Terminator v2.0 - page 42

smeden:
How much has the average weekly win been since testing this EA? And on how much capital and what margin? Split into 4 pools was an example it could be 2 or something else.

BTW I am testing on demo account ...

I don't think somebody will use it with real money with 100,000 deposit size. Too risky. And 30,000 is to risky as well.

1,000 may be ok.

But this system was not designed for 1,000 deposit size.

may be 3,000?

The only way to use it is stop loss should not be 0.

Yes or it will not be possible to control the drawdown. But we not looking for worst chase if we use this method we are just trying to survive long enough to get good profit. The stop loss has to be very high or this EA will not perform.

The basic problem with a martingale or grid type system is if the market trends against one's positions too long, with a too narrow pipspread, and poor money management, it will cause substantial losses.

Money Management - Keep the lot size and margin useage low in relation to account size and available margin. Fib lot progression is helpful on this, also lowering Maxtrades. Using Fib lot progression one may need to optimize settings of TakeProfit and SecureProfit accordingly. Your third position down should be about break even plus or minus a little if SecureProfit hasn't been enabled yet.

Pipspread - For those who want quick returns and profits a lower pipspread might produce that but in time will break the bank as was demonstrated in my own demo acct. A higher pipspread will give one a larger trading range. How large? - for now - test for yourself. Depending on the currency pair - probably in the 50 pip range for eurusd or usdchf with 8 maxtrades.

As a larger pipspread would entail holding positions longer, trading in the direction of positive swap may, in some cases, be advantageous.

It has long been a trading maxim - 1. higher risk = higher profits,2. lower risk = lower profits.

My demo acct posted earlier on this thread demonstrated #1 above and what higher risk truly means.

These are some of my findings so far - just my 2 pips worth.

tom

tmaneval:
The basic problem with a martingale or grid type system is if the market trends against one's positions too long, with a too narrow pipspread, and poor money management, it will cause substantial losses.

Money Management - Keep the lot size and margin useage low in relation to account size and available margin. Fib lot progression is helpful on this, also lowering Maxtrades. Using Fib lot progression one may need to optimize settings of TakeProfit and SecureProfit accordingly. Your third position down should be about break even plus or minus a little if SecureProfit hasn't been enabled yet.

Pipspread - For those who want quick returns and profits a lower pipspread might produce that but in time will break the bank as was demonstrated in my own demo acct. A higher pipspread will give one a larger trading range. How large? - for now - test for yourself. Depending on the currency pair - probably in the 50 pip range for eurusd or usdchf with 8 maxtrades.

As a larger pipspread would entail holding positions longer, trading in the direction of positive swap may, in some cases, be advantageous.

It has long been a trading maxim - 1. higher risk = higher profits,2. lower risk = lower profits.

My demo acct posted earlier on this thread demonstrated #1 above and what higher risk truly means.

These are some of my findings so far - just my 2 pips worth.

tom

Yes, I will try to play with pipstep. But it is ok for now: equity is growing so will see. Besides I setted the settings according to some pdf file suggesting to trade in the direction of positive swap. Besides I am using some people's suggestion to have harmonized directed currency (if EURUSD is setted for sell only so some other currency with XXXEUR should be for log and other XXXUSD for long as well and so on) - it is for margin.

I think everything will be ok.

I will test more.

And will try to play with this pipstep value.

I'm testing Terminator v2.03 with my parameters.

Here's the result from a DEMO account start with 5000 $ :

detailedstatement_10.htm

dmbsys

you can't trade so much pairs with only 5k , it's not safe , you should use 1-2 pairs 3 if you aggressive ,more pairs is simply a good receipt to blow your account up (unless you got stop loss and lower max trade)

guys, i know we all experiment in demo accounts and not real one but try to keep the demos near reality it will help us when we go live.

keep the good work test and test it more.

dmbsys:
I'm testing Terminator v2.03 with my parameters.

Here's the result from a DEMO account start with 5000 $ :

detailedstatement_10.htm

dmbsys

My statement.

Files:

Updated statement for 2.03 version

Files:

Updated statement of 203 version.

Starting deposit size 5,000.

Reason: