Terminator v2.0 - page 44

jeremiahkn:
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your immediate response. But my question was actually on the code of Terminator. In mini account at IBFX, all currency pairs end with an 'm', i.e. usdjpym, gbpusdm, eurjpym etc, while the code inside terminator on each pairs are without 'm' at the end, should i add an 'm' on the end of each pairs inside the code or no changes are needed to trade at ibfx mini, would it still works?

Which version are your suggesting to be used to trade?

Thanks again Tom.

regards,

Jeremy

I suggest v2.03 as it has a safer lot progression. Load it into an ibfx mini demo and backtest it. With LotDigits=2 it should work okay. You may have to adjust and raise some of the other settings like TP and SecureProfit as i made the Fib lot progression change quickly without testing and adjusting the other settings in relation to it. Even if I were to do that, most traders make their own tweaks and innovations anyways so I grant the freedom and leeway to do so for each individual.

Hope this helps.

tom

jeremiahkn,

If you have IBFX 0.01 lot demo account opened so backtest this 2.03 version with any mod and with any modelling quality just to see: does it open the order and which lot size. It is very easy to see the intial lot size by this way.

Please find updated statement for this EA.

newdigital:
Please find updated statement for this EA.

Oops look really dangerous... too many open orders no ?

dswk:
Oops look really dangerous... too many open orders no ?

I created most safe settings (max orders is 3) and pairs which is most safe for margins.

Only that I did is the following:

I selected 5,000 demo deposit only (it should be at least 50,000).

And I am trading too many pairs.

So as a result I will see which pairs are more good to trade with 5,000. Then I will reduce the trading pairs and will use 2 or 3 only.

Besides I hope that we will be able to improve this EA to trade with small deposit size. Because what we have now? We have the following:

- EA is trading fine and performance is very good;

- but one day almost all opened orders are opened and (as we do not have any stop loss so) we should wait untill our opened orders will be closed.

It is not dengerous. For example, I am trading GridMACD and it is ok. I just warry about this "taking a rest" period when we should wait untill opened orders will be closed. And it may be several weeks or several months.

So basicly it looks as the following:

- trading period;

- some period of silence - basicly not trading (because maximum orders opened already).

- orders will be closed and EA is trading once again.

It is ok.

But we do not need this "period of silence" so may be it is possible for this EA to trade in particular market condition only to close all opened order in non-trending market? Remember my evaluation of MTF_AbsoluteStrenght indicator (on M5 chart with settings of H1)? It was on public forum and in elite asctrend thread as well.

Thank you Newdigital for your comments on this ea

TimeZOne

Is it important to set the correct timezone? Terminator version I'm using is set to -3. If it should be done do we set it to our local timezone or the broker's timezone?

Cheers!

XOLOSIS:
Is it important to set the correct timezone? Terminator version I'm using is set to -3. If it should be done do we set it to our local timezone or the broker's timezone? Cheers!

Author said that timezone is just for one indicator and do not need to be changed. So I did not changed it.

Thanks ND,

I'm currently testing Terminator and Pheonix at the moment on a purpose built server that I just built. I still got some way to go though especially with the back/forward testing and understanding the basics such as drawdowns and other terms.

XOLOSIS:
Thanks ND, I'm currently testing Terminator and Pheonix at the moment on a purpose built server that I just built. I still got some way to go though especially with the back/forward testing and understanding the basics such as drawdowns and other terms.

If you want to know my opinion so this Terminator is having good potencial but should be improved. You may see my previous posrs where I said about closing all opened orders according to some indicator if market condition is changed.

Author of this EA said by some posts that he will try to do something. Besides i asked some coder as well. Just hope that it may be done.

Reason: