- Trading with Metatrader.

- mql4 manual.

TradersPowerExpert and SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert

Hi NewDigital,

I found that the TrailingStop are set to "False" for TradersPowerExpert and SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert. Is this giving you better back testing and forward testing results for these 2 Experts?

I am considering to switch TrailingStop to "True" for these 2 Experts in live trading. But I would like to listen to your opinion first. Please kindly advise. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Geoff

Overwhelming. Need Help

Hi all,

since few days ago I started study more and more EA i havnt saw before. At the end, it was very hard to decid and try out which EA to use according to the test result. my current focus on trade is using interbankfx to trade eurusd. can anyone suggest which EA should i look into study more in order to generate effectly result?

thx

johntsai

Reason: