Terminator v2.0 - page 37

fibolot

hello ,

thank's tom for you EA,i think it's more safer ....now i 'm testing....

Open Orders Based On...

tmaneval:
Done. See post#1 for T2.03. Also added another buy/sell trigger (OpenOrdersBasedOn=6)

Changed some settings in hopes to make this a safer EA - larger pipspread.

It's not much so far....but every little bit helps.

tom

Hi Tom, when I look through your Terminator program I do not see any computation to automatically switch Cases. "OpenOrdersBasedOn" is set in the data initialization and there is nothing to reassign values. Am I missing something?

Pipsqueak2

PS. Do you have any examples of 2 nested "for loops"? I am trying to write a new indicator involving 2 nested loops and a double subscript variable. The Manual is hopeless in that regard.

pipsqueak2:
Hi Tom, when I look through your Terminator program I do not see any computation to automatically switch Cases. "OpenOrdersBasedOn" is set in the data initialization and there is nothing to reassign values. Am I missing something?

Pipsqueak2

PS. Do you have any examples of 2 nested "for loops"? I am trying to write a new indicator involving 2 nested loops and a double subscript variable. The Manual is hopeless in that regard.

There is no code to automatically switch Case settings. That is a static setting chosen in OpenOrdersBasedOn= . In other words....what method do you want to use to open orders? Choose one.

I don't have an answer for your second question. From what I understand indicators are created, then buy/sell triggers from those indicators are created which can be incorporated into the EA.

Hope this helps.

tom

Nested Loops

Thanks Tom, That's what I gleaned from my reading of the program. Now to my question, how do you code nested FOR LOOPS ? I have tried both nested "for" and nested "while" loops with the same wrong results. I know I am doing something wrong, but what? I am new to coding in Meta Quotes ( 1.5 months experience) so you can see am a "newbie". Here is what I have that does not work:-

(All initializations etc are in place).

=========================================================

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| Custom indicator iteration function |

int start()

{ int i,j,k;

{

for(k=0;k<(Bars-12);k++)

{ for(j=k;j<(k+6);j++)

{ax[k,j]=((High[j]+Low[j])/2)*f1[j-k];

Comment("ax 3 ",ax[0,3]," 4= ",ax[0,4]," 5= ",ax[0,5]," 6= ",ax[0,6]," 01= ",ax[1,0]);

}

}

}

}

=======================================================

It compiles OK with no errors but when I try to display ax{10,2] e.g. I get "0". And all values are "0" except the first 6.

I want to implant this strategy in one of the Cases of Terminator. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Pipsqueak2

pipsqueak2:
Thanks Tom, That's what I gleaned from my reading of the program. Now to my question, how do you code nested FOR LOOPS ? I have tried both nested "for" and nested "while" loops with the same wrong results. I know I am doing something wrong, but what? I am new to coding in Meta Quotes ( 1.5 months experience) so you can see am a "newbie". Here is what I have that does not work:-

(All initializations etc are in place).

=========================================================

//| Custom indicator iteration function |

int start()

{ int i,j,k;

{

for(k=0;k<(Bars-12);k++)

{ for(j=k;j<(k+6);j++)

{ax[k,j]=((High[j]+Low[j])/2)*f1[j-k];

Comment("ax 3 ",ax[0,3]," 4= ",ax[0,4]," 5= ",ax[0,5]," 6= ",ax[0,6]," 01= ",ax[1,0]);

}

}

}

}

=======================================================

It compiles OK with no errors but when I try to display ax{10,2] e.g. I get "0". And all values are "0" except the first 6.

I want to implant this strategy in one of the Cases of Terminator. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Pipsqueak2

I'm not clear what you want to do. Have you first tried to make a custom indicator? Or have you tried using 2 separate loops instead of trying to nest them?

You can PM me further on this.

tom

Hi ppl,

Can someone put this Indicator on this EA.

The EA will open trades sell on red and buy on blue, when indicator change color.

Thanks in advance

Fast_cris

Files:
cris3.gif  15 kb

New Indicator

Hi Cris, I downloaded your AMA indicator and tried it but all I get is one colour; see below. How do you get those fancy colours for up and down?

Pipsqueak2

Files:
no-colours.jpg  80 kb

Hi, you have to change the settings:

mode=1

color=1

colorbarback=1

Stay well

Fast_cris

Found It

Never mind Criss, I found the Parameters to make the change.

Pip2

Files:
i-found-it.jpg  90 kb

Advanced AMA

This might make a good EA in it's own right?

Reason: