The "XO"-Method......... - page 65

Hi bmac, my charts are still showing a "signal" at 15:05 as far as CCI, XO, and FF.

Here's the problem though: You have another news release coming in at 16:00making this time for trading what I like to call "no-man's land". Most of the time, the markets will be waiting for the next release before making it's mind in direction.

bmac:
hi valeo, yesterday i took all the signals the system gives and the day was great, almost 90 pips profit, but today i took them all after the german news and then after the jobless claims news, the first signal gave +10 and the second signal around 15:05 metatrader time a long signal at 1.8950 dissappeared, just the green bar in 4tf xo gone when next candle retraced, so even though at that moment the signal was valid, with cross of cci and green bars agreeing without no overbought in stoch and forex freedom signaling long trend, the signal just went off, could you please take a look at it? i am a little confused as now it appears as this signal was never there.

hi pip,

thanks for explanation, could you please detail a little more, you mentioned you still have a signal or green bar at 15:05 in 4 tf x02 ? in mine has gone, what is the way to avoid this?

thanks for the tip of news at 16hrs, in my calendar only appears jobless claims

thanks in advance.

Did you close or refresh your charts since the time of the signal?

I use 3 or 4 sites to be ready for news releases. FF is a good one. (I know we're not supposed to promote other sites but it has a great calendar)

Nevertheless, have a good trading day.

bmac:
hi pip,

thanks for explanation, could you please detail a little more, you mentioned you still have a signal or green bar at 15:05 in 4 tf x02 ? in mine has gone, what is the way to avoid this?

thanks for the tip of news at 16hrs, in my calendar only appears jobless claims

thanks in advance.

no, i did not refreshed it, just went off in front of my eyes, i was trading long at 1.8952 and 2 bars later the green bar in 4tf xo2 which was there, with dot and all signals just went off. is there a way to avoid this?

Right now another weird situation too, just went short cable at 16.50 which was second red bar in xo and 4tf xo after went down like 15 pips the previous bars in both indicators turned red, like 3 bars for 4tf x02 and like 6 bars for xo, in this case is not against my trade, but i am a little concerned about this bars disappearing and changing colors.

Pip Trip:
Did you close or refresh your charts since the time of the signal?

I use 3 or 4 sites to be ready for news releases. FF is a good one. (I know we're not supposed to promote other sites but it has a great calendar)

Nevertheless, have a good trading day.

Pip Trip

I have noticed that even after news have come out, the FF site does the provide the updated information readily. Are there any free sites that will provide the updates in a timely fashion?

We do know that the XO indicators change or repaint as some call it There's a post by keris very early in this thread where he talks about using multi-timeframe indicators. Look back and check it out.

The trick is to take the trade when everything is showing and not worry so much if it repaints in a future bar.

bmac:
no, i did not refreshed it, just went off in front of my eyes, i was trading long at 1.8952 and 2 bars later the green bar in 4tf xo2 which was there, with dot and all signals just went off. is there a way to avoid this? Right now another weird situation too, just went short cable at 16.50 which was second red bar in xo and 4tf xo after went down like 15 pips the previous bars in both indicators turned red, like 3 bars for 4tf x02 and like 6 bars for xo, in this case is not against my trade, but i am a little concerned about this bars disappearing and changing colors.

I usually go here to see what the numbers were/are:

http://www2.marketwatch.com/news/newsfinder/default.asp?doctype=-2&scid=0&siteid=mktw

et_phonehome_2:
Pip Trip I have noticed that even after news have come out, the FF site does the provide the updated information readily. Are there any free sites that will provide the updates in a timely fashion?

ok i get the idea, anyway today is not so bad, let me tell you today signals:

+10, +10, -20, +10 and the other half of this short trade still running at +26 pips, so i will take all signals as i see them, just will take care during news, try to close trades before big news relases.

i use 2 lots, close first at +10 and move to breakeven, anyone has another good money management technique to apply?

Pip Trip:
I usually go here to see what the numbers were/are: http://www2.marketwatch.com/news/newsfinder/default.asp?doctype=-2&scid=0&siteid=mktw

Thank you for this referral. That has always been my bain.

Best regards.

hi valeo,

could you tell us which were your signals for today? that way i could check mines.

Reason: