Terminator v2.0 - page 38

Thanks

Thanks Cris, I dug into it and found the parameters. Also changed the colours to Red and Aqua, my screenshot shows green but I've since changed that.

To use it in an EA I guess somehow you have to pass on the "bool UpTrendAlert=false, DownTrendAlert=false;" parameters to the EA. E.g. if(UpTrendAlert==true) {buysig=true;}? That's my guess, am not a code savvy person and I have only about a month experience with MQ4.

Hopefully someone more savvy than us will rise to the rescue, that's what I think this forum can do. There are many knowledgeable guys (and gals) out there willing to help.

Cheers

Pip2

Files:
new_colours.jpg  86 kb

Ama & Ea

HI again, I've been doing some work on this Indicator. Pic 1 shows a comment I put in the indicator to show when a down or up Trend is indicated. Pic 2 shows the reverse. Pic 3 shows the line I changed (added) its the comment line. To use in an EA I think it would go like this:-

ax=iCustom(NULL,0,"AdvancedAMA_v1",0,10,2,30,5,2.0,2.0,0,1,1,0,0,2,0)

The red "2" in the number of the index Buffer for uptrend. If it is around normal price range then an uptrend is confirmed if not it will be a very large number as seen on Pics 1 and 2.

So ay=iCistom NULL,0.... ...,3,0) the 3 is index for down Trend Buffer

and the zeroes at the end indicate the last bar on the chart, bar [0].

Your lines in the EA would be like:

if(ax1000){buysig=true;sellsig=false;}// or something equivalent

if(ay1000){sellsig=true;buysig=false;}

I am sure there are more elegant ways to do the same thing, and my choice of 100 and 1000 is strictly arbitrary. I have NOT tried the above, but when am ready, I'll be doing just that.

Cheers,

Pipsqueak2

Files:
pic1.jpg  90 kb
pic_2.jpg  86 kb
line_175.jpg  99 kb

Advanced AMA

Wow,

I'm impressed Pipsqueak. I'm very new to Forex, and don't want to be a dolt, but I took some time today manually checking the performance of this indicator against 90% quality Alpari data for January of this year. I have not had time to do more, but the manual Pip count I did for the EXACT start and end of the colors indicated that it yielded a profit of $0.2019 which I think equates to 2,001 pips (I hope my math is correct) for January on a 15 minute EurUsd chart, not including spreads or interest on the buy trades.

If my reasoning is correct, an EA that bought and sold exactly at the sart and end of each trend would do well because the losses are tiny compared to the gains, and you never get stuck with open trades with the market moving against you.

I dare say that I'm oversimplifying this but could I be right?

WB

POSSIBLE ea addition

OK WB, I hope you added the pips from the actual bars and not the indicator line, There is sometimes a wide variation between bars and the indicator.

My post above was done in haste, I believe one could refine an entry and exit based on the CHANGE in colour. From Red the Aqua(my colours) is a buy Aqua to Red is a sell. My info above will get you in a trade as soon as the EA is launched and that might not be the best time to enter the market.

The line to select buy or sell in the EA would look at Bars[0] AND Bar[1]. Then decide on that change in colour which translates to a change in Index Buffers 2, and 3.

Right now am testing Mandarine with my entry algorithm. Later I will test AdvancedAMA on Terminator.

Cheers

Pipsqueak2.

Advanced AMA

Hi Pipsqueak,

Well I'm glad I mentioned I was a noob! I measured from the Indicator, not from the Bars, so I'll go back and redo it tomorrow. What a knuckle head I am - but learning none the less.

While I can't code I'm MORE than happy to forward / back test so feel free to lean on me and I will happily deliver - At least I can pay back peoples kindness with labor, if not knowledge.

WB

Ok

OK WB, don't be so hard on yourself. I too am a newbie at this MQ4, even though I have dabbled in Forex for a couple years. MQ4 is a strange language, at least to me .

So I'll dabble along.

Cheers,

Pipsqueak2

Advanced AMA

Thanks Pipsqueak :-)

Will try and do the manual testing today to see if I'm right about the Pips generated.

Thanks for the encouragement.

WB

Ea Attachment

Hi Guys, this continues to be off topic but here is my last effort with AdvancedAMA_v1. I have inserted those lines in the business part of Mandarine. Backtesting works, now to forward testing.

void CheckForSignals(string symbol)

{

double aq0=iCustom(NULL,0,"AdvancedAMA_v1",10,2,30,1,0);//Aqua going up

double rd0=iCustom(NULL,0,"AdvancedAMA_v1",10,2,30,1,0);//Red going own

double aq1=iCustom(NULL,0,"AdvancedAMA_v1",10,2,30,2,1);//Aqua going up

double rd1=iCustom(NULL,0,"AdvancedAMA_v1",10,2,30,2,1);//Red going own

if(aq0<rd1){sellsig=false;buysig=true;}

if(rd0<aq1){buysig=false;sellsig=true;}

NOTE: I have changed certain Parameters in the Indicaror to internal input so that only 3 Parameters show up in the ICustom list 10,2,30. To do that, open the Indicator in the Meta Editor and delete "extern" from the variables you want to exclude from the Parameter list.

Have fun,

Pipsqueak2

}

post 360

hello ,tom i'm testing terminator v203 (see post 360) whith interbank fx and i have no problem on demo account?but when i want to start my EA in my real account whith FXDD i have a probleme the EA execute only ONE trade,i don't understand because the other versions of terminator work well....but i prefer v 2.03 ....please help me

markus06160:
hello ,tom i'm testing terminator v203 (see post 360) whith interbank fx and i have no problem on demo account?but when i want to start my EA in my real account whith FXDD i have a probleme the EA execute only ONE trade,i don't understand because the other versions of terminator work well....but i prefer v 2.03 ....please help me

I could use more info.

What are your settings?

Look at the terminal journal tab to see if it gives a clue.

If lot digits is set to 2, try setting it to 1.

Do your backtests work with FXDD?

tom

Reason: