Terminator v2.0 - page 34

pipsqueak2:
OK Bluto, point taken. I have included a screenshot of part of my Demo statement. Around the middle you will see a hefty gain of over $1,000 made by Terminator. The other losses of 300 plus were made by the others.

I put them all on the tester under the same conditions and Terminator was the ONLY one to have a perfect straight line of 77,000+ gain from 10k. I know the Tester is not the best place to make a decision but its a start. Predator was a bit bumpy and not bad until the last 2 months, when it started losing big-time, to the tune of $2500 about 4 times in a row, wiping out some nice gains.

In forward testing on a demo, Predator neither lost nor gained overall. All gains it made it lost them just as quickly. Sometimes I could not see the logic in the positions it opened. I had to wait days for a correction then the gain or loss would be small. So in effect, to me, Predator wasted a lot of valuable time. Time is monney.

The others were similarly tested and the only consistent one with fair gains was Terminator. Am not trying to put the others down, am just stating my opinion based on my results. I never manually closed positions because I wanted the EA to do the work for me.

If an EA does not make money, to me its toast!

Regards.

Pipsqueak2

It's all good...I think my skin was a bit thin when I saw that term "flunky". I guess some of us have a tendency to get protective of our beloved EA's. Anyway, congrats on your success and hope you have more of it.

OK Bluto, no offense taken. Am just thinking, if the various pairs(all of them) have their own characteristics, why not "tailor" EA's to be Pair-specific? For instance, a EUR/USD EA would be tailor-made for that pair. That way we don't have to make an EA one-size-fits-all!

What do you think?

Regards,

Pipsqueak2

P.S. The idea is, of course, that EA would be dynamite on the EURO but terrible on other pairs!

Update

This past week's update

Files:

Live Account

kjenkins:
This past week's update

Hi KJ, do you trade live with the Terminator? My demo results are quite convincing but its on the Forum that live feeds are different from demo feeds and that live results may be different from demo results( usually less profit).

If you have a live account, you might want to erase your full name and account number from any posts, just in case, just a thought.

I took a second look at the code in Terminator2.02 and its quite impressive. There are six modes of entry (0-5) . There's MACD, i_Trend, RSI, MFI, Stochastic all used either alone or in combination. From my "research, only Predator uses so many methods for entry. I intend to demo-trade until the end of the year whereupon I will open a live account probably with FXDD.

Its no use posting my results because they would be mis-leading in that I tested many losers on the same account and the Terminator gains would be dwarfed by the other losses.

Happy testing,

Regards,

Pipsqueak2

demo

pipsqueak2:
Hi KJ, do you trade live with the Terminator? My demo results are quite convincing but its on the Forum that live feeds are different from demo feeds and that live results may be different from demo results( usually less profit).

If you have a live account, you might want to erase your full name and account number from any posts, just in case, just a thought.

I took a second look at the code in Terminator2.02 and its quite impressive. There are six modes of entry (0-5) . There's MACD, i_Trend, RSI, MFI, Stochastic all used either alone or in combination. From my "research, only Predator uses so many methods for entry. I intend to demo-trade until the end of the year whereupon I will open a live account probably with FXDD.

Its no use posting my results because they would be mis-leading in that I tested many losers on the same account and the Terminator gains would be dwarfed by the other losses.

Happy testing,

Regards,

Pipsqueak2

Hi Pip, it is in demo. But I know what you're saying. I've performed so many tests on these EAs and using both live and demos with same pairs and settings on each and even tried to synch both demo and live at same time using same broker so that the forward test is as close as possible to test differences between live and demo. So far I've found so little difference that it wouldn't change my opinion that the live and demo differ enough to keep me from going live. FXLQ has been the best broker for me hands down. I would and most likely will live trade this EA after the first of the year. Ttyl, Kevin

Backtest Margin tracking in journal

Bluto..

Just wondering, would it be useful for backtesting to include code that tracks (prints)margin levels in backtest journals? (To give some idea how close to edge a simulation ran with different capital /different levels /different settings?) critical levels only? Maybe useful for comparing times/peak correlations when choosing multiple pairs?

O

terminator2 and nano lot

i want you know wich broker autorise trade in nano lot 0.001

thank's

lot nano

Interbank fx allows nano batches 0.001 I did not test terminator but other EA react like the comtpes in demonstration except for some pipes

mintzior:
Interbank fx allows nano batches 0.001 I did not test terminator but other EA react like the comtpes in demonstration except for some pipes

I am testing some EAs with litefiorex. It is broker in cents:

$10 = 1000 in MetaTrader.

And I may trade by 0.1 lot size.

it is 0.01 or 0.001?

It is 0.001 I think.

Statement

Hi Guys, here is the Statement of my efforts in tweaking Terminator2.02. The entire statement was too long to send as one file so I've posted the relevant recent portion below.

I started with a $10,000 demo and lost about $2500 to some flaky EA's floating around then I discovered Terminator2.02 and it looks like all hell has broken loose in the profits department. The account has gone from about $8500 to over $21,000 in less than a month! That includes losses from my tweaking and closing all orders + or - on Fridays.

Looks like my choice for my live account will be Terminator.

Pipsqueak2

Files:
terminator.jpg  165 kb