Parameters when using iCustom

I am writing an EA that uses a custom indicator so i am using iCustom in the code.

The book gives the format as follows:

double iCustom( string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift)

and says this about parameters (....,):

Parameters set (if necessary).

Now this indicator has 39 external parameters that can be set and I do not want to change any of them from the compiled version - iow use the parameters as is.

Do I still have to list the 39 parameters every time I use this indicator in the code or can I just set the mode and shift and leave out the parameters?

e.g. iCustom(NULL,0,"CustomIndicator",0,1)

ernest02:

I am writing an EA that uses a custom indicator so i am using iCustom in the code.

The book gives the format as follows:

double iCustom( string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift)

and says this about parameters (....,):

Now this indicator has 39 external parameters that can be set and I do not want to change any of them from the compiled version - iow use the parameters as is.

Do I still have to list the 39 parameters every time I use this indicator in the code or can I just set the mode and shift and leave out the parameters?

e.g. iCustom(NULL,0,"CustomIndicator",0,1)

If you use all the default parameters ( externs ) then you do not need to specify any of them . . . if you need to change one or more you must specify all of them.

Thanks RaptorUK! Good to see you back!

Ernest

ernest02:

Thanks RaptorUK! Good to see you back!

Thanks, I've not been away though
Reason: