Forex Tsd Contest! - page 11

Beluck:
is this so hard for programmers who can write "100% accurate" EA to incorporate simple fixed-ratio MM code?

you can continue to stay limited by your imaginations. they will quickly be broken in real trading.

i will not waste my time making useless EAs just to win this "pips" contest.

my latest posts here are to help other people, first of all elite subscribers, as they pay prizes actually, to obtain a system, that can be used for their real money and make them real profit with knowing their real risks.

pengie, if you want a contest of accuracy, then why have you made grid EA? why don't you use just one order to test the accuracy? grids are actually the kind of MM too. you advise me to think deeper, but don't you see what i say is actually deeper cause it extends possibilities and puts everyone in equal conditions? you agree in principal, then what is the problem?

I agree totally with newdigital's comments. I think I did not express myself clearly enough. The point I wish to make is pips=money. It is that simple. You have been condemning the contest winners' EAs, saying that they wouldn't work in real situations. Are you so sure about that? If they can get positive pips, they will make money. The only difference between a demo forward testing and live forward testing is that the feeds may be different. If they are exactly the same and my EA makes, let's say a modest 300 pips, this month, wouldn't it mean that you have made a profit of $300 if all lots are at 0.1? If you want more profits from my EA, just increase the size of each lot. It is that simple.

you still have limited point of view. start trading you EA for real and report us results 6 months later, ok?

pips profit without risk and drawdown tells nothing about system performance.

and while denying importance of MM here, your own EA's main part is a kind of MM indeed. you use MACD cross as simple trigger point to start your grid (orders in both directions). MACD can be replaced with any other indicator or combination or even random time with comparably the same results for your system in the longer run.

it just happened that this contest rules give big advantage for such kind of EAs, but it is very far from good for real usage.

now let's take goldwarrior EA. it has hedging order 10 times bigger than base order. so it can make profit in money, but in pips it can be negative.

there are many other examples and many very moderate EAs can be modified to use grid orders to have outstanding pips profit results, but for trading they will not have acceptable % of risk and profit.

Beluck:
you still have limited point of view. start trading you EA for real and report us results 6 months later, ok?

and while denying importance of MM here, your own EA's main part is a kind of MM indeed. you use MACD cross as simple trigger point to start your grid (orders in both directions). MACD can be replaced with any other indicator or combination or even random time with comparably the same results for your system in the longer run.

it just happened that this contest rules give big advantage for such kind of EAs, but it is very far from good for real usage.

now let's take goldwarrior EA. it has hedging order 10 times bigger than base order. so it can make profit in money, but in pips it can be negative.

there are many other examples and many very moderate EAs can be modified to use grid orders to have outstanding pips profit results, but for trading they will not have acceptable % of risk and profit.

To each his own. I am not trying to prove anything to anyone here. If you don't like my EA or don't trust it, then don't use it. Simple as that. In forex trading, I am willing to have limited point of view, as long as I make money. After all, the bottom line is to make money. Ok, I wouldn't continue this pointless debate as I do not wish to appear as a sore winner.

Beluck:

Beluck, Common!

Goldwarrior is you EA! You converted it.

It is profitable for EURUSD and GBPUSD in pips calculation for more than 6 months forward testing.

It is the statement for open trades and separated statement for close trades. With drawdown, risk and everything separatedly by pairs, working hours, timefilters and more and more.

Check here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173370/page9

And check the scripts from Igorad https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173442

We have the same statements in deposit currency also (in dollars).

So we have some tools.

Create the tool which will be summarize all the rules: pips, equity, deposit and everything. You may speak with Igorad because he wrote the message to me one month ago and he had some proposal about efficiency in pips and in deposit currency also and some coefficients (which i posted above) and about equity and so on.

Because we do not have the special tool to create portfolio also.

What is optimal f? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

I am lazy to read https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

So create something to analyze the normal statement with everything and to create portfolio. Because many EAs were tested during more than 6 months aleady so we will create portfolio so we need the equity also because portfolio is something which people may use with real money. And we will have all the data about contest EA in this case.

Because how many people participating in the contest now? Codersguru (moderator), me (admin), Igorad and Pengie. We all together + Pengie. And Pengie is not the elite member even! And you are talking about the rules ...

Create the tool for equity, for this optimal f (what is optimal f?), for portfolio with everything and we will use it.

newdigital:
Beluck, Common!

Goldwarrior is you EA! You converted it.

It is profitable for EURUSD and GBPUSD in pips calculation for more than 6 months forward testing.

the fact that i converted it to mq4 does not make me the author.

so it is not mine, but i gave it just like example. you see it is profitable in pips for only 2 pairs. i do not know if it is profitable in dollars for other pairs, but it can be.

Because how many people participating in the contest now? Codersguru (moderator), me (admin), Igorad and Pengie. We all together + Pengie. And Pengie is not the elite member even! And you are talking about the rules ...

yes, i am talking about the rules, cause fair rules will help to get more participants and, more important, will give elite subscribers (people who pay for this contest) better EAs.

Beluck:
the fact that i converted it to mq4 does not make me the author.

so it is not mine, but i gave it just like example. you see it is profitable in pips for only 2 pairs. i do not know if it is profitable in dollars for other pairs, but it can be.

yes, i am talking about the rules, cause fair rules will help to get more participants and, more important, will give elite subscribers (people who pay for this contest) better EAs.

I think your proposal (equity) is something related to portfolio. May be you are right. We will create the first portfolio set and then will see how it is going on with this equity.

But there is the other problem with MM: EAs with MM are having different profit factor depending on initial deposit. For example one person will use EA with 3,000 and the other one with 15,000 (initial deposit size): the same EA, the same settings, the same duration of the testing (backtesting or forward testing), the same broker and everything is the same (initial deposit is different only). And those two persons will have completely different results (because of MM).

I backtested many EAs with MM but I can not do any forward test with MM because the results depend on the initial deposit size.

pengie:
To each his own. I am not trying to prove anything to anyone here. If you don't like my EA or don't trust it, then don't use it. Simple as that. In forex trading, I am willing to have limited point of view, as long as I make money. After all, the bottom line is to make money. Ok, I wouldn't continue this pointless debate as I do not wish to appear as a sore winner.

my argue is not about you or your EA (though personnaly I'd not use it and I doubt you use it for real). i just want this contest to be fair to all participants.

yes, the main thing in trading is to make money and not to loose them, but one EA can make for example 40% yearly risking to loose 50%, while other can make 30% risking 10%. what do you think is better?

and current contest rules do not help to find out neither gain nor risk %, instead people see just one little aspect - pips profit.

newdigital:
I backtested many EAs with MM but I can not do any forward test with MM because the results depend on the initial deposit size.

results of % gains will be not different, no matter what initial deposit is.

the easiest way is to run every EA alone in separate metatrader. you can rent a VPS server for about 30-50 usd/month for contest and then analysis can be done easy with standard statements.

maybe i will make a tool that will build euity using history and then simulate fixed ration MM on it, but i am not sure if it is possible for all types of strategies. i am still thinking on it.

Beluck:
my argue is not about you or your EA (though personnaly I'd not use it and I doubt you use it for real). i just want this contest to be fair to all participants.

Just for the record, I am using my EA for real, with good results. If I don't trust it, who will? Besides, if you don't trust forward testing results and we all know backtesting is pointless, then I don't know what you trust at all.

There are many kinds of MM:

if (LotsWayChoice==1)

{

dLot=MathCeil(AccountFreeMargin()/10000*LotsPercent)/10;

}[/CODE]

if (LotsWayChoice==2)

{

int k=LotsDepoForOne;

for (double i=2; i<=LotsMax; i++)

{

k=k+i*LotsDeltaDepo;

if (k>AccountFreeMargin())

{

dLot=(i-1)/10; break;

}

}

}

[CODE]if (LotsWayChoice==3)

{

dLot=MathCeil((AccountFreeMargin()-LotsDepoForOne)/LotsDeltaDepo)/10;

}

if (dLot<0.1) dLot=0.1;

return(dLot);

I took it from some library file inside my MetaTrader (author is Kimiv).

And there is the other library file with 23 kinds of MM (author is komposter).

And there is MM using in Envelope EA for example (with decrease factor).

So MM is not easy subject and MM should be adjusted to particular EA with specified deposit size and settings. If we change something (deposit size, some settings and so on) so it will be the other MM.

Not easy.

Reason: