Discussion - page 22

many people asked about tim starting to test EAs in total leaders thread (because all of them started to forward-test in different time.

So I updated the recent total leaders post.

It is showing the current situation as many EAs are not trading often and 20 pips may be very good for them.

For example, KSRobot_1_5_eur_m15 did 72 pips since January 2006 but it was about 39 trades only for that period of time so 72 pips is very good results for this kind of EA:

it was 39 trades since 02nd of January this year:

30; 13; 7; -5; 5; -12; -25; 11; -13; 0; 12; 11; 29; 31; 1; 1, 39, -22, -12, 0, 3, -25, 14, 16, 2, 15, -34, 0, 9, -20, -23, 6, -8, 7, 5, 1, 7, 4, -8.

Newdigital,

Why do you think qq has a bug? I back-tested it for 05-06, and it had 44 trades in 12 months. I am demo testing it, and it has traded only twice in 9 weeks. Maybe the low number of trades lately is because eurusd is not moving much recently. What do you think?

barry:
Newdigital, Why do you think qq has a bug? I back-tested it for 05-06, and it had 44 trades in 12 months. I am demo testing it, and it has traded only twice in 9 weeks. Maybe the low number of trades lately is because eurusd is not moving much recently. What do you think?

Stop loss is not 260 pips in this EA. But one order was opened during the many weeks and it was -260 day before yesterday. It was closed on -215. But stop loss is 30. I understand that it is bid/ask and stop loss is not 30 really (I looked inside the code) because if we have big movement the stop loss is also big one. But not 260! No one can survive with this kind of system trading 7 lot size and closing the orders on -215 pips. I used this EA together with 20 pips portfolio system and now my demo account came to 3,000 since 27,000 only because of that and I will have to install new demo acount for 20 pips portfolio in this case.

May be because of hidden stop loss ... I have no idea. But I stop testig this EA untill it will be clear everything.

Just for information:

Igorad fixed the bug and made the other two versions of qq EA:

qq_v2.2.mq4

qq_v2.3.mq4

Will test it from tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Ah good, thanks Newdigital and Igorad. I'll look forward to testing them once you post them.

barry:
Ah good, thanks Newdigital and Igorad. I'll look forward to testing them once you post them.

I will post after I will recognize the risk using it. I want to backtst it a little.

I am curious, can you post the maximum drawdown each of these EA's encountered? It is great if an EA makes 5000 pips, but if it had a 10,000 pip drawdown to get there, then it doesn't look so hot. Just an idea.

Ducati:
I am curious, can you post the maximum drawdown each of these EA's encountered? It is great if an EA makes 5000 pips, but if it had a 10,000 pip drawdown to get there, then it doesn't look so hot. Just an idea.

No one EA testing is making 5,000 per months.

As to drawdown so it is good idea. But I think we may see it from the statements. Besides there are stop loss, take profit and each EA is trading system. So it is more related to deposit size to use EA with.

Not all the EAs should be used with small deposit and 2,000 is very small deposit size for some of them.

MA Cross

Hi DB

I have been looking for an indicator which plots arrows on the chart on cross of two different types of moving averages such as ema and sma or wma and sma, kalenzo gave me something similar but it is not quite what I need, is there such an indicator somewhere?

Thanks

Where to learn...

I'm very new to this and I'm hoping some of you guys can give me a hand. I've only been doing this for a about a month, hence I still have tons to learn. I am the type that's willing to sit and read so I'm hoping some of you might be able to name a book or point me in the direction of some tutorials or places to look. I am reading a lot here and I am trying things. I've been working with a few demo accounts and I just opened a real account. Though I only started it with $300 usd on a mini account. I know to no invest more than I can loose. Thanks for any help guys.

drew

Reason: